News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

First world problems thread

Started by Mr.Obvious, March 11, 2021, 01:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Opened a bottle of white dessert wine, instead of a dry white.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 11, 2021, 01:26:00 PM

I knew you couldn't be trusted!

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

I long for the simpler times of the past.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Gf keeps falling asleep on my arm late at night in the sofa.
Nothing good on TV, can't get up to get a book or play a game. Arm falling asleep.
Rest of me fully awake.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GSOgymrat

Books at my local library can't be downloaded to Kindle. I have to read on my phone!

Cassia

There is something special about a physical book.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on March 25, 2021, 06:10:47 PM
I'll second that!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 25, 2021, 07:54:15 PM
I'll second that!

Definitely. But Kindle has made my life so easy in radical ways...I've kind of betrayed books in the last decade. :sad2: I feel guilty to be honest. (At least my books are not on kindle which is bad for the reader here -who would be in a minority of thousands, lol- but my only consolation.) Money -English books are sold on pounds here!-, availability, the fact that I can carry my books -which are just nearly hundred in kindle, lol- in my bag, everywhere. I have high myopia, last 2 years hypermetropia said hello and gainning and also astigmat. Reading with kindle is far more easier for me. I can read much longer on kindle than with the actual book.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 11, 2021, 01:26:00 PM

Ice wine is very snackable.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

When we got married Boss Lady put "a few books" in storage. When we got a place suitable I built her a dozen bookcases. Then I introduced her to librarything.com and she was off to the races. She entered all her books, using a scanner, and I saw a happy smile spreading across her face. 837 books, not counting dupes. I had 52 banker's boxes of books, so we had a few. Boss Lady likes books, and she's promiscuous, she'll take a book whatever medium it's presented in.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

I just can’t seem to get bread right....goddamn you world!!!! Curse you bread people who brag.....don’t come a knocking, I got a loaded slingshot jes fer you!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on March 26, 2021, 01:30:35 PM
I just can’t seem to get bread right....goddamn you world!!!! Curse you bread people who brag.....don’t come a knocking, I got a loaded slingshot jes fer you!
Surefire solution!  San Luis french bread hot off the shelve of your fav store!  Constantly great!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 26, 2021, 02:03:16 PM
Surefire solution!  San Luis french bread hot off the shelve of your fav store!  Constantly great!
Won't kill their own meat, don't have a clue as to how to raise a crop of grain, but ready to dive in and fuck up a load of dough for bragging rights.

I worry about this generation.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

They're making some bread with olive oil lately in a bakery near us, it is delicious.