Off topic: always expected to lock the door (detail in description)

Started by Nopejustnotinterested, December 27, 2023, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nopejustnotinterested

A lot of people tend to become frustrated that their parents won't let them lock their doors ever. My parents on the other hand are different. They always have to tell me to lock the doors, every single time they come over.

I have moved out over two years ago. You might think I should be grateful for being allowed to lock the doors. But the problem is however, that they never shut up about it. I tried reasoning with them that no one hardly ever comes to my house except them.

Their defense every time, even if I tell them I'll lock my door in a minute is "but I don't like it when you're lying around all night and you not locking your door". What they don't realize is that they keep returning to my home every FIVE MINUTES, and I am getting sick and tired of having to get up just to unlock the damn door.

You may think I'm just being lazy, but the truth is, I've struggled with moderate depression and chronic allergies for almost a decade so I'm always exhausted, no matter how long I go to sleep. There's so much physical burden placed upon me and medications prescribed for me don't work.

I hate that they keep coming without warning, and they get angry when I tell them to just get it over with and make up their minds.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm complaining, I just need to get this off my chest.