News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

chipped crown

Started by Mr.Obvious, March 09, 2021, 05:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

My gf has a dental implant and a crown affixed atop of it. One of her upper front teeth.

This evening, as we were going to have a little snack in front of the television; I moved to place the plates atop her lap. And in that moment she too moved to reposition herself. The result was the plates connected to the porcelain crown, resulting in a chipped crown.

I'm pretty sure the implant won't have to be replaced. And for as far as I can tell on what limited info I find online; replacing the crown atop an implant is do-able in a relatively short amount of time. (Weeks rather than the months it takes getting an implant fixture and the abutment and crown installed, all together.)

Does anyone here have any experience with this?
Already sent a mail to the necessary dentist and she's gonna call the dentist tomorrow (it's late) and hopefully, seeing as she should still have the dental records, they can get started on a replacement quickly.
But the gf is concerned. She thinks it looks awful. It is noticeable, but I think she is noticing it more than other people would. And I guess, for once, thank god for the corona-masks? People won't see it.

I just hope to be able to reassure her tomorrow-morning over breakfast. Hate seeing her downtrodden. And I feel awful for my part in this accident.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Blackleaf

Accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up about it. But maybe invest in some TV trays, so you don't have to put the plates on your laps. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

If they can use the original casting they used to make the crown that may be cheaper and faster. I cracked a back tooth and they crowned it. Years later it needed a root canal and they went right though the crown and then just filled it, saved me some $$$.