News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheists with mental issues

Started by Paolo, February 18, 2021, 03:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 05, 2021, 12:44:39 PM
I am, however, not scared or worried about "what comes next". I don't believe anything comes next.
I'm not worried about that either.  I consider your exceptional attitude as a worthy goal for humanity.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 05, 2021, 12:44:39 PM
NB I'm 70 and life-long atheist. I've been in constant pain for 18 months now. My wife holds the morphine bottle so I don't lose track of how much I've taken. When it wears off I'm very careful not to move. But, of course I have to move sometimes. The doctors have other things to do so I don't see a resolution to this other than death. I am, however, not scared or worried about "what comes next". I don't believe anything comes next.
Not worried about death.  Only concern I have in that regard is unnecessary pain.  Necessary pain I can deal with--but to prolong my life because of a dr. ego is a bit much for me--hope I don't have to deal with it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

I've donated my corpse to a hospital yeears ago. This is not something that comes up in a conversation naturally. But the reactions people give is something you should see when it happens. Any kind of reactions. Young nurses in hospitals, approching people for organ donation act pretty funny. Mostly they get stunned, assume I'm lying (?), but then they can't help but ask about it. I think, it is a kind of urban legend around here and people have all kinds of conspiracy stuff. But then when they see the card, this time they treat you extremely kindly. One old nurse, nodded, and asked me if it's OK to see my card if I have it with me and made me cut in the line in a very discreet way, I didn't even get it what was going on first.

One religous childhood friend, very honestly from her position said that it's a good thing for 'someone like me' to do that. Someone like me. :lol:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

I’m planned for a “body farm” where they put your stiff ass in some type of contrived situation..wait a pre-set amount of time and turn some forensic students loose on me to fill in the blanks. It’s my hope I stink up the place.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Paolo

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 06, 2021, 04:47:12 AM
He is wating for something extraordinary to happen [to him] in this process. :lol:

Is this a petty attempt at a personal attack?
Oh noes...I think I’m dead....

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Paolo on March 11, 2021, 11:38:43 AM
Is this a petty attempt at a personal attack?

No, it isn't. You think you are going to find/discover something extraordinary. Understand something hidden everybody has missed.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Paolo

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 11, 2021, 12:42:40 PM
No, it isn't. You think you are going to find/discover something extraordinary. Understand something hidden everybody has missed.

OK, if you say so...
Oh noes...I think I’m dead....