News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh is Dead

Started by SGOS, February 17, 2021, 12:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2021, 06:33:25 PM
You would if you did a tiny search of what his views were.  He fits into the trump (whom he fully supported) world and cast of characters.

My dad was a Trump supporter. Should I wish death on him too? I haven't listened to Rush much at all since moving out of my parents' house, but do believe I heard him say once that he thought Trump had a habit of throwing out crazy ideas without fully committing to them, so he could throw his hands up and say, "Hey, I didn't say it was true. I just said we should talk about the possibility." He described it as throwing fuel on the fire and watching it burn. So I don't think he worshiped Trump as a god, unlike many Conservative media personalities.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 18, 2021, 06:47:28 PM
My dad was a Trump supporter. Should I wish death on him too? I haven't listened to Rush much at all since moving out of my parents' house, but do believe I heard him say once that he thought Trump had a habit of throwing out crazy ideas without fully committing to them, so he could throw his hands up and say, "Hey, I didn't say it was true. I just said we should talk about the possibility." He described it as throwing fuel on the fire and watching it burn. So I don't think he worshiped Trump as a god, unlike many Conservative media personalities.
Did I say all trump supporters should die?  I don't know anything about your dad, so I guess whatever opinion you have of him is up to you.  Limbaugh was the same type of talking head as Hannity and Tucker Carlson.  Ditto Heads are as vapid and stupid as the trump supporters. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

QuoteMy dad was a Trump supporter. Should I wish death on him too?

If your dad made a 84 million dollar career out of going on the radio and have a segment specifically celebrating and reading aloud the names of gay men who died because of AIDS (AIDS UPDATE)[1], accused a Duke University rape victim of being a "ho", "stripper" and "had the DNA of half of North Carolina in her" + blamed the "radical left" for punishing these poor rapists and destroying our educational institutions[2],  made fun of Michael J. Fox for his Parkinson's Disease[3], did stand up comedy mocking a homeless advocate who committed suicide[4], referred to Obama as, "Barack the Magic Negro!"[5], and for decades profited immensely off of homophobia, sexism, racism and really served as a catalyst for the growing far right-wing partisan bullshit that has eroded our government and even worse our society as a whole... then I'm sorry Blackleaf, but I would be glad your dad was dead and would find satisfaction in it.

Thankfully, I doubt your dad has tens of millions of dollars he made off of being one of the worst cretin humanity had to offer.

[1]https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rush-limbaugh-mocked-deaths-aids-121945827.html
[2]https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2007/01/15/more_outrage_in_duke_lacrosse_case/
[3]https://www.thedailybeast.com/ill-never-forget-rush-limbaugh-mocking-michael-j-foxs-parkinsons
[4]https://www.mediamatters.org/rush-limbaugh/rush-tour-aids-misogyny-and-suicide-used-punchlines
[5]https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/limbaugh-draws-fire-on-obama-parody/
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

QuoteSo I don't think he worshiped Trump as a god, unlike many Conservative media personalities.

No, but he was Trump before there was Trump or Trumpism... and he was the one of the biggest workers who laid out the road work for Trump to stroll into the White House.

Without Rush Limbaugh, I really don't think there is a FOX News as we know it. He pushed the envelope and saw that people went batshit for it and opened the flood gates for far-right partisans to invade every level of our information outlets, and from there openly dominate every level of our society.

I don't think Limbaugh would worship Trump as a god; rather they sat upon the same pantheon. I figure Rush probably had a legitimate respect for Trump though, and Trump for him, given how close they were.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

hrdlr110

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 18, 2021, 10:20:36 AM
It is with great sorrow that I learned of Lush Rimjob's death at home in bed. I was hoping for a fiery car crash with him trapped inside and people pointing and laughing.
This would require the destruction of a perfectly good car, and far too rushed of a death, so I'm not on board with that.
Sign me up for the pointing and laughing tho!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

GSOgymrat

One of the times my husband was on the oncology unit, a man across the hallway was dying of lung cancer. He had very loud, raspy, gasps for breaths that sounded like he was being strangled. We could hear it clearly with both doors closed. This went on for at least two days before the breaths finally stopped. Rush Limbaugh's circumstances may have been different but, for what it's worth, this guy's death seemed like an extremely drawn-out and painful way to die.

Blackleaf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 18, 2021, 10:27:47 PM
One of the times my husband was on the oncology unit, a man across the hallway was dying of lung cancer. He had very loud, raspy, gasps for breaths that sounded like he was being strangled. We could hear it clearly with both doors closed. This went on for at least two days before the breaths finally stopped. Rush Limbaugh's circumstances may have been different but, for what it's worth, this guy's death seemed like an extremely drawn-out and painful way to die.

I'll never understand why we choose to prolong people's suffering, as if a life of constant torment is better than no life at all. When someone is that far gone, why not put them out of their misery? We euthanize pets when they get too sick, but humans have to suffer and die slowly? It makes no sense.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 18, 2021, 10:27:47 PM

That's refreshing to hear at least.

QuoteI'll never understand why we choose to prolong people's suffering, as if a life of constant torment is better than no life at all. When someone is that far gone, why not put them out of their misery?
The way we treat patients will always be a sore spot for me; I watched my dad be tortured for basically a year and a half with lung cancer while the hospitals tried new things on him (on Uncle Sam's dime). None of them improved the quality of life; he went from an oak of man to a skeletal husk that, for about the last 3-4 months wasn't even really able to communicate.
But it makes hospitals more money to prolong people's suffering, so it's okay.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on February 19, 2021, 12:15:49 AM
That's refreshing to hear at least.
The way we treat patients will always be a sore spot for me; I watched my dad be tortured for basically a year and a half with lung cancer while the hospitals tried new things on him (on Uncle Sam's dime). None of them improved the quality of life; he went from an oak of man to a skeletal husk that, for about the last 3-4 months wasn't even really able to communicate.
But it makes hospitals more money to prolong people's suffering, so it's okay.
I'm with you 100%.  My dad died of emphysema; he had an advanced case of it, in that he could only go as far as the oxygen hose would let him and even then when sitting in a chair, he did not have the energy to read (he loved reading).  So he went to the garage and attached a hose from the exhaust pipe on the car, into the cab of the car and died with the car running.  A humane society (we don't live in one) would have assisted his death in a painless way. 

My mom lived in Oregon, which does have an assisted death law, but it's a bit complicated.  When my mom was operated on for ovarian cancer, she asked the doctor in Portland how to apply for assisted death.  I was in the room when she discussed it with him.  He said he would get the process started if she really wanted to.  He noted she was an insulin taking diabetic and that it is quite simple for her to forget how much insulin she used for a shot.  And he cautioned that that would be fatal--so be careful.  My mom then told him she no longer wanted to apply for the assisted death.  That is my out--I am an insulin taking diabetic.  I always make sure I have a large amount of insulin on hand.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

I thought he said he was pro-life. What a hypocrite.

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm worried that he's not dead enough. I need a wooden stake.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 19, 2021, 11:41:41 AM
I'm worried that he's not dead enough. I need a wooden stake.
I'll bring the garlic, we can skip the holy water.

Unbeliever

I must admit that the news of Limbaugh's passing sort of made my day. I used to listen to him, about thirty years ago, and thought he was entertaining, but I got over that when he became a rabid attack dog.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 19, 2021, 11:35:25 AM
I thought he said he was pro-life. What a hypocrite.

I'm dead (in the slang sense of the word).

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cassia on February 19, 2021, 11:45:48 AM
I'll bring the garlic, we can skip the holy water.
It's not very well known, but you can burn the coffin to kill a vampire. They did this in the middle ages. Apparently the vampires made all kinds of crazy sounds, which proved they were vampires.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers