News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh is Dead

Started by SGOS, February 17, 2021, 12:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I thought it was worth posting, although I don't really give a shit.

aitm

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Momma said if you don't have anything nice to say...
So, Imma refrain.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GSOgymrat

I never paid attention to Rush Limbaugh because I don't listen to talk radio and he seemed like someone who said things simply to get a reaction and to entertain his audience.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Gawdzilla Sama

I was born the same day, month, and year as Lush Rimjob and within twenty miles of him. He was born in a hospital, I was bornin a share-croppers house. My mother worked weeded cotton until noon and had me at 5:30 PM. She didn't lunch or supper that day.

Just goes to show that astrology is bullshit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Mark Twain said something like this--I never have wished death upon any individual, but I have read with pleasure a few obituaries.

Not as nice as Twain, for if I could have wished death upon limbaugh, I would have.  I only relish his death.  Only wish it had come much, much sooner--and was more painful!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 17, 2021, 06:08:27 PM
I was born the same day, month, and year as Lush Rimjob and within twenty miles of him. He was born in a hospital, I was bornin a share-croppers house. My mother worked weeded cotton until noon and had me at 5:30 PM. She didn't lunch or supper that day.

Just goes to show that astrology is bullshit.

:lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 17, 2021, 07:30:43 PM
Mark Twain said something like this--I never have wished death upon any individual, but I have read with pleasure a few obituaries.

Not as nice as Twain, for if I could have wished death upon limbaugh, I would have.  I only relish his death.  Only wish it had come much, much sooner--and was more painful!

LOL. Apparently, that wasn't Mark Twain but some American lawyer. It's more fitting, but Mark Twain sounds cooler I guess.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 18, 2021, 05:30:20 AM
LOL. Apparently, that wasn't Mark Twain but some American lawyer. It's more fitting, but Mark Twain sounds cooler I guess.
Well, I'll be damned.  I had never looked into the source of that saying, and it turns out you are right.  Clarence Darrow is supposed to have said something like it. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2021, 09:16:00 AM
Well, I'll be damned.  I had never looked into the source of that saying, and it turns out you are right.  Clarence Darrow is supposed to have said something like it. 
It sounds kind of Mark Twainish, but it has an edge to it that is not typical of most of Twain's comments.

Gawdzilla Sama

It is with great sorrow that I learned of Lush Rimjob's death at home in bed. I was hoping for a fiery car crash with him trapped inside and people pointing and laughing.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

I was about to ask if he was the guy who was fired from Fox News for sexually assaulting female staff members, but no. That was Bill O'Reilly. This is the talk show guy. I don't know if he did anything that would make me celebrate his death. I know he spread Right Wing propaganda, but I don't want to be a hypocrite after my disgust seeing how Conservatives reacted to Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death last year. I can think of a few people the world would be better off without, but I don't feel particularly strongly about Rush Limbaugh.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 18, 2021, 06:22:11 PM
I was about to ask if he was the guy who was fired from Fox News for sexually assaulting female staff members, but no. That was Bill O'Reilly. This is the talk show guy. I don't know if he did anything that would make me celebrate his death. I know he spread Right Wing propaganda, but I don't want to be a hypocrite after my disgust seeing how Conservatives reacted to Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death last year. I can think of a few people the world would be better off without, but I don't feel particularly strongly about Rush Limbaugh.
You would if you did a tiny search of what his views were.  He fits into the trump (whom he fully supported) world and cast of characters.