News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Conspiracy theories

Started by Mike Cl, February 05, 2021, 03:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Trump Will Start the End of the World, Claim Evangelicals Who Support Him

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-will-bring-about-end-worldevangelicals-end-times-779643

Evangelical Christians overwhelmingly support President Donald Trump because they believe he'll cause the world to end.

Many have questioned why devout evangelicals support Trump, a man who has bragged about sexual assault, lies perpetually and once admitted he never asks God for forgiveness. Trump's lack of knowledge of the Bible is also well-known.

Nevertheless, many evangelical Christians believe that Trump was chosen by God to usher in a new era, a part of history called the "end times." Beliefs about this time period differ, but it is broadly considered the end of the world, the time when Jesus returns to Earth and judges all people.

Christian prophets continually show up over time.  It is a never ending stream of prophecy.  And it is very, very consistent--not once, has any prophecy ever come to pass.  Yet, the brain dead (or brainless) eat this shit up.  So, March 4th marks the time Trump will enter the presidency once again and will lead the world into the end times.  The sheeple will continue to be sheared.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

I'm not up on the apocalypse, but I seem to recall that the anti-christ plays an important role.  Doesn't he fool the righteous or something like that?  But then "ta-dah," the real Christ returns and sets things straight with a final reckoning.   I think the anti-Christ comes first.  If that's true, why to the righteous gravitate to the first obviously "Not Christ" that shows up.

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2021, 09:23:54 AM
Trump Will Start the End of the World, Claim Evangelicals Who Support Him

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-will-bring-about-end-worldevangelicals-end-times-779643

Evangelical Christians overwhelmingly support President Donald Trump because they believe he'll cause the world to end.

Many have questioned why devout evangelicals support Trump, a man who has bragged about sexual assault, lies perpetually and once admitted he never asks God for forgiveness. Trump's lack of knowledge of the Bible is also well-known.

Nevertheless, many evangelical Christians believe that Trump was chosen by God to usher in a new era, a part of history called the "end times." Beliefs about this time period differ, but it is broadly considered the end of the world, the time when Jesus returns to Earth and judges all people.

Christian prophets continually show up over time.  It is a never ending stream of prophecy.  And it is very, very consistent--not once, has any prophecy ever come to pass.  Yet, the brain dead (or brainless) eat this shit up.  So, March 4th marks the time Trump will enter the presidency once again and will lead the world into the end times.  The sheeple will continue to be sheared.
Welp, there it is. The longing for the end so the ungrateful fools can go on.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 18, 2021, 08:07:59 AM
Oh yeah I see. What about that famous 'lsd' stuff, I mean heavy chemicals of that sort has any solid thing to do it?
That has been confirmed to be an CIA experiment program.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

I don't know if Agent Orange was an experiment or just disregard for soldiers, and I'm not sure if they have yet to resolve the harm it may have caused.

drunkenshoe

Oh, I am just trying to think of ideas for a short story. That's why I keep asking about horrible stuff, lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on February 18, 2021, 10:52:34 AM
I don't know if Agent Orange was an experiment or just disregard for soldiers, and I'm not sure if they have yet to resolve the harm it may have caused.
Agent Orange was a defoliant. Removed the jungle cover so the supply lines could be spotted and interdicted.

My brother dropped Agent Orange on me. We had to have a talk about that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 18, 2021, 11:34:15 AM
Oh, I am just trying to think of ideas for a short story. That's why I keep asking about horrible stuff, lol.
Agent discusses with old Vietnam vet about volunteering for a special project, a time machine. The agent asks him who he would shoot if he went back to 1963, just  before JFK got shot? And why?
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 18, 2021, 01:07:52 PM
Agent discusses with old Vietnam vet about volunteering for a special project, a time machine. The agent asks him who he would shoot if he went back to 1963, just  before JFK got shot? And why?

LOL Nothing like that. It is just collecting topics of real events in history to put in a basket as it were. It's not to be used in a complete sense.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

I saved the punchline. Every time the vet is interviewed it is the first time for him. But he's been the shoot/bomber/etc. in a long string of executions.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 18, 2021, 01:07:52 PM
I would say trump. :) And Cruz and the turtle, and....................well, you get the idea.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

I think Zilla has meant Oswald.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

GSOgymrat

People will believe literally anything.

TikTok Users Are Burning Snowballs in Viral Videos to 'Prove' the Snow is Fake

Have you seen those viral videos on TikTok and Twitter where users are burning snow to “prove” that it’s actually fake? Needless to say, the snow is real. The viral videos actually show a perfectly normal reaction to placing the flame of a lighter or match against a snowball. But that hasn’t stopped these videos from racking up millions of views.

Who’s creating this “fake” snow that’s falling from the sky all around the world, according to the conspiracy theorists? Bill Gates, of course, the evil puppetmaster behind so many of the world’s ills right nowâ€"from the covid-19 pandemic to secret tracking chips inside all of the world’s coronavirus vaccines.

Yes, conspiracy theorists with smartphones are really worried about being constantly tracked through their... vaccines. And it’s not just Bill Gates. Some people believe China is in on the whole conspiracy, sending fake snow to the U.S. in an effort to convince Americans climate change is real. China may have even done this to make Ted Cruz look bad, according to some conspiracy theorists. ...

Why is this conspiracy theory gaining traction again? It seems to be two factors: First, Texas was hit with an absolutely devastating winter storm that brought snow to areas that almost never see snow. A lot of people in Texas are seeing snow for the first time in their lives and that naturally leads to a lot of questions.

Secondly, there’s the fact that Bill Gates has actually floated the idea of using weather control to battle climate change. The idea is to spray calcium carbonate into the atmosphere so that it can reflect some of the sun’s rays back and hopefully cool down the Earth, as Forbes explains. ...

Mike Cl

Just another reason to think out country is simply too stupid to live.