News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Conspiracy theories

Started by Mike Cl, February 05, 2021, 03:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

What is she doing or what does she think she is doing? I don't know what's the corret question.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 17, 2021, 10:27:37 AM
What is she doing or what does she think she is doing? I don't know what's the corret question.
That's a Qanon conspiracy believing, US congresswoman Greene grabbing a feel of her jesus.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on February 17, 2021, 10:11:04 AM
I wonder if the MGTOW thing is akin to conspiracies? A lot of them are way right of center. Have a nephew who went through that, but seems like he is over it now. They are a funny bunch. Saying stuff about women like this makes me chuckle, maybe because there is truth in it.
I had to look that up, I'm so far behind on acronyms and texting short cuts, that I can hardly understand a thing anyone says anymore.  I think it's the iPhone culture, and it will undoubtedly play an important part in the apocalypse.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on February 17, 2021, 10:11:04 AM
I wonder if the MGTOW thing is akin to conspiracies? A lot of them are way right of center. Have a nephew who went through that, but seems like he is over it now. They are a funny bunch. Saying stuff about women like this makes me chuckle, maybe because there is truth in it.

I think MGTOW is akin to conspiracy theory thinking and the online MGTOW things I have seen appear to have a cultish flavor. There are people who become fixated on a particular way of viewing the world. With MGTOW everything is about gender roles and perceived inequities of men related to women. I remember in graduate school one of my classmates was the victim of childhood sexual abuse and in almost every roleplay he would view the situation in terms of abuse, even on completely unrelated topics. People can get stuck in ways of thinking-- when you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 17, 2021, 04:23:25 PM
I think MGTOW is akin to conspiracy theory thinking and the online MGTOW things I have seen appear to have a cultish flavor. There are people who become fixated on a particular way of viewing the world. With MGTOW everything is about gender roles and perceived inequities of men related to women. I remember in graduate school one of my classmates was the victim of childhood sexual abuse and in almost every roleplay he would view the situation in terms of abuse, even on completely unrelated topics. People can get stuck in ways of thinking-- when you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

You hit it on the nail. They hate that saying by the way and keep projecting it. You were working in a field related psychology, right? I can't be sure. I think you should read manosphere in general and red pill self help culture. Because it is nowhere near explicit and exclusive as your example. I think it could be useful for you. It's very widely and deeply spread. The worst part is, I believe the damage is irreversible.

Before getting fixated to see the world in a particular way -be it gender or something else- with all these movements, these young men have one thing in common. It is overexposing the life they uspposedly desire to live via social media. So they are exactly doing the same thing with the young women of their age -who they supposedly 'hate' so much and define as the main reason. (and of course women can't go their own way. :lol: It doesn't count.)

Anyway, it's nothing but attention skeeing behaviour of a childlike individual. Largely, they are kids. That and ripping out alienated males of any age online for the mature ones. If it wasn't so sad, it would be even funny. When this has first become a thing, most of the guys who worked these young men in youtube were traditionally married with children kind of types. It's probably a whole new level now.

If you decide to go your own way, you go your own way and live your life. If you want to advertise it, if you can't stop talking and showing your life, if this becomes your existance in any medium, you are not going anywhere. You are just making money by inflicting emoitonal disstres in others. That's why I keep saying it is like heavy narc. When they start somewhere and get in to this, they keep searching for a bigger dose all the time. That's actually why they can't go their own way or any way.

It reminds me a bit of the men who build cabins in woods, go hunting and then make videos of hours and hours with themes like 'my journey to self-sufficiency'...Writing, narrating some stuff about 'their trials against nature' and 'a man's value', 'fighting against the new age...'  That's your journey to become some internet persona which is the center of new age civilisation. Obviously, I'm not talking about normal people who loves living outdoors. This is a specific, cringe worthy thing. When I first saw it I'd even liked it... then you register what's actually going on.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Read recently that QAnon is distraught over Biden using Air Force One. They seem to think that T.rump has the right to use it "until the election is settled", that being the magic date of March 4th. (Subject to change, of course.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Like batman and batmobile or ironman and his suit? I can't decide.

drunkenshoe

@Gawdzilla Sama Is there anything good on claims of experiments on American soliders during the Vietnam War? Anything beyond conspiracy theories.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 18, 2021, 07:03:26 AM
@Gawdzilla Sama Is there anything good on claims of experiments on American soliders during the Vietnam War? Anything beyond conspiracy theories.
The military is continuously experimenting, and getting volunteers for those experiments. One that comes to mind is extreme cold weather gear. Volunteers entered a chamber and the temperature was dropped to -40 (F and C at that point.) The guys wearing the new gear lasted longer than the ones in the current cold weather outfits.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 18, 2021, 07:41:30 AM
The military is continuously experimenting, and getting volunteers for those experiments. One that comes to mind is extreme cold weather gear. Volunteers entered a chamber and the temperature was dropped to -40 (F and C at that point.) The guys wearing the new gear lasted longer than the ones in the current cold weather outfits.

Oh yeah I see. What about that famous 'lsd' stuff, I mean heavy chemicals of that sort has any solid thing to do it?

Cassia

I heard that Q christians have been able to harvest "likes" from atheist forums and are able to convert them into the socks that go missing in the dryer. It takes 100 "likes" to print out a sock, so I will stop hitting the like button until I get notice from admins that we have defeated the enemy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 18, 2021, 08:07:59 AM
Oh yeah I see. What about that famous 'lsd' stuff, I mean heavy chemicals of that sort has any solid thing to do it?
Shoe, when I was in the Army on active duty in the late '60's and early 70's, I ended up as a Special Agent for Military Intelligence (yeah, yeah, I know....).  Anyway, I was on an interview team that interviewed LSD experimenters; each person who had taken it for the Army was interviewed every 5 years to monitor their reaction to the drug.  So, the US Army did experiment with the drug.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2021, 09:12:56 AM
Shoe, when I was in the Army on active duty in the late '60's and early 70's, I ended up as a Special Agent for Military Intelligence (yeah, yeah, I know....).  Anyway, I was on an interview team that interviewed LSD experimenters; each person who had taken it for the Army was interviewed every 5 years to monitor their reaction to the drug.  So, the US Army did experiment with the drug.

OK. Thanks.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on February 18, 2021, 08:50:37 AM
I heard that Q christians have been able to harvest "likes" from atheist forums and are able to convert them into the socks that go missing in the dryer. It takes 100 "likes" to print out a sock, so I will stop hitting the like button until I get notice from admins that we have defeated the enemy.

Hide the regular posters of the funny pic thread!