News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Relaxing hobby

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 10, 2021, 03:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 10, 2021, 05:31:37 PM
I want to make one for Solomon. I mean for his memory...Not sure how you say that in Eng.
The closest I can come is a "memorial" or a "remembrance."

aitm

I like gardening, but it’s heavily seasonal although there are plenty of veggies that can be pot grown inside during the winter. But that may not be enough energy to “relax” Depending on your neighborhood and interaction with them my older sister 68ish walks her elderly neighbors dogs every day. Win win win.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Thanks for a lot of great ideas, one and all.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

the_antithesis

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 11, 2021, 03:59:22 AM
NO. e: Are you still making those? :lol:

Not really. Although I am thinking of doing another one at some point. Just to have something to do.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

I've been knitting and crocheting for around 15 years now.  Once you hit your groove, it's very relaxing, and you get something out of it you can use or gift.

Of course, I knit things like Fourth Doctor scarves and plush Daleks and Cthulhus and DNA molecules, so it's weird and relaxing at the same time.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan