Gohmert, GOP Sue Pence for Right to Choose Which EC Votes Count

Started by Shiranu, December 28, 2020, 02:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Fascists gonna fascist.

Also, fun trivia; Rasmussen (and other MAGAts) have started quoting Stalin as an argument on why they should be able to overthrow the election.

https://www.kltv.com/2020/12/28/gohmert-sues-vp-pence-over-role-declaring-biden-winner-election/
TYLER, Texas (KLTV) - Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tyler) has filed a lawsuit against Vice President Mike Pence in the hopes of delivering the election to President Trump.     

Gohmert’s suit alleges that any action taken by Pence on Jan. 6 to formally declare Joe Biden the winner of the 2020 presidential election will be fraudulent. The suit states “This civil action seeks an expedited declaratory judgment finding that the elector dispute resolution provisions in Section 15 of the Electoral Count Act, 3 U.S.C. §§ 5 and 15, are unconstitutional because these provisions violate the Electors Clause and the Twelfth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.”

More specifically, Gohmert’s suit objects to the counting of the Arizona slate of electors voting for Biden and to the Biden slates from the remaining Contested States. It states that when Congress convenes on January 6 to count the electoral votes and declare President-Elect Biden as the winner, Gohmert will formally object to the count which, the lawsuit states, is a privilege he is entitled to “under the Twelve Amendment” (sic). Further, Gohmert is also asking Judge Jeremy Kernodle, a President Donald Trump-appointed district judge in Tyler, to find that Pence is authorized to pick pro-Trump electors on January 6.
Don't like the vote? Just throw them out and replace them with people who support you. Nothing is more American than that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

Right after Biden won the election, my husband told me, "You won't see conservatives crying and taking to the streets like liberals did when Trump won."

Baruch

The genocide may yet come.  Either the communists will kill all the capitalists, or vice versa.  If I were Pence, I would seize power.  The lives of the Elite would mean nothing to me.  The lives of the people, even less.

The GOP have been traitors since the 1850s, and under other names before that.  The Dems have been traitors going back to President Jackson and before.  Americans are born traitors, criminals all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 28, 2020, 02:28:28 PM
Right after Biden won the election, my husband told me, "You won't see conservatives crying and taking to the streets like liberals did when Trump won."

Your husband looks a bit young...

Cassia

I read a book called When Prophecy Fails: A Social and Psychological Study of a Modern Group That Predicted the Destruction of the World is a classic work of social psychology by Leon Festinger. Festinger stated that five conditions must be present if someone is to become a more fervent believer after a failure or disconfirmation:

This study probably applies to these "religious" Trumpers. Wiki provides the summary...

A belief must be held with deep conviction and it must have some relevance to action, that is, to what the believer does or how he or she behaves.

The person holding the belief must have committed himself to it; that is, for the sake of his belief, he must have taken some important action that is difficult to undo. In general, the more important such actions are, and the more difficult they are to undo, the greater is the individual's commitment to the belief.

The belief must be sufficiently specific and sufficiently concerned with the real world so that events may unequivocally refute the belief. Such undeniable disconfirmatory evidence must occur and must be recognized by the individual holding the belief.

The individual believer must have social support. It is unlikely that one isolated believer could withstand the kind of disconfirming evidence that has been specified. If, however, the believer is a member of a group of convinced persons who can support one another, the belief may be maintained and the believers may attempt to proselytize or persuade nonmembers that the belief is correct.

Baruch

Three words, all the same ...

Entropy = individuals "progress" until they are dead
Entropy = societies "progress" until they are history
Entropy = species "progress" until they are extinct

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - General Patton\

People were buying and selling and farming and getting married every day, until it stopped.  Nineveh was never rebuilt.

Y'all may have less than one month to live ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on December 28, 2020, 04:00:18 PM
I read a book called When Prophecy Fails: A Social and Psychological Study of a Modern Group That Predicted the Destruction of the World is a classic work of social psychology by Leon Festinger. Festinger stated that five conditions must be present if someone is to become a more fervent believer after a failure or disconfirmation:

This study probably applies to these "religious" Trumpers. Wiki provides the summary...

A belief must be held with deep conviction and it must have some relevance to action, that is, to what the believer does or how he or she behaves.

The person holding the belief must have committed himself to it; that is, for the sake of his belief, he must have taken some important action that is difficult to undo. In general, the more important such actions are, and the more difficult they are to undo, the greater is the individual's commitment to the belief.

The belief must be sufficiently specific and sufficiently concerned with the real world so that events may unequivocally refute the belief. Such undeniable disconfirmatory evidence must occur and must be recognized by the individual holding the belief.

The individual believer must have social support. It is unlikely that one isolated believer could withstand the kind of disconfirming evidence that has been specified. If, however, the believer is a member of a group of convinced persons who can support one another, the belief may be maintained and the believers may attempt to proselytize or persuade nonmembers that the belief is correct.
Seems to me the internet is a huge aid to those with weird (but strongly held) beliefs to find others with similar beliefs.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 28, 2020, 04:10:57 PM
Seems to me the internet is a huge aid to those with weird (but strongly held) beliefs to find others with similar beliefs.

Exactly what ABC, NBC, CBS would have said in 1965-1975 while propagating government lies about Vietnam.  LBJ was a lying tyrannical murderous bastard.  But of course none of us woke folk would do what he did ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 28, 2020, 04:10:57 PM

I've been thinking about that lately, how the previously scattered and isolated wingnuts can now, through the internet, find like-minded wingnuts and boost each other's wingnuttery and feel fully vindicated by the hordes of alternative facts they can generate together.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 28, 2020, 05:51:14 PM
I've been thinking about that lately, how the previously scattered and isolated wingnuts can now, through the internet, find like-minded wingnuts and boost each other's wingnuttery and feel fully vindicated by the hordes of alternative facts they can generate together.
For some silly reason, I used to think that the internet would do away with most of these type of thinkers.  But it seems to have turned out to be the opposite.  Sane thinking seems to have taken a huge hit!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

It also allows skeptics to link up and spread fact-checking.  The internet can both exacerbate and fight off alternative thinking.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 28, 2020, 02:28:28 PM

This is a far cry from burning down major sections of cities.

Liberals riot in the streets, conservatives riot in the voting booth.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 28, 2020, 07:39:58 PM
This is a far cry from burning down major sections of cities.

Liberals riot in the streets, conservatives riot in the voting booth.
You have an endless supply of bullshit don't you.  You and Baruch simply make shit up and expect others to lap it up.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 28, 2020, 06:28:22 PM
It also allows skeptics to link up and spread fact-checking.  The internet can both exacerbate and fight off alternative thinking.
I agree with that.  I just really underestimated the power of crazies linking together on the internet.

CrowTRobot

Never underestimate the power of the crazies.  My nursing friends have colleagues who are medical professionals and loudly denounce wearing masks, socially distancing, and even the seriousness of COVID.
Captain Renault : What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick : My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Captain Renault : The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick : I was misinformed.