News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nashville bombing

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, December 26, 2020, 01:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

AP News Story for reference

At this point very little is known.  They don't even have a suspect yet, and don't know if it is foreign or domestic yet.  If domestic, it isn't known if the motivation is personal or political.  If political, they don't know if it is left or right.

What is known is that this was a very precise attack.  It took down emergency services and card payment services in many places around the country.  I deduce that whoever did this knew what they were doing.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Sad of course.  Who is who, and why did they do it?  We may never know, since with secret agents and double agents and agents provocateurs .. it could have been anyone, pretending to be anyone else.  Of course, per the election and the inauguration, it is anticipated by many that there will be a new false flag to distract the plebs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

They have a suspect, they've pretty much emptied his apartment. Pictures of the RV parked outside the building, etc. Leaning toward protest suicide bombing.

Nobody will beat that Buddhist monk that set himself on fire back in the day. 
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

A suicide bombing in the United States of America? Right now, of all times.

Has there ever been a suicide bombing the US before? How many bombings happened in the States in the last 20 years?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

What do you mean by 'and?' I don't get it.

It's not a shooting, it is a bombing; a suicide bombing no less. In the US. You don't get bombings in the US. Esp. not suicide bombings. In a caricaturised expression, 'it is not allowed'.

Shootings are different, because guns are different. It's very profitable and also beneficial from various points of view. It's deep in the culture, history...etc. It's even needed and practical. Most of your country is uninhabited open space. In short, you kids are allowed to play with your guns all around, daddy doesn't care about it.

Bombings are not any of the above. Nobody is allowed to play with bombs. Bombing is a direct, open attack -doesn't matter where it comes from- on American soil from American military point of view and that is one thing that will be prevented at any costs. That's the foundation of the power of US fed state has on its people. Preventing any kind of direct attack; in this case bombing, is the best thing they can do because 'only' they can do, which they have done for the last 40 years or so. (9/11 is not a bombing.) Which is a power akin to sending drones around the world to eliminate targets. In short, you don't lose that power, don't let anyone breach it, because you can't. Otherwise, it would change everything. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 26, 2020, 01:23:47 PM
... I deduce that whoever did this knew what they were doing. ...

A bit too much, honestly.

SGOS

While it's not a competition, the US has it's own bombers, but there is no single agenda at work.  Even my piddly ass state of Montana was home to the infamous Unibomber, although I think he was an implant from somewhere else.

drunkenshoe

Yeah... unabomber. There was another piece of shit, what's his face? He bombed a whole building in late 80s? Not sure. Yeah, sure they are bombings, but they belong to another world, no?

It's a sort of competition actually, lol. It's about providing security to your civilians. Do you know any other country in the first 20 that didn't get any bombing in the last 30-40 years, esp. a one poking in everyhwere? I don't know, if there is. I.e. Iceland doesn't count. :pp

But my point was about the very act of violence as 'bombing'. I don't know, I think there is a central logic in there and I find it genius.

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 27, 2020, 08:46:31 AM
Yeah... unabomber. There was another piece of shit, what's his face? He bombed a whole building in late 80s? Not sure.
The unabomber mostly sent small bombs to surgically kill specific people.  He started bombing in 1978, but was not caught until 1995.  In 1995, a different bomber, Timothy McVeigh, bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City, and killed 168 people including children.  See below:

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 27, 2020, 08:15:53 AM
What do you mean by 'and?' I don't get it.
I was hoping for a point to your post.
PZ Myers

aitm

We can hope this is just a loner. But pretty good target for a loner to plan. Could be the start of the whack jobs. Bright spot if they all are suicide.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 27, 2020, 06:53:18 AM
They have a suspect, they've pretty much emptied his apartment. Pictures of the RV parked outside the building, etc. Leaning toward protest suicide bombing.

Nobody will beat that Buddhist monk that set himself on fire back in the day.

Wish every Boomer had done the same ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 27, 2020, 08:33:41 AM
While it's not a competition, the US has it's own bombers, but there is no single agenda at work.  Even my piddly ass state of Montana was home to the infamous Unibomber, although I think he was an implant from somewhere else.

Frequently the bombers are known to both the FBI and KGB (see Boston Marathon suspects).  The FBI frequently "encourages" crime as a tool of entrapment.  Sometimes the "entrapees" go to far before they are arrested for conspiracy to commit the crime.  Are you people completely oblivious to the history of the last 60 years?  Oh, y'all accept the Narrative, like it is a homily from a Catholic priest?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on December 27, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
We can hope this is just a loner. But pretty good target for a loner to plan. Could be the start of the whack jobs. Bright spot if they all are suicide.

Copycats?  Just check Kinko's (copy place) for suspects ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.