News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Howdy

Started by CrowTRobot, December 20, 2020, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 21, 2020, 10:41:01 AM
You assume these parents don't beat their children every chance they get... I've seen Christian parents complain about spanking their kid three times a day, and getting no results. It takes every drop of restraint to avoid telling them, "Maybe you should try a different strategy then, hmm??????"
With one exception, I never spanked my daughter.  I made it a point not to use fear or threats to get her to do what I thought was best for her. (One time I did use fear--don't ride your bike on the street--and I caught her doing so and gave he a big wack on the butt--but the fear was mine, I think)  I made it plain, though, what actions I thought appropriate and what not.  And I laid out the natural consequences of each.  It was then a question of what she chose to do. I followed thru every time--which was hard at times.  But being consistent was a huge thing for me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

I certainly didn't want to disappoint cheezus by being naughty. After all, poor guy got nailed to a cross just for me. I had to stare at that in true life-size six days a week. Guilt trip much?

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on December 21, 2020, 08:40:21 AM
Quitting  smoking was easier.

Quitting smoking is a lot harder when everyone around you is smoking, and quitting religion is a lot harder when everyone around you is pious and wearing Jesus (or whatever) on their sleeve.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cassia on December 21, 2020, 08:59:56 AM
I always wonder how important religion is to easing the parental burden. Once a child has fear of a supernatural entity that can torch you over and over for eternity, the parent has a 'Trump' card, so to speak. LOL.

When children are very small they have Santa Claus to keep them in line, but once they outgrow that lie they're given another, more persistent lie to keep them from being naughty. Doesn't always work, though...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 21, 2020, 04:12:03 PM
When children are very small they have Santa Claus to keep them in line, but once they outgrow that lie they're given another, more persistent lie to keep them from being naughty. Doesn't always work, though...

Government enabling is Santa?  Or government discipline is Evil Santa (Futurama) ... basically Dems vs Reps.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.