Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Not a political crisis?????

Started by Mike Cl, December 19, 2020, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote...so I'll leave...

Aight, catch you later homie.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

bob nelson

Quote from: aitm on January 10, 2021, 08:56:09 PM

I didn't tell you to go kill yourself. Due to your misery and obviously being easily manipulated by fake news you simply saw it as the best option
Well what else would those words mean then? Why does it instantly get personal with you "libtards?" How's the view from your moral high ground, getting dizzy yet? I'd like to know(not really), how do you become a STAFF MEMBER on an atheist's forum when you're dumb enough to hear the words that tell you what their intentions are, but not understand their meanings? Making everything personal and not letting ANY ideas that don't match up with yours go un-challenged is the reason that threads like this, or anything else political just drives people away from this forum. You recently banned some guy named BARUCH if I remember correctly. I went back and read some of his last posts. He was a little unhinged in his last few responses. But in my opinion, and looking at it from a conservative point of view, a lot of your responses are as unhinged and hateful as his were.  I guess that what I've heard about most atheists being democrats /liberals is true.

Shiranu

Quote from: bob nelson on January 11, 2021, 04:57:06 PM
Well what else would those words mean then? Why does it instantly get personal with you "libtards?" How's the view from your moral high ground, getting dizzy yet? I'd like to know(not really), how do you become a STAFF MEMBER on an atheist's forum when you're dumb enough to hear the words that tell you what their intentions are, but not understand their meanings? Making everything personal and not letting ANY ideas that don't match up with yours go un-challenged is the reason that threads like this, or anything else political just drives people away from this forum. You recently banned some guy named BARUCH if I remember correctly. I went back and read some of his last posts. He was a little unhinged in his last few responses. But in my opinion, and looking at it from a conservative point of view, a lot of your responses are as unhinged and hateful as his were.  I guess that what I've heard about most atheists being democrats /liberals is true.
Bye.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: bob nelson on January 11, 2021, 03:59:55 PM
Says the clown with a cartoon for an avatar. Grow up and ask your mom for your balls back.

There he goes again. The avatar is the main source of credibility? And you call me the clown? lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: bob nelson on January 11, 2021, 03:57:55 PM
I don't come onto this ATHEIST website to talk politics,

Then why did you? There are plenty of other sub forums with different topics to discuss, and yet you chose to limit yourself to politics. If you'd rather discuss topics you're actually knowledgeable of, or are less controversial so as to avoid having your fragile ego offended, feel free.
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 11, 2021, 05:21:56 PM
Then why did you? There are plenty of other sub forums with different topics to discuss, and yet you chose to limit yourself to politics. If you'd rather discuss topics you're actually knowledgeable of, or are less controversial so as to avoid having your fragile ego offended, feel free.

He unfortunately won't be able to respond, after saying he was leaving and yet sticking around just to continue and flame I figured that was a good point to nip that one in the bud.

Blackleaf

Ah. I mean, really. How's he gonna act like we're the ones making things personal, when he dismisses people based on their fucking avatars? I remember I mocked him for this, saying that I didn't know how seriously to take him, since he didn't have an avatar to judge him on. That joke just went right over his head, and he took that comment completely seriously. lol
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

That chew toy had a foul taste anyway.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure if he was saying that he was leaving the forum. His wording was pretty vague there.
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 11, 2021, 05:49:19 PM
To be fair, I'm not entirely sure if he was saying that he was leaving the forum. His wording was pretty vague there.
Yeah, he meant he was leaving the forum. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

I do sense a strengthening of unity amongst liberal minded people everywhere. Nothing like a death star to do that. Only if we can get them to give up on sky-daddy.

Unbeliever

Just heard about a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel at the Capitol who was identified by his ex-wife. I guess he should have payed her more alimony...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 11, 2021, 06:32:38 PM
Yeah, he meant he was leaving the forum. :)

I don't know... Weren't we just saying how we DIDN'T want to build an echo chamber?
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 11, 2021, 07:41:58 PM
I don't know... Weren't we just saying how we DIDN'T want to build an echo chamber?

If yall legitimately believe he had even the remotest intention of actually debating anything instead of just flaming then I will bump it down to a suspension rather than a ban and give him a second chance.Edit: I have modified it to be a suspension since I didn't offer any warning. However any future violations will be a full ban.I didn't take action because of the political position of what he said, otherwise there would be several other posters I would have gotten rid of a long while ago, but rather because he did clearly violate our 5th rule multiple times.

And I don't believe posters like him would prevent this forum from becoming an echo chamber since he seemed to lack an actual position, just anger and insults.

Shiranu

I also love that I cant get the sentences to have spaces between them. Please ignore the paragraph that is way too long lol.