News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Not a political crisis?????

Started by Mike Cl, December 19, 2020, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

There is no crisis. Trump is no threat to democracy in Arizona or America.
That's the headline.  USA Today carried it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-crisis-trump-no-threat-110106147.html

The author says:  "Richard Nixon’s low-level minions were afraid to talk to the Washington Post’s B-team in those early days of the Watergate burglary. Eventually Watergate would shake the pillars of government.

Today the populist president Donald Trump works to invalidate an election he lost, and there is no national anxiety. You do not smell the fear.

The only thing one smells is a faltering president who doesn’t know he's gone rancid on the vine.

Democracy is not on the brink. There is no great threat to the Republic. And but for the hysteria of a few tremulous writers, there is no crisis.

The country is walking calmly to Jan. 20 when it will inaugurate Joe Biden as the 46th president of the United States.

America has once again undergone a stress test and held firm."

I would love to agree, but I'm not sure I do.  But am I being too alarmist in my thoughts?  I know I will rest more comfortably after Jan. 20.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Bob Woodward, of Watergate fame, was and remains a CIA agent.  Deep Throat was self admitted to be the Deputy Head of the FBI.  Same Deep State who killed Jack, Bobby and Martin.  Washington Post today is owned by a man who made his money shipping shit from China and selling it on-line.  Follow the money, and the power, and the evil.  Nixon didn't do anything wrong, by the standards of the time.  His big mistake was trusting Henry Kissinger and opening the world to Communist China.

"Let China Sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Best explanation I ever heard for Watergate, is that Richard Nixon had promised CIA George H W Bush the VP slot but gave it to Spiro T Agnew.  Then they stitched up Agnew, but then Nixon chose Gerald Ford, not Bush.  And Ford chose Nelson Rockefeller as his VP.  LBJ, Nixon, Ford and Bush are all connected to Dallas, Nov 22 1963.  Then Nixon said he had taken enough crap from the Deep State, was going to admit what happened to Jack.  That is when Watergate became important.  Spying on the opposite party using criminal means was and remains standard ops.

So it is a crisis if the Dems don't like it, but it isn't if the Reps don't like it (not counting Never Trumpers who are closet Dems)?  Jimmy Carter was a Trilteralist aka partner with David Rockefeller and the opening of the oligarchy to Asia.  So he was acceptable to the Deep State, even more than Ford.  The US voter has been played for many decades, going back to the election of 1800 (sex scandal, Jefferson is misegenating with his slaves).  Why do Dems have so many sex scandals?  MSM going back to newspapers in Jefferson's day, are for low information citizens and to spread official propaganda.

“Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.” â€" V for Vendetta
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

I think the election supervisors and Governors of both parties held true as well as the courts. Republican legislators caved and will be recorded by history as a bunch of anti-democracy wussies, lol.

Baruch

I am anti-democracy.  I admire Joseph Stalin.  Stalin was not a woos ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

QuoteUSA Today
There is no crisis. Trump is no threat to democracy in Arizona or America.
Today the populist president Donald Trump works to invalidate an election he lost, and there is no national anxiety.
One writer doesn't sense any national anxiety, so all this shit around me must not be real.

QuoteUSA Today
The only thing one smells is a faltering president who doesn’t know he's gone rancid on the vine.
I'd be relieved if the only smell was a faltering president.  Almost half of our congress was behind him, along with half the country.  This is like a train wreck, where some dumb ass official says, "Move along everyone.  There's nothing to see here."

QuoteUSA Today
Democracy is not on the brink. There is no great threat to the Republic. And but for the hysteria of a few tremulous writers, there is no crisis.
Many observers in pre Nazi Germany had the very same opinion, and the tremulous writers ended up in concentration camps.

USA Today
The country is walking calmly to Jan. 20 when it will inaugurate Joe Biden as the 46th president of the United States.
America has once again undergone a stress test and held firm."
One man's stress test in another man's attempt to overthrow democracy.  Move along people.  Nothing to see here.

Mr.Obvious

I have no doubt that Trump will be out of the white house come jan 20th.
If that is your definition of a political crisis, then no, no crisis.
But a crisis in democracy and politics runs deeper than that.

If you don't see a problem in the massive backlash to the election results and asskissing-pandering to the current president that followed, and the fact that the 'leader of the free world' has chosen to spread disinformation and places his ego before the wellbeing of his country... And that there are still +70 million Americans that would have rather had him as their leader for four more year... If all of that doesn't register as a threat to democracy in and by itself, you are a fool.
The threat lies not in the immeadate overturning of the democratic system and it's protections put in place. It lies in the poisoning of the well of democracy. The cancer shan't kill you today. But a year from now?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

That editorial is the news equivalent of almost dying in a car accident and then saying that you only had a few bruises and were never truly in danger.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 19, 2020, 12:13:01 PM
That editorial is the news equivalent of almost dying in a car accident and then saying that you only had a few bruises and were never truly in danger.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 19, 2020, 12:13:01 PM

Slaves of the Dark State, once aroused, have to be calmed down now that the Dark State has reestablished their control.  If you accepted total lies before the election, from the MSM, why not accept total lies after the election?

Wait until Biden demands ... "Bring me a shrubbery!"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on December 19, 2020, 12:06:41 PM
One writer doesn't sense any national anxiety, so all this shit around me must not be real.
I'd be relieved if the only smell was a faltering president.  Almost half of our congress was behind him, along with half the country.  This is like a train wreck, where some dumb ass official says, "Move along everyone.  There's nothing to see here."
Many observers in pre Nazi Germany had the very same opinion, and the tremulous writers ended up in concentration camps.
One man's stress test in another man's attempt to overthrow democracy.  Move along people.  Nothing to see here.
That's what I think, for the most part.  I read the article and had a momentary pause.  I also think that trump is not the cause of all of this but the symptom.  Therefore, we are, as a country, in a world of hurt! Lots and lots of work to do.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 19, 2020, 01:38:21 PM
I also think that trump is not the cause of all of this but the symptom.  Therefore, we are, as a country, in a world of hurt! Lots and lots of work to do.
Yes, it's as if the writer thinks that with Trump gone, everything goes back to normal.  The problem is that "normal" for the last 40 years is a steady decay of democracy.  A healthy democracy doesn't want that kind of normal.  Trump just showed up at an opportune time.  But he does not get a pass.  He took a bad situation and fed it back on itself to advance his own dictatorial power grab, while setting the bar lower for the next anarchist who is offended by the democratic process.

Cassia

Quote from: SGOS on December 19, 2020, 01:53:39 PM
Yes, it's as if the writer thinks that with Trump gone, everything goes back to normal. The problem is that "normal" for the last 40 years is a steady decay of democracy.  A healthy democracy doesn't want that kind of normal.  Trump just showed up at an opportune time.  But he does not get a pass.  He took a bad situation and fed it back on itself to advance his own dictatorial power grab, while setting the bar lower for the next anarchist who is offended by the democratic process.
I agree with that. We have been steadily handing power to our corporations and super rich who use their wealth in every political way possible to gain more. It's kind of a national moral decay, praise cheezus who delivers prosperity!

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on December 19, 2020, 01:53:39 PM
Yes, it's as if the writer thinks that with Trump gone, everything goes back to normal.  The problem is that "normal" for the last 40 years is a steady decay of democracy.  A healthy democracy doesn't want that kind of normal.  Trump just showed up at an opportune time.  But he does not get a pass.  He took a bad situation and fed it back on itself to advance his own dictatorial power grab, while setting the bar lower for the next anarchist who is offended by the democratic process.
The only pass trump deserves is a legal pass into prison! 

Unbeliever

I agree Mike, but I doubt he or his progeny will ever wear the orange outfit behind bars. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman