News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Not a political crisis?????

Started by Mike Cl, December 19, 2020, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: bob nelson on January 10, 2021, 04:28:44 PMWell, it looks like the fucking democrats are going to get away with it
Get away with being fairly elected by a pretty significant margin?  As opposed to what, crying like a loser for weeks and then trying to "find the votes" and then trying to stage a coup?  Who's getting away with what here?

QuoteP.S. Mike Pence and all the other "republicans" are cowards and traitors, fuck all of them.
I mean, you're half right...

Edit - What could Pence do that would make him okay in your eyes?  I'm legitimately curious.  I promise, I won't argue with your answer or make fun of you for it.

Shiranu

Let's be honest... Republicans voted for a man who eats chain pizza (as a NYC native) with a fucking knife and fork.

Expecting anything from them is a mistake at this point, and to address the topic... forget all the political bullshit, just the fact that a man as previously detailed above runs the United States should qualify at the very least as a cultural and moral crisis of the American people.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 10, 2021, 11:46:21 PM
I mean, you're half right...

Quote from: Shiranu on January 11, 2021, 01:00:18 AM
Let's be honest... Republicans voted for a man who eats chain pizza (as a NYC native) with a fucking knife and fork.

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 10, 2021, 11:43:26 PM
We're all probably have mandatory gay marriage, too.  Dibs on Paul Rudd.

:rrotflmao: This thread is improving.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

There are two possible outcomes in a coup.  It either works or fails.  In other countries, there are dire consequences in either case.  Here it looks like the losers get a slap on the hand, while jail time is a long shot, because that is how our system works.  What would have happened if the coup had worked?  I'm not asking this in order to sound ominous.  The coup would have destroyed the foundation of the system.  Would the other parts of the constitution remain in tact?

Did Trump have a long term goal?  What were his plans after he decreed himself president?  Or was this just meant to be a constitutional face lift done by a small band of rebels?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on January 11, 2021, 08:07:50 AM
... Here it looks like the losers get a slap on the hand, while jail time is a long shot, because that is how our system works. ...

Interestingly enough, all that's probably the reason why the word 'larping' was started to be used too often by the far right. I just registered, it's not a coincidence he used that word up there. I have seen that more than several times before...that word used in this context from the same point of view?

These people are the champions of projection, exactly because of that. Between all that hard compartmentalization; senseless brainwashing and heat applied...it surfaces itself, because there is no way out; no change. Because there is no actual connection of any of that bullshit they're being fed to their real life. Nothing changes in their life. For other groups there have been many changes good or bad... good, forward...what has changed for the white right wingers and the religious in the last 50 years or more since the USA has become America?

Their leaders do not care about any of the consequences, because none of them would get affected in any case, so that's actually how they see themselves too. The delusion. There is a republican senator profile, isn't there? Is my impression wrong? Are Democrats that homogenic in this context? They are probably far more diverse. So yeah, that's the entitlement and where the larping comes from. Also the underestimation at their part.

However, if he has a long term plan, a lot of things should already be at stake right now, otherwise it is a crazy conspiracy fantasy. Because there must be a trail by now. It's not like they can kill Kennedy and ML King together twice. So if there is a big picture -lol I know- beyond all this, it can't be limited by a domestic scale. I don't mean a foriegn interference, the opposite. A paradigm shift in the US policies regarding the world. And all I can think is 'land and alternative energy sources'...nothing mysterious. What will happen to republican core and their voters when the life style dramatically changes in the next decades? Because it will.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 11, 2021, 11:12:03 AM
There is a republican senator profile, isn't there? Is my impression wrong? Are Democrats that homogenic in this context? They are probably far more diverse. So yeah, that's the entitlement and where the larping comes from. Also the underestimation at their part.
Republican representatives are a very tight knit group.  They vote as a block.  Democrats usually do too but not nearly as tight, because they represent a much more diverse group.  Republicans serve a large block with very singular interests, which is why it is easy for them to fall in line, and why they can deliver so much more to their constituents.  Democrats are in a position of trying to herd cats.  I think Democrats actually represent a much larger group, but such a diverse group that they are afraid that whatever they do will anger some of the cats. As a result, their accomplishments are rather feeble, whether it be environmental protection, healthcare, or mobilizing a highly effective response to a pandemic.

Unbeliever

The new administration might even legalize pot! Run for the hills!

🤪
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on January 11, 2021, 01:09:36 PM
Republican representatives are a very tight knit group.  They vote as a block.  Democrats usually do too but not nearly as tight, because they represent a much more diverse group.  Republicans serve a large block with very singular interests, which is why it is easy for them to fall in line, and why they can deliver so much more to their constituents.  Democrats are in a position of trying to herd cats.  I think Democrats actually represent a much larger group, but such a diverse group that they are afraid that whatever they do will anger some of the cats. As a result, their accomplishments are rather feeble, whether it be environmental protection, healthcare, or mobilizing a highly effective response to a pandemic.

Saw a friend on Facebook talking about how Democrats demonize everybody, even other Democrats because they're so easily offended! I was like, first of all, Republicans literally say that Democrats serve the devil. You don't get more demonizing than that. And yeah. Republicans are much more united in their goals. They want to ban abortion, increase military support, support "religious freedoms," etc. Democrats serve a lot of different groups with different priorities. Some might focus on climate change, others on LGBTQ+ rights, or gun controls. We don't all agree with each other, nor do we have our priorities in the same order. What might be seen as a necessary step to one might be seen as too extreme by another. That's how we get a milquetoast Democrat like Biden elected, because he's the least threatening and doesn't have a particular strong stance on anything.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

bob nelson

Quote from: Shiranu on January 10, 2021, 11:26:37 PM
You willing to put money on that?
Sure, but it will be your money, not mine.

bob nelson

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 10, 2021, 08:31:52 PM
I'm getting tired of hearing right-wingers spewing Russian propaganda. It's the result of a sophisticated psy-ops campaign that's been the most successful in history.
RUSSIA,RUSSIA RUSSIA!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: bob nelson on January 11, 2021, 03:34:55 PM
RUSSIA,RUSSIA RUSSIA!
Quote from: bob nelson on January 11, 2021, 03:33:48 PM
Sure, but it will be your money, not mine.

It's nothing of/on you. You are the retarded kid.

bob nelson

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 10, 2021, 08:37:57 PM
You are too fucking stupid to talk to.
Who's the retarded "libtard" spewing on this forum? It's not me, I didn't start this thread, someone else did. I don't come onto this ATHEIST website to talk politics, but when I saw the thread about the lack of a REAL political crisis with question marks and exclamation points, I just had to check it out. You have made being liberal into a religion. How else would you explain the instant hatred for anyone that thinks differently than you? It becomes personal and it stays that way. Apparently you haven't been listening to your own "heros" on the left, people like BLM and antifa(fucking retards), they want to erase our history and give everything away for free. Well, that only works until you run out of other people's money. Then what? There are no honest politicans any where in this country, they are all cowards and/or traitors. This country is NOT going to get better, just listen to what the communists are saying. I hope you are a gun owner, because you just might have to use it in "your" future. I'm done with politics, I have too many other issues to deal with, so I'll leave you fucking retards(remember,you made it personal first) to bask in the glow of the most corrupt election in U.S. history. You got what you wished for, now you have to live with it.

bob nelson

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 10, 2021, 08:53:24 PM
I've had him on ignore for months. I suggest you do the same.
Says the clown with a cartoon for an avatar. Grow up and ask your mom for your balls back.

Mike Cl

Quote from: bob nelson on January 11, 2021, 03:57:55 PM
so I'll leave
Don't let the door hit you in the hea......err, butt on the way out.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

“Erase our history” i.e.....tell the real history instead of the one where the white man saves all the other flavors from themselves.....sure.....sure
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust