News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Catholic Church "Miracles"

Started by Paolo, December 07, 2020, 12:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: Baruch on January 05, 2021, 10:50:28 AM
That is what the Pharisees said.  Nothing new under the Sun, not even 21st century Pharisees.

The word is "sign" .. which has nothing to do with Enlightenment-tards straw man arguments.

Well, it's not exactly healing cripples, now is it? They exhumed a body and found part of it was not what they had expected and that's called a miracle. Better question is why did you expect something else. Dead bodies tend to do weird things as they break down. Back in the day, this would have been taken as a sign of witchcraft or vampirism on the part of the deceased and they'd burn it.

All of this is besides the point in that it makes me very glad to not be a catholic. Because if I was and made a mistake in being an important catholic, they'd cut up my body and display it in little glass cases. It's a ghoulish practice and they should be very ashamed of their religion because of it. More ashamed of this than all the pedophilia and the subsequent cover ups.

Baruch

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 05, 2021, 11:03:20 AM
Well, it's not exactly healing cripples, now is it? They exhumed a body and found part of it was not what they had expected and that's called a miracle. Better question is why did you expect something else. Dead bodies tend to do weird things as they break down. Back in the day, this would have been taken as a sign of witchcraft or vampirism on the part of the deceased and they'd burn it.

All of this is besides the point in that it makes me very glad to not be a catholic. Because if I was and made a mistake in being an important catholic, they'd cut up my body and display it in little glass cases. It's a ghoulish practice and they should be very ashamed of their religion because of it. More ashamed of this than all the pedophilia and the subsequent cover ups.

Humans are evil.  Look in the mirror before you look down upon others ;-)  Not science, just straw men, like I said.  If someone used a shotgun to hunt fish instead of birds, would you say he was a bit eccentric?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Baruch on January 05, 2021, 11:05:34 AM
Humans are evil.  Look in the mirror before you look down upon others ;-)  Not science, just straw men, like I said.  If someone used a shotgun to hunt fish instead of birds, would you say he was a bit eccentric?

What are you babbling about?

Who is this guy? I don't remember him from when I was posting more regularly but for some reason the forum is mostly him. Probably because he has less to do with his time, which is depressing considering how little I have to fill my time and he must have considerably less.

Baruch

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 05, 2021, 11:19:15 AM
What are you babbling about?

Who is this guy? I don't remember him from when I was posting more regularly but for some reason the forum is mostly him. Probably because he has less to do with his time, which is depressing considering how little I have to fill my time and he must have considerably less.

Ad hominem?  How intellectual!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Baruch on January 05, 2021, 11:43:35 AM
Ad hominem?  How intellectual!

Son, I first started coming to this forum twelve years ago or so. If you're looking for intelligent discussion, you're in the wrong place. Mostly we're just bored and will get a cathartic release dumping on the theist who thought preaching to a bunch of atheists was a good idea.

Looking for intelligent discussion here is kind of like looking for a wife in a titty bar. It could happen, but that's not why people go into that establishment.

Baruch

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 05, 2021, 11:51:33 AM
Son, I first started coming to this forum twelve years ago or so. If you're looking for intelligent discussion, you're in the wrong place. Mostly we're just bored and will get a cathartic release dumping on the theist who thought preaching to a bunch of atheists was a good idea.

Looking for intelligent discussion here is kind of like looking for a wife in a titty bar. It could happen, but that's not why people go into that establishment.

Can't afford regular counseling?  Seriously, anyone who posts on the Internet are ... patients at an asylum.

OK to dismiss stupid people, theist or atheist.  We are all stable geniuses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Paolo

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 05, 2021, 11:51:33 AM

This is sad. I would expect more from the go-to Secular Web discussion board.
Oh noes...I think I’m dead....

Baruch

Quote from: Paolo on January 05, 2021, 07:29:07 PM

There are people who post once a year, and think they are Boss ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

And there are people who spew crap multiple times every day and think they're Hoss.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

the_antithesis

You came here asking about a horcrux, buddy. You get what you deserve.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 05, 2021, 09:41:41 PM
And there are people who spew crap multiple times every day and think they're Hoss.

Better horse's front than horse's behind - Confucius Institute
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Paolo

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 06, 2021, 01:00:16 AM
You came here asking about a horcrux, buddy. You get what you deserve.

I am not getting the joke, aside from the *obvious* Harry Potter reference.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Paolo on January 08, 2021, 02:55:50 AM
I am not getting the joke, aside from the *obvious* Harry Potter reference.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Paolo

aitm

Quote from: Paolo on January 08, 2021, 05:51:09 AM
EXPLAIN IT BETTER.
You offer nothing new. Nothing. And you act like your presenting some type of “hidden treasure of knowledge” when in fact your simply gushing over the same nonsense we have heard all our lives. And you want us to spend time arguing against stupidity? No. Instead you will get ridicule, jokes (albeit some bad ones) and derision. That’s your issue, not ours. You want someone to listen to your gibberish? Go to one of the thousands of sites where ignorance and stupidity is hailed as intelligence.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust