News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Catholic Church "Miracles"

Started by Paolo, December 07, 2020, 12:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Paolo on December 26, 2020, 01:56:43 AM
What sort of demented reading you employed to *conclude* that I even have any *faith* to begin with?
I had the same question, because you seem to be purposely vague.  Even when given a direct question, you avoid giving a direct answer, like just now. Most people can't read minds, so when you side step and avoid, people can only wonder what your agenda is.  Are you a poser?  Is your objective to become an enigma or a man of mystery?  These are all reasonable questions when you avoid communicating directly.  When asked questions seeking information, instead of giving it, you react with a haughty arrogance when we just want to know you.  If you don't want to be understood, why are you here?  This is not a 20 questions forum.

You reply to skepticism by using numbered apologetic answers that are from a proverbial theist handbook, yet get upset when people wonder.  It's like you are here to find reasons to act offended, which is another theist trait we see all the time.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Paolo on December 26, 2020, 01:56:43 AM
What sort of demented reading you employed to *conclude* that I even have any *faith* to begin with?
I guess most of us that have read your questions/statements conclude you are a theist posing as an atheist.  I am referring to how you frame your 'questions'.  I surmise that you are setting traps for us poor hapless atheists.  We have had many posters like that in my time on these forums. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on December 26, 2020, 07:18:30 AM
Yeah, it was very common years ago on other atheist forums when fakes who pose as non believers and then submit posts completely inconsistent with that position. They give word play nonsense replies instead of simply stating their beliefs or lack of. What kind of atheist with half a noggin would bother with such obvious bullshit? Because to even consider this as a miracle means it ALL has to be true. So why not tell us what you do believe or not believe or else you are just full of bullshit.

Atheists use rhetoric, it is only fair, as theists have been using rhetoric for millennia ;-) ... aka apologetics/polemics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2020, 10:04:51 AM
Atheists use rhetoric, it is only fair, as theists have been using rhetoric for millennia ;-) ... aka apologetics/polemics.
Maybe I should go ahead and "bait around" on Christian forums. Just kidding, LOL.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on December 26, 2020, 10:33:47 AM
Maybe I should go ahead and "bait around" on Christian forums. Just kidding, LOL.

They would ban you, and you would like it.  Sounds like a fetish.  Of course maybe theists "bait around" is a fetish also? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
-Groucho Marx

Paolo

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 12, 2020, 09:51:33 PMAnd yes, peer review is important to forming a factual theory.  In the scientific community 'factual' and 'theory' is redundant, since that is what a theory is--a provable statement.  And other scientists (well, anybody) can review it and understand that that is a factual statement.

Mike, with this, are you saying that in the scientific sense 'theory' and 'fact' are the same thing? Or is one equal to the other, at least?
Oh noes...I think I’m dead....

Baruch

In science, repeatable observations or experiments are very close to facts.  In scientism, authority figures in lab coats trump authority figures in cassocks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Yeah, what a big surprise; more word play. More semantics. That's all theists are good for. They got nothing, never did, never will. Yak yak yak...extract the bullshit from the clergy you can bury them in a matchbook.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2020, 11:08:45 AM
They would ban you, and you would like it.  Sounds like a fetish.  Of course maybe theists "bait around" is a fetish also? ;-)

I suppose one could 'bait around' on forums of a theistic nature, but only if one were a master of baiting; when baiting-masters bait, they can do so with impunity, unless they catch too many fish, then they might well be banned.

I had no idea where that sentence would go when I began it...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on December 26, 2020, 05:37:36 PM
Yeah, what a big surprise; more word play. More semantics. That's all theists are good for. They got nothing, never did, never will. Yak yak yak...extract the bullshit from the clergy you can bury them in a matchbook.

Atheists don't use words, they use secret decoder rings?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cassia on December 26, 2020, 11:27:40 AMup
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
-Groucho Marx

That's why I never got married - I'd never marry a woman who would have me for a husband.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Paolo on December 26, 2020, 05:06:05 PM
Mike, with this, are you saying that in the scientific sense 'theory' and 'fact' are the same thing? Or is one equal to the other, at least?
Yeah, pretty much.  In science, the term "theory" refers to "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.".  A theory is a theory for all time--until and unless somebody demonstrates that a fact or some facts have been demonstrated to be incorrect.  Then the theory is changed.  Unlike a theist belief, theories can be challenged and changed or altered when proven to be more accurate.  Belief/faith is only based on wishful thinking with no facts needed.

For you, Paolo what is a theory?  What is the value and place for belief/faith?  What is science for you--and do you think the scientific method has value?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Paolo

Quote from: Cassia on December 26, 2020, 05:37:36 PM

Yikes. You really are a sick and paranoid little runt, now aren't you? I would be actually surprised if there aren't corpses of "theists" lying on your basement. In fact, I think I can smell the scent from here.

Paolo

Quote from: SGOS on December 26, 2020, 08:18:06 AMWhen asked questions seeking information, instead of giving it, you react with a haughty arrogance when we just want to know you.

I didn't answer Cassia's question because I didn't think it was a honest question at all-- it was a trap/bait. And my suspicion seems to have been confirmed by her last post.

Is there any honest question you would like me to respond?