News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Conspiracy Theory

Started by SGOS, December 07, 2020, 09:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 16, 2021, 06:42:01 PM
When you consider that most of his audience would be the right/far right fringe you see why he says shit like that.

People like Jones are a barometer of our society. If those people are suppressed then how many people with valid questions about us would also be suppressed?
He is a professional talking-head instigator and professionals usually have regulatory bodies. License all pro opinion pundits and hold them financially accountable for obvious gross damaging lies. Let them challenge in court.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on January 16, 2021, 06:05:57 PM
Was chatting with my SO about the 'info wars' clown A. Jones. Helped Trump win 2016. I can't imagine how parents of dead Sandy Hook kids felt when he was calling it fake news. Said the slaughter was staged by actors. Free speech is a right that carries responsibilities and in my eyes certain Americans have lost that right.
I've heard his name before, and I new he was part of the lunatic fringe, but this was about the most disgusting thing I've heard on talk radio.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Cassia on January 16, 2021, 07:36:37 PM
He is a professional talking-head instigator and professionals usually have regulatory bodies. License all pro opinion pundits and hold them financially accountable for obvious gross damaging lies. Let them challenge in court.

Licensing all pundits may be just the thing to force out any pundit who opposed Trump.  Deny licenses to any who hold bad opinions.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 16, 2021, 09:15:59 PM
Licensing all pundits may be just the thing to force out any pundit who opposed Trump.  Deny licenses to any who hold bad opinions.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cassia on January 16, 2021, 07:36:37 PM
He hides behind the 1st Amendment.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

@Gawdzilla Sama , could you give me a few book names on American civil war?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

For free books, archives.org (Search for "American Civil War.) Same for https://www.gutenberg.org/.

Shelby Foote is a major light in the field. Bruce Catton is another.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 18, 2021, 08:59:05 AM
For free books, archives.org (Search for "American Civil War.) Same for https://www.gutenberg.org/.

Shelby Foote is a major light in the field. Bruce Catton is another.

Thanks.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Unfortunately around here one would think the US civil war never ended. Stop off to grab dinner in a local BBQ place and you might walk in on a "Sons of Confederate Veterans" meeting. Google them and you can see there are hundreds of local chapters. They way some of them talk you would think they won the war and own slaves or something.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on January 18, 2021, 10:19:38 AM
Unfortunately around here one would think the US civil war never ended. Stop off to grab dinner in a local BBQ place and you might walk in on a "Sons of Confederate Veterans" meeting. Google them and you can see there are hundreds of local chapters. They way some of them talk you would think they won the war and own slaves or something.
Hmmmmm........don't you mean The War of Yankee Aggression???  There was no Civil War.

Another wonderful point.  The Alamo was, of course, filled to the brim with freedom fighters (who doesn't shed a tear for Davy Crockett and Col. Travis??).  Except they were fighting for the freedom to own slaves.  The white texans had signed a contract with the Mexican govt. prior to the texans getting free land.  But if one is white and christian, contracts mean nothing.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on January 18, 2021, 10:19:38 AM

You are scaring me, and at the same time make me want to visit south. The only experience I have is light with a group with cars, in Oregon in 2016.

Hydra009

Southerners generally come in two varieties - legit southern hospitality (friendly AF and will invite you to the pig pickin') and crazy xenophobes.  Tourists come away with two very different impressions based on which of the two they interacted with.

Gawdzilla Sama

South of the Mason-Nixon line we don't get a lot of rational. Even the nice folks are batshit.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 18, 2021, 08:39:13 PM
South of the Mason-Nixon line we don't get a lot of rational. Even the nice folks are batshit.
!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 18, 2021, 09:15:58 PM
!!
I'll never forget that St Patty's day parade in Savannah. A mostly black high school marching band from Atlanta was simply killing it, making the previous college band sound like they needed more lessons. At first... from the crowd behind me.. it was one guy mumbled something about apes, and then another, and then another. I turned around and saw several fine examples of inbreeding. Real "Squeal like a pig" types if you get my drift. I started uncontrolled laughing out loud after seeing them and hearing what they said. They didn't even figure out I was laughing AT them.