News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Conspiracy Theory

Started by SGOS, December 07, 2020, 09:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

The bulk of conspiracy theories are meant to attack a  person or group. Organizations like Fox News, OANN, or NewsMax, gain viewers by "revealing" conspiracies. The angy, frustrated little people who want things to be "better" (to their advantage) find the supposed flaws in the opposition handy points of attack.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 10, 2020, 09:28:35 AM
The bulk of conspiracy theories are meant to attack a  person or group. Organizations like Fox News, OANN, or NewsMax, gain viewers by "revealing" conspiracies. The angy, frustrated little people who want things to be "better" (to their advantage) find the supposed flaws in the opposition handy points of attack.

CNN and MSNBC and Twitter and Facebook and YouTube ... gain viewers by "revealing" conspiracies.  Or simply "bad news" sells.  Follow the money, it is about advertising revenue, not about virtue.  Media are the 4th branch of government?  Not!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 10, 2020, 05:27:22 AM
There is a significant amount of nonbelievers, and secular people who believe in every kind of conspiracy theories. Yeah...we all know what religion is. But for the last few decades or so it's started to be just convenient to blame it all on religion, if you ask me.

The answer is always the same, 'they're stupid and selfish'. It's exactly like the reaction people give whenever someone shoots random strangers around or in shcool. 'He is mentally ill' or 'Oh he was a pyscho'...etc. No, they are not. They are not stupid and the others are not mentally ill.

We miss something crucial with human nature as in terms of anthropology, we don't get it. 'Conspiracy theories are like religions' are not enough for me because organised religion has too many profits and benefits compared to these conapiracy theory groups. It's incomparable. Although, something tells me that if we looked we'd see that the latter has much higher education and income in average.

Communist Manifesto = greatest conspiracy theory of all time .. led by actual conspirators.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on December 09, 2020, 08:36:14 AM
The big problem with religion is that it is indoctrinated during the formative years of early childhood. Imagine for a moment if you please...what would the situation be like today if children were taught instead to think rationally and seek valid evidence and employ critical thinking from the get-go? If fairy tales were presented as delightful fantasy and that imagination is great fun but the earnest quest of truth will bring a much more fulfilling life than self-delusion.

Adam Serwer of The Atlantic would probably agree with you. Trump's most loyal supporters don't really care about facts, they care about their team captain winning. If all the mail-in ballots were thrown out and every vote verified, Trump's supporters wouldn't accept the results unless Trump was declared the winner. Trump can lie, say things that are factually, verifiably untrue, and it doesn't matter because to his supporters this is about good versus evil and a lie told for a higher purpose can be forgiven. Atheists can pick apart scripture, expose all the inconsistencies, and the True Believer's faith remains intact.

If You Didn’t Vote for Trump, Your Vote Is Fraudulent

... The rubbish claims of fraud continue. Trumpism demands the profession of beliefs that are neither strictly literal nor exactly figurative, but instead statements of ideological values that don’t fit neatly in either category. These statements are not amenable to journalistic fact-checking, because they are not factual claims; they are assertions of identity and political legitimacy that are incontestable on their own terms. To announce loudly that you accept the proclamations of the Church of Trump, no matter how false, contradictory, or exaggerated, is to identify yourself as a member of that faith community; to deny them is to risk excommunication. As long as devotion to the Trumpian creed remains a central tenet of membership in the Republican Party, precious few elected officials will risk the brand of the heretic. ...

The majority of people who make such declarations understand that in fact, Trump did not win, that he received fewer votes than his opponent, and that the Electoral College result reflects that loss. But they support Trump’s claims that the vote was fraudulent, and his efforts to pressure Republican officials in key states to overturn the result. To Trump’s strongest supporters, Biden’s win is a fraud because his voters should not count to begin with, and because the Democratic Party is not a legitimate political institution that should be allowed to wield power even if they did. ...

When they say the 2020 election was stolen, Trumpists are expressing their view that the votes of rival constituencies should not count, even though they understand, on some level, that they do. They are declaring that the nation belongs to them and them alone, whether or not they actually comprise a majority, because they are the only real Americans to begin with.

Baruch

Fact ... Dems nominated a senile criminal owned by China, who is the head of his own crime family, connected to other Dem crime families.  Dems totally ignore facts, just like any other Mafia.

Dems count the ballots of dead people, illegals, double voting etc.  There are no Dems who I would accept as fellow citizens (if I were American).  You left the Union in 1860.

"TRUMP JUST ANNOUNCED ANOTHER HISTORIC MIDDLE EASTERN PEACE DEAL, TRUMP SHOULD WIN NOBEL PEACE PRIZ.." ... Dems support PNAC since 2001.  Dems and Repubs share same spot in Hell after they die, double surprised Pikachu faces
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2020, 04:11:24 PM
Fact ... Dems nominated a senile criminal owned by China, who is the head of his own crime family, connected to other Dem crime families.

I'm not going to address the "fact" of Biden being a "criminal owned by China" but I am interested in the comment that Biden is senile, because that is in my area of expertise. I'm posting this video because Dr. Grande articulately expresses my own thoughts on this topic.

https://youtu.be/xDIpfm3eQ4M

SGOS

It's laughable when a delusional psychopath calls his opponent unfit. Even if it's true, the psychopath had to go.  Yeah, not great choices this year, but it was clear who had to be shown the door.

Baruch

My candidate X is not senile is not criminal ... because feelings and group think.  Also there is no truth no morality no legality.  All news I don't like is fake news if I don't like it.

Election result doesn't need to be thrown out.  All D & R need to be thrown out (1860 and 2020).  China and Russia laugh.

Italians voting for Mussolini, Germans voting for Hitler deserved to die.  USA is no exception.

1860 ... R are real Americans
2020 ... D are real Americans
They both are that is the real problem.  Lincoln's inaugural speech in 1864.  But Lincoln was evil because he wasn't a woman a gay or Black.

USA = USSR = failed tyranny
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 09, 2020, 06:54:26 PM
Mostly for the same reason the other people believed in election fraud last time - they don't like it that they lost.

Hey, moron. The only person who claimed voter fraud last election was Trump. He couldn't believe that he lost the popular vote. Democrats never claimed massive voter fraud gave Trump the win.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2020, 01:25:47 AM
Hey, moron. The only person who claimed voter fraud last election was Trump. He couldn't believe that he lost the popular vote. Democrats never claimed massive voter fraud gave Trump the win.

Hillary et al engaged in election interference 2016-2020, first with Russian support, now with Chinese support.  Dems never accepted 1860 or any election since.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2020, 01:25:47 AM

And the investigation into Russian interference never happened.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 11, 2020, 09:21:21 AM

No, the AJ Barr investigation isn't happening ... why is Hunter not in cuffs?  AJ Barr is Deep State, same as Comey etc.

Gotta love it ...

"I never made any bathtub gin or had anyone liquidated" - Al Capone, because I had underlings do it for me ;-)  Same thing with Hitler, he never personally killed anyone.  Totally innocent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMo_XmSgeLo

Media are lying commie shits since 1963 or before ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 11, 2020, 09:21:21 AM

Moving the goal post now, are ya? The discussion is voter fraud. I'm not playing with you if you're just going to try to distract me and hope I won't notice.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2020, 04:55:10 PM
Moving the goal post now, are ya? The discussion is voter fraud. I'm not playing with you if you're just going to try to distract me and hope I won't notice.

Russiagate was a giant conspiracy theory by people who were upset that they lost.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2020, 04:55:10 PM

I would want the Dems exterminated, even if they never stole a single election, a single vote.  Not because I love Trump either.  The Dems are evil (which is why I love them).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.