Karahan Tepe is probably Older Than Göbekli Tepe

Started by drunkenshoe, December 01, 2020, 04:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Edited. Found a better source.

Karahan Tepe Is Probably Older Than Gobekli Tepe

https://collective-spark.xyz/karahan-tepe-is-probably-older-than-gobekli-tepe/

QuoteGoogle “World’s oldest temple” (go ahead, we’ll wait) and the #1 answer is the famous Göbekli Tepe (Göbeklitepe) in southern Turkey, believed to have been built 11,000â€"12,000 years ago as a place to worship the dog star, Sirius. Loaded with T-shaped carved stone pillars, it predates Stonehenge by 6,000 years and puts Utah’s sole monolith to shame. Unfortunately for fans of the Göbekli Tepe, it may soon be knocked down to #2 with the announcement that the Karahan Tepe or Karahantepe in Turkey’s southeastern Åžanlıurfa province contains hundreds of statues and artifacts that initially appear to predate Göbekli Tepe. Can Göbekli Tepe fans demand a recount? ...

Also this which sounds too certain.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/karahan-tepe-0014605

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 01, 2020, 04:54:25 AM
Edited. Found a better source.

Karahan Tepe Is Probably Older Than Gobekli Tepe

https://collective-spark.xyz/karahan-tepe-is-probably-older-than-gobekli-tepe/

Also this which sounds too certain.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/karahan-tepe-0014605

As time goes on, more and more it seems like Graham might be on to something; we are discovering more and more ruins that predate "civilized history"... indicating both that humanity was building complex sites long before conventional thinking.

Even here in America we view the Clovis culture as being the "original" settlers of the Americas, having come down from Alaska and Canada and settling in North America... despite the fact we have Native American ruins in South America that predate the Clovis culture by significant amounts of time, several thousand years.

I really do think that the idea that a meteor hit Earth (perhaps the crater that possibly dates to the right time frame discovered in Greenland) on it's Northern ice sheet some 12,000-15,000 years years ago explains so much. The meteor caused a massive tidal wave that wiped out the majority of the human population, which makes sense since even today the overwhelming majority of humanity is settled along the sea shore.

It's also why ruins are much harder to find, since so much of it would have been submerged... and also fits with the fact that we are starting to find ancient ruins under the Mediterranean sea that predate human civilization as well as have so many mythological tales, from all corners of the Earth, talking of a great flood that sank humanity.

I think human history is far more interesting than "mainstream" academia cares to admit, though more and more it's shifting to realise that they don't actually know everything and there is so much more to learn.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on December 01, 2020, 05:38:05 AM
I think human history is far more interesting than "mainstream" academia cares to admit, though more and more it's shifting to realise that they don't actually know everything and there is so much more to learn.

I agree. But it is still too early. And I'm not saying that in favour of the "mainstream" academia.

Also, I don't think settlements need huge catastrophies to be destroyed or wiped out. Most of them were probably recycled to their complete annihilation,lol. It's very practical and convenient.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Of course, in local legend, Sanliurfa is the area that Abraham came from, not that Sumerian city.  As soon as population could explode, due to easily available food, because of the end of the last Ice Age ... the hunter/gatherer situation that contained human development, was obsolete.

What I have read about Gobekli Tepe is that was a site for the exposure of dead humans to carrion eaters, like the Towers of Silence of the Parsis.  Also Sioux Indians in N America and Tibetans today.  All human ritual is connected with birth, marriage and death.  Women are the bringers of life, men are the bringers of death, and marriage is where they bury the hatchet (until divorce).

I won't be excited until they find the 2001 movie monolith ;-)  Oh, they did, in Utah, and now it disappeared again.  I told you ... Mormons are aliens ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.