News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

History is as much myth as fact

Started by Gregory, April 02, 2020, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

The US is a representative republic.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 28, 2020, 02:25:45 PM
The US is a representative republic.

In both cases, run by millionaire oligarchs.  Though the franchise is much broader in America than in the Roman Republic, because the Popular Assembly was rarely called into session.  In both cases "bread and circuses" and war profiteering to control the Plebs.  Think ... Senate plus Pentagon running everything.  The much maligned Founding Fathers were well aware of the limitations of both Rome and Athens, and chose a model of the Roman Republic plus Locke (who got it from Aristotle).  Not a bad try ... lasted 72 years until the Democrats blew it up.

A shout-out for the Barbarians, including the Celts (Caledonians and Hibernians never conquered by Rome) ... about 96% of my ancestors were non-Romans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqrNGQE0BU

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Shoutout for the perfection of Greek warfare, the Macedonian Phalanx ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwzvpOfcEeo
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

I get a very good estimate of your level of erudition from the cartoons, I mean Youtubes, you post.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 06, 2020, 04:28:48 PM
I get a very good estimate of your level of erudition from the cartoons, I mean Youtubes, you post.

I read many books.  Erudition isn't necessary, that is virtue signaling by book worms ... which are real worms, not people ;-)  Videos help for the rest of us who can't read (because Pol Pot killed all the people who could read or write).

Mark Felton Productions and Drachinifel are among the many excellent on-line historians.  Jealous?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

You're excuse for not reading good books on the topics is noted.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 07, 2020, 08:38:55 AM
You're excuse for not reading good books on the topics is noted.

Do you write your books in invisible ink?  Haven't seen any.  Good books =  ones I agree with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-CjczAGuM

Didn't know this detail of D-Day.  On the maps, my Norman ancestors come from around LeHavre ... a little to the north on the other side of the Seine River.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

I never said I've written book. I have worked with the Naval History and Heritage Command and their counter-parts in the USAF , US Army, and US Marine Corps. I have civilian citations from all of them. And I helped create Hyperwar and World War II Resources, neither of which you probably know.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 08, 2020, 01:25:00 PM
I never said I've written book. I have worked with the Naval History and Heritage Command and their counter-parts in the USAF , US Army, and US Marine Corps. I have civilian citations from all of them. And I helped create Hyperwar and World War II Resources, neither of which you probably know.

Didn't say you never read a book either.  You are talking to a book addict.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TME0xubdHQc

The English (progressives) can kill us but they can't take our freedom ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

3 days late but ... not a dollar short!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZVG6pFpEbE

Remember, death to America, death to Whites, support the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere and the Japanese Empire!

18 years ago, in our Church, one of the oldest guys there was a sailor on the USS Arizona on that day.  Wonder what he would think of Americans who hate America, and support all enemies of America?

Besides no aircraft carriers present, subsequent analysis shows that the Japanese attackers did a pretty inefficient job in spite of taking the local US forces completely by surprise.  Nobody today believes, that there weren't people in Washington DC who didn't know this was coming, and wanted it to come.

The actual first shot was a US destroyer, an hour earlier, against a Japanese midget sub.  They were not believed at the time, and never got credit, but many decades later, the wreck of the midget sub was found in deep water off the mouth of Pearl Harbor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.