Arts and Entertainment > Hobbies and Photos

Meade lx65 8" (ACF) vs Celestron 8se

(1/3) > >>

PopeyesPappy:
We are thinking about getting a telescope again. I've pretty much got it narrowed down to either a Meade lx65 8 ACF or a Celestron 8se. Anyone with experience with both have a preference one way or the other? I'm leaning towards the Meade because of the Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) catadioptric-variant optical path.

Baruch:

--- Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 20, 2020, 12:48:05 PM ---We are thinking about getting a telescope again. I've pretty much got it narrowed down to either a Meade lx65 8 ACF or a Celestron 8se. Anyone with experience with both have a preference one way or the other? I'm leaning towards the Meade because of the Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) catadioptric-variant optical path.

--- End quote ---

Soo techy.  Other than getting a good electronic camera, or the ability to interface with a good smart phone ... don't have a clue.  But to enjoy it, you have to usually leave your home area because the night sky is shit.  I didn't see the Milky Way until I was 9 years old.  Had a refractor with naked eye and a solar projection plate, enjoyed moon watching and the occasional sun spot observing.

SGOS:
I prefer the Hubble, but I can't afford one.

drunkenshoe:
Do you want to take pics, or just stargazing? You want to be mobile or just in the back yard?

I'd get a Dobs if it is just start gazing in the back yard. A big one. If you want to move around that's different. Though I don't think it would be a problem for you to carry a dobs, POP. It's for me, lol. But if you are going to take pics, as you know it is completely different thing.

In my experience, I have found that the crude-simple designs are the most fun. I mean chasing the objects by yourself is better fun than going with a computerised one. But I don't have any telescopes myself. Limited experince.

Baruch:
Orion 10016 StarBlast 6 Astro Reflector Telescope ... for $105 could be my choice, for naked eye observing.  I won't spend too much money on something I won't do very often, or take any photos with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version