News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sean Connery dead at 90

Started by Mr.Obvious, October 31, 2020, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 03, 2020, 04:56:33 AM
I never liked the man. I have no idea why. I've never enjoyed James Bond movies. But I liked Medicine Man and The Hunt for the Red October. He was OK as the senior Dr. Jones but that's probably because I love the movie. RIP

Everyone's taste is different.  This is a insult to "everyone has to be the same" hive mind communism.  There is usually too much violence in Bond Movies, can this be a cause?  In his role in Indiana Jones he is comic relief, he doesn't kill anyone.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Last week I read Murder on the Orient Express and tonight decided to watch the 1974 movie. I didn't realize Sean Connery was part of the all-star cast. I enjoyed him as an actor.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 03, 2020, 04:47:38 AM
That would be bad casting. Maybe he knew it.

We'll never know, but he was the first choice for both roles. Peter Jackson wanted him so badly he was offered $30 million salary plus 15% of box office gross. That decision cost Connery an estimated $450 million. His stated reason for turning down the role was he didn't understand the story. He read the books, read the script, and didn't understand the story. Who the fuck doesn't understand The Lord of the Rings?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 03, 2020, 10:28:00 PM
We'll never know, but he was the first choice for both roles. Peter Jackson wanted him so badly he was offered $30 million salary plus 15% of box office gross. That decision cost Connery an estimated $450 million. His stated reason for turning down the role was he didn't understand the story. He read the books, read the script, and didn't understand the story. Who the fuck doesn't understand The Lord of the Rings?
Sean Connery
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 03, 2020, 10:28:00 PM

Oh I see. Actually, this makes a lot of sense. Wow. So he made a choice beyond money? Obviously, he understood the position of the role and the expectations and the crazy fandom. Guys, it is Gandalf. Gandalf. It looks like he realised he wouldn't get into the story and the role and refused. RESPECT. I just checked, his net worth was 350 million at the time of his death. Why would he need more, it wouldn't make any better impact in his life.

Christopher Tolkien has recieved death threats over the movies and had to declare he had nothing to do with it if memory serves right.

Masses of people do not understand anything about The Lord of the Rings. Because it is a culture, more than a book or a movie trilogy. They just like the action and visual effects which is important as the movie is a milestone but they are mostly too young to get that.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Tbh I am glad h free wasn't Gandalf.
But I have to admit, I could see him as a John Hammond.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 04, 2020, 06:37:16 AM
Oh I see. Actually, this makes a lot of sense. Wow. So he made a choice beyond money? Obviously, he understood the position of the role and the expectations and the crazy fandom. Guys, it is Gandalf. Gandalf. It looks like he realised he wouldn't get into the story and the role and refused. RESPECT. I just checked, his net worth was 350 million at the time of his death. Why would he need more, it wouldn't make any better impact in his life.

Christopher Tolkien has recieved death threats over the movies and had to declare he had nothing to do with it if memory serves right.

Masses of people do not understand anything about The Lord of the Rings. Because it is a culture, more than a book or a movie trilogy. They just like the action and visual effects which is important as the movie is a milestone but they are mostly too young to get that.

I believe he had already donated his earnings from the last few movies he made to his charitable organization.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 04, 2020, 03:00:35 PM
I believe he had already donated his earnings from the last few movies he made to his charitable organization.

:) Yep, his choice was conscious then. He didn't care about the money.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp