News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sean Connery dead at 90

Started by Mr.Obvious, October 31, 2020, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Who said you can only throw so many ones is a row? I could use a nat 20 in 2020.

He was my favorite actor. Sad to see him go.

Go on, sir Connery, go and fuck the prom queen in the skies.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQXnfjBd-hA

Inverse from the Odyssey.  My dad when young looked a bit like him.  But I got none of his looks ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 31, 2020, 10:09:14 AM
He was my favorite actor. Sad to see him go.

Go on, sir Connery, go and fuck the prom queen in the skies.
He was certainly in my top 5, maybe top 2, but we are splitting hairs.  I don't mind celebrities dying, but I'll miss Connery, because all of his roles were so wonderfully convincing, except maybe James Bond, which is fantasy, but I still compare all the Bonds that followed him as not quite as good as the "real" James Bond.

NYT Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:48 AM EST

Mr. Connery won a best-actor award from the British Academy of Film and Television Arts for “The Name of the Rose” (1986), in which he played a crime-solving medieval monk, and the Academy Award as best supporting actor for his performance as an honest cop on the corrupt Chicago police force in “The Untouchables” (1987).
What???!  The New York Times, or was it the Academy, left out his best film of all, one that is definitely in my top 5:  The Hunt for Red October.  Connor was incapable of not being the best actor for the role.  He was brilliant.

Draconic Aiur

Unbeliever

No one ever mentions Zardoz, for some reason...

:-)

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 31, 2020, 03:06:56 PM
No one ever mentions Zardoz, for some reason...

:-)

Thread isn't gay enough.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2020, 11:22:27 AM
He was certainly in my top 5, maybe top 2, but we are splitting hairs.  I don't mind celebrities dying, but I'll miss Connery, because all of his roles were so wonderfully convincing, except maybe James Bond, which is fantasy, but I still compare all the Bonds that followed him as not quite as good as the "real" James Bond.
What???!  The New York Times, or was it the Academy, left out his best film of all, one that is definitely in my top 5:  The Hunt for Red October.  Connor was incapable of not being the best actor for the role.  He was brilliant.

Loved the hunt for red October.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

I'll remember him in part for the roles he turned down. John Hammond in Jurrasic Park and Gandolf in The Lord of the Rings.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 02, 2020, 08:32:59 PM
I'll remember him in part for the roles he turned down. John Hammond in Jurrasic Park and Gandolf in The Lord of the Rings.
My favorite was The Medicine Man, but it had a sad ending.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 02, 2020, 08:32:59 PM

That would be bad casting. Maybe he knew it.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I never liked the man. I have no idea why. I've never enjoyed James Bond movies. But I liked Medicine Man and The Hunt for the Red October. He was OK as the senior Dr. Jones but that's probably because I love the movie. RIP

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp