News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christianity and Hatred for People

Started by Jagella, October 03, 2020, 05:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagella

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 04, 2020, 12:53:48 AM
The whole idea of the Gospel depends on one assumption: that you deserve to rot in Hell, simply for existing. You are born broken, and only God can fix us. So yes, I would say it is fair to say that Christianity has a direct correlation to hatred for humanity. And that's not even getting into all the groups they hate, on the mere basis of their religious beliefs. Gay people, trans people, people of any other faith than theirs, atheists. They hate all those groups because their existence is a threat to their belief system.

One hated group that doesn't get much attention is the disabled. Christians will often prey on them to bilk them out of their money promising healing that never comes. When it's obvious that the healing won't happen, faith healers may blame their victims for lacking faith. I've implored Christians to stop their faith-healing nonsense, but their comforting myths are more important to them than treating people with dignity.

QuoteOf course, Christians will try to tell you that their religion is about love. Just like they'll say that living by their standards is "freedom." Or that choosing who goes to Heaven or Hell for all of eternity based solely on belief in the right god is "justice." They have a habit of redefining words to mean the very opposite of what they're supposed to mean.

I think that George Orwell's idea was too late: Christians invented double-speak long before 1984. A good example of this "word trading" is the way many Christians interpret the Bible. If a passage is factually or morally wrong as is, then they'll get busy switching out words to smooth things over.

Baruch

Hitler simply murdered the severely retarded or insane in the asylums.  Straight forward that.  Sorry, the clan story teller invented tall tales before the Neolithic happened.  Christians didn't invent story telling.  Muslims claim that Jews and Christians are just storytellers, but their story is the one true story ;-)  Most Christians BTW don't practice faith healing.  Most atheists don't eat Comet Pizza.

@Mike CL ... if Trump is the anti-Christ, then you are still on the wrong side ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jagella on October 04, 2020, 12:08:07 PMI think that George Orwell's idea was too late: Christians invented double-speak long before 1984. A good example of this "word trading" is the way many Christians interpret the Bible. If a passage is factually or morally wrong as is, then they'll get busy switching out words to smooth things over.

Like when that part where Jesus says it is "impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." And that it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. Apologists will say, "Actually, there was a door to the city that was called the Eye of the Needle. And people would have to unload their bags before letting their camels crawl through."

First, there is no evidence this notorious door ever existed. It was likely just made up so churches could avoid offending their wealthy donors. Second, why the hell would anyone make a passage to a bustling city so uselessly tiny? It makes no sense. And third, Jesus didn't say that it was difficult for a rich man to get to Heaven; he said it was impossible.

"But it's impossible for anyone to get to Heaven, without Jesus." Then why'd Jesus bother to call out the rich specifically? Give me a break. Clearly, Christianity started as a religion for the poor, but they sold out and began appealing to the rich, because the rich could give them power.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Jesus wasn't Christian, wasn't American, not a Republican or Democrat.  So depending on your party, Jesus wasn't virtuous ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

The idea of faith based salvation doesn't even jive with Jesus. That same rich man asked what he had to do to enter Heaven, and Jesus told him to follow the laws of the prophets. Then when the rich man said he was doing that, Jesus told him to donate all of his possessions and follow him. That sounds like works based salvation to me. Even the idea of the Old Testament laws being exchanged for new ones which were easier for Gentiles to follow completely contradicts what Jesus said. He said that not one letter of the law would be changed. Then again, this is the same guy who broke several of the Old Testament laws, criticizing Pharisees for taking them too literally. How does anyone read this mess of a book and think it's God's Word?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

I don't think they actually read the thing.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 04, 2020, 08:52:06 PM
The idea of faith based salvation doesn't even jive with Jesus. That same rich man asked what he had to do to enter Heaven, and Jesus told him to follow the laws of the prophets. Then when the rich man said he was doing that, Jesus told him to donate all of his possessions and follow him. That sounds like works based salvation to me. Even the idea of the Old Testament laws being exchanged for new ones which were easier for Gentiles to follow completely contradicts what Jesus said. He said that not one letter of the law would be changed. Then again, this is the same guy who broke several of the Old Testament laws, criticizing Pharisees for taking them too literally. How does anyone read this mess of a book and think it's God's Word?

If G-d was perfect, people wouldn't have been created (or their writings).  People exist, therefore G-d doesn't exist.  This is the "I am G-d" POV.  Egotism gone mad.  "I am a demi-god" is much more modest, given that demi-gods like Heracles were rather imperfect.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.