Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Started by Blackleaf, September 18, 2020, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Yeah... I don't like counting on Republicans not being hypocrites. Hypocrisy is like...their whole thing.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mermaid

I have yet to hear Word One from any of my Trump-supporting colleagues, friends or family. They KNOW it's wrong and they are SILENT.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on September 19, 2020, 06:39:14 PM
I have yet to hear Word One from any of my Trump-supporting colleagues, friends or family. They KNOW it's wrong and they are SILENT.

They are afraid of Comet Pizza eating Dems?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 19, 2020, 01:06:47 PM
T.rump's short list apparently consists of three women. I wonder how they found three ladies he hasn't molested?

Asked the friends of Jeffry Epstein, like Bill Clinton ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

And before the end of Trump's second term he's likely to get at least one more SCOTUS pick.
Then there won't be any more ''swing votes.'' Then our democracy will be over.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

"Leftists Go INSANE After RBG Passes, Declare War And Call For Riots, Proving Trump RIGHT Once Agai.." … should go as well as 1861-65

"Leftists EATING Their Own, Harass Ginsburg's Friends For "Killing Her," Antifa Attacks Themselves" … human germs
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2020, 07:39:01 PM
And before the end of Trump's second term he's likely to get at least one more SCOTUS pick.
Then there won't be any more ''swing votes.'' Then our democracy will be over.

Maybe not.  In any case, unless you are very Elite indeed, neither America nor democracy belong to you (since you aren't plural).

Again, happy if China invades and kills us all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 19, 2020, 04:45:29 PM
Yeah... I don't like counting on Republicans not being hypocrites. Hypocrisy is like...their whole thing.

Biden to choose woman as running mate.

Republicans: IDENTITY POLITICS!!! IDENTITY POLITICS!!!

Trump to nominate woman to Supreme Court

Republicans: (silence)

Unbeliever

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 19, 2020, 08:39:46 PM

Trump's pick doesn't even have to be a judge, or a lawyer. He could nominate Ivanka, or perhaps one of his FOX minions.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 19, 2020, 08:39:46 PM

Are you saying you don't care if the first African-Hispanic transexual triple amputee doesn't get to SCOTUS as a victory for justice?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2020, 09:23:36 PM
Trump's pick doesn't even have to be a judge, or a lawyer. He could nominate Ivanka, or perhaps one of his FOX minions.

At this point they are all Catholic or Jewish.  I would be happy if he nominated a Buddhist or Hindu.  Based on Obama, and many other legal wranglers, I would never appoint a lawyer to anything.  Judge Roy Bean did a bang up job ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

SGOS

This may be the break Trump needs.  If they wait until after the election, even reluctant Republicans will vote for Trump, because another redneck on the Supreme Court would further their agenda far more than another 4 years of Bozo.  Biden's lead in the polls is mostly because he is not Trump, not because of his greatness or his agenda.  Republicans have been thirsting for an all right wing Court for years.  Another 4 years of an idiot, not so much.  But this issue is the one that can energize the Republican Party.  The rest of the issues are only losing battles where Trump fails.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on September 20, 2020, 07:06:57 AM
This may be the break Trump needs.  If they wait until after the election, even reluctant Republicans will vote for Trump, because another redneck on the Supreme Court would further their agenda far more than another 4 years of Bozo.  Biden's lead in the polls is mostly because he is not Trump, not because of his greatness or his agenda.  Republicans have been thirsting for an all right wing Court for years.  Another 4 years of an idiot, not so much.  But this issue is the one that can energize the Republican Party.  The rest of the issues are only losing battles where Trump fails.

The Republicans have been stacking the courts on every level and this is a huge opportunity that could protect their interests for decades. For example, any single-payer healthcare plan Congress passes will be declared unconstitutional. People focus on abortion but the ability to block legislation to regulate business is what this is really about. $$$

Remember, corportations are people.

SGOS

I doubt that "Corporations are people" was part of the courts dissenting opinions.  That is a bullshit claim based on semantics and now treated as a sacred rule of law.