Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Four Republican Senators (Collins, Murkowski, Romney and Grassley) are on the record as opposing looking at any nominations until after the election.  That's enough to deny Hypocrite Mitch a majority.

I'll believe it when I see it, of course.  I don't trust Republicans any further than I could piss a boulder.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Sad, but she lived a good life, like my mom.  But if you idolize dead Jews you are a Christian or a Marxist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

They'll get some ghoul in that chair before you can say "ready-made theocracy"

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 18, 2020, 10:28:02 PMl
They'll get some ghoul in that chair before you can say "ready-made theocracy"

Dig up dead Bill Graham?  That would be cool for Halloween.

Obama is wanting that position.  Vote for Joe, maybe help Obama get his dream job.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on September 18, 2020, 10:05:26 PM
Four Republican Senators (Collins, Murkowski, Romney and Grassley) are on the record as opposing looking at any nominations until after the election.  That's enough to deny Hypocrite Mitch a majority.

I'll believe it when I see it, of course.  I don't trust Republicans any further than I could piss a boulder.
I don't follow Susan Collins around watching her, but from what I've seen she always holds out as undecided until two days before the vote when she falls in line with the party.  I wouldn't count on her unless I were a Republican.

SGOS

I was sorry to hear about Ginsburg tonight.  She was probably my favorite judge.

drunkenshoe

Learned it a few mins ago. Sigh. I'm so sorry, guys.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

I was selfishly hoping she could stay with us until 2021. She was one of the good ones.

Baruch

I would be happy if none of the SCOTUS ever get replaced, since that is my least favorite branch, so no problem for me if they wait until 2021.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on September 18, 2020, 11:17:23 PM
I don't follow Susan Collins around watching her, but from what I've seen she always holds out as undecided until two days before the vote when she falls in line with the party.  I wouldn't count on her unless I were a Republican.
Pretty much, but she did go on the record... she's in enough electoral trouble this year that she can't afford the slightest mis-step, and she knows damn well that her rolling over and playing dead on Kavanaugh is exactly why she's in trouble.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

Yet another reason we need to get Trump out of the White House in November, before he can fuck us over even more. We don't need another joker like Kavanaugh making a mockery of the Supreme Court.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

It's five GOP Senators on the record opposing a vote on a SCOTUS nominee in an election year.  Lindsey Graham even dared people to keep the tape of him saying so.  His re-election race is neck and neck -- if he rolls over and plays dead for Senator Yertle and the Oval Orifice, I give it about five seconds before the ads start airing using that video... with, say, 'hypocrite' or 'liar' being appended to his name.

Gawdzilla Sama

T.rump's short list apparently consists of three women. I wonder how they found three ladies he hasn't molested?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mermaid

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
Mitch McConnell, FEBRUARY 2016

“I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination."
-- Lindsey Graham, March 3th, 2016, on blocking Barack Obama's Supreme Court nomination of Merrick Garland.

"Well, Merrick Garland was a different situation. You had the president of one party nominating, and you had the Senate in the hands of the other party. A situation where you've got them both would be different. I don't want to speculate, but I think appointing judges is a high priority for me in 2020."
-- Lindsey Graham today.

I would be willing to bet my life's savings that we will have a brand new conservative SCOTUS justice in place prior to the end of this presidential term.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR