Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Started by Blackleaf, September 18, 2020, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CjClgPSIC4

Are you fucking serious? Not only did Trump hypocritically nominate someone for the position, he nominates yet another person with a lack of experience. What's with him and placing people in important positions who have little to no experience? She was made judge only THREE YEARS ago. She hasn't even been a judge longer than Trump's been in office. Why her, out of all the judges with decades more experience than her? Well, that's that pretty easy to guess, considering she wouldn't even have those three years of experience if Trump didn't nominate her for the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals in the first place. This is a judge bred by Trump. If she gets approved, which the Republicans have made clear they would love to do, you can kiss this democracy goodbye. Welcome to the age of the new Christian theocratic America.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Butt hurt?  Get some Preparation H ;-)  Political junkies worry and second guess everything going on in their favorite corner of the government, even though they don't even work in that department or in the government at all.  Just like Monday morning quarterbacks who can't throw a pig skin 20 yards, are all over how good or bad the last football game was played/refereed.  Funny if you have a sense of humor.

Nobody will notice that this nominee is yet another Roman Catholic.  Trump is controlled by Tel Aviv and the Vatican.  That should bother atheists a lot.  Trump has promoted 300 judges on lower courts.  But nobody cares, because only SCOTUS matters.  Just like nobody cares what happened at the last HS football game, they only care about the Super Bowl.  Yes, some of you would employ the parallel universe Enterprise weapon controlled by the Evil Kirk, to simply make problem people disappear.  And claim how moral you are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Of course he nominated an anti-abortion religious fucktard. Did you expect anything else from him?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

So many here say atheism isn't the same as the Soviet Union.  But so many older people here would fit right in to Krushchev's or Castro's paradise circa 1960.  In the 1950s over half of engineers in the Soviet Union were women, and abortion was legalized in 1955.  Atheism was the state dogma.  Communism was and still is progressivis.  Which is why I completely distrust Progressives ;-)

This is a problem in general for all older people that young people probably can't relate to.  When everything you advocated for in the past, has turned out less than you hoped for, and you are afraid as the clock runs out that what you advocate today will disappoint ... it is reasonable to be unhappy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Mermaid on September 26, 2020, 07:51:05 PM
Of course he nominated an anti-abortion religious fucktard. Did you expect anything else from him?

Roe Vs Wade may be overturned but his motivation is for when he losses the general election and contests it all the way to the SCrOTUS.  He may be surprised when 'his' court tosses his vote by mail fraud case in the trash.

PS. Ironically...If abortions are ruled illegal that will only make the US "less white" faster.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2020, 08:00:12 PM
So many here say atheism isn't the same as the Soviet Union.  But so many older people here would fit right in to Krushchev's or Castro's paradise circa 1960.  In the 1950s over half of engineers in the Soviet Union were women, and abortion was legalized in 1955.  Atheism was the state dogma.  Communism was and still is progressivis.  Which is why I completely distrust Progressives ;-)

This is a problem in general for all older people that young people probably can't relate to.  When everything you advocated for in the past, has turned out less than you hoped for, and you are afraid as the clock runs out that what you advocate today will disappoint ... it is reasonable to be unhappy.
Pretty funny talk when you consider the conservative savior is sucking on a KGB dickhead while he tickles Kim jong un's balls. I used to admire many so-called conservative values. Now I know the only thing they really value is is being really selfish and stupid.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on September 26, 2020, 08:40:44 PM
Pretty funny talk when you consider the conservative savior is sucking on a KGB dickhead while he tickles Kim jong un's balls. I used to admire many so-called conservative values. Now I know the only thing they really value is is being really selfish and stupid.

To know such things, you had to be in the room at the time ;-)  Where you in Moscow when he pissed on the Obama suite bed too?  My ladies have TDS too, so I have to sympathize.  It is necessary to completely ignore the biggest US political scandal of all time, staring Obama, Biden, Comey etc.

Actually, under the existing legal framework, even with a potential (I think unlikely) cancellation of Roe vs Wade ... the states are free to legalize abortion under their own state constitutions (and I think the majority of states would).  People keep forgetting that the US is not the Soviet Union.  The chances of any Congress putting in a nationwide mandate to make abortion illegal is even more unlikely now than 1973 .. which is why activists took the SCOTUS route in the first place, hoping for an activist SCOTUS to legislate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2020, 08:51:55 PM
To know such things, you had to be in the room at the time ;-)  Where you in Moscow when he pissed on the Obama suite bed too?

Actually, under the existing legal framework, even with a potential (I think unlikely) cancellation of Roe vs Wade ... the states are free to legalize abortion under their own state constitutions (and I think the majority of states would).  People keep forgetting that the US is not the Soviet Union.
And who is making China great again?....could it be all those Republican CEO's? Nah, they wouldn't setup every single supply chain that leads back to China while American kids serve Starbucks. Fuck 2020 Republicans. Don't wear a mask. Make China great.

Baruch

Helping China is bipartisan for 30 years now.  Are you saying, if China invades Taiwan we should nuke them?  I would hope not.  Surely you know that the Bidens took Air Force 2 to China during the Obama admin, to pick up their big paycheck.  Money doesn't care what party you support.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2020, 09:37:06 PM
Helping China is bipartisan for 30 years now.  Are you saying, if China invades Taiwan we should nuke them?  I would hope not.  Surely you know that the Bidens took Air Force 2 to China during the Obama admin, to pick up their big paycheck.  Money doesn't care what party you support.
CEOs fund R's 3:1 over D's. It's all about that next quarter stock price. Amazing how badly they will sell us out and run...isn't it? Just look at stock prices vs the real economy. Right now. Values at 50x earnings in the middle of a recession.

I should know, having become a multi-millionaire. They don't expect a employee/worker like me to beat their own returns, blasphemy! Once I figured out what was going on I learned to do the opposite of what makes sense, fearlessly. The saddest part of Republicans 2020 is just minimizing this pandemic. It's under control. Let's just kill off the last of the great generation for a few bucks more.

When I made it into the ranks of high-tech management, holy crap! My company effectively pays zero taxes. We use all the infrastructure for free. We can get our 95% Chinese parts delivered to our door even cheaper. Yey! Thanks Mr. Republican governor.  Thanks Trump! (btw your China Tariffs did nothing to our China supply lines!).

Baruch

You can always repent, give all you have to the poor, and follow some homeless ME person ;-)  Many people like to follow dead Jewish people, like Karl Marx ;-))

Cavebear, who competed with me for awhile in posting stats, he is a retired millionaire too, but thru careful investing of excess Federal job income, and no outgo for wife or kids.  He didn't manage his portfolio as dynamically as you.  I wish he would come back.  You would like him.

I follow smart people wherever I can find them.  I have followed the Keiser Report for over 10 years now, and they are currently sponsored by RT on Youtube.  The last 30 years, the US middle class has attempted to live off of the slave labor of one billion Chinese.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"DEMOCRATS FALL FOR TRAP AS SMEARS AGAINST AMY CONEY BARRETT BACKFIRE, ITS THE KAVANAUGH EFFECT AGA.." ... yes, attack the largest religion in America

"Trump campaign questions why Biden is 'silent' on anti-Catholic bigotry aimed at Amy Coney Barrett" ... Biden is silent on a lot of things
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

She is actually a puppet then. Trump or not, she is going to do what she is told to do?   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2020, 08:00:12 PM
So many here say atheism isn't the same as the Soviet Union. But so many older people here would fit right in to Krushchev's or Castro's paradise circa 1960.  In the 1950s over half of engineers in the Soviet Union were women, and abortion was legalized in 1955.  Atheism was the state dogma.  Communism was and still is progressivis.  Which is why I completely distrust Progressives ;-)

No, we say it is absurd. Like the religious nuts calling nonbelievers 'baby eating satanists' kind of absurd. But then atheist right-wing is an American gift to the world. Before New Atheism, at this side of the world, atheist groups has always existed on the left wing. The irony is that imported right wing atheism is the home of the red pill group around here. Fundamentally racist, sexist groups. They're all young men. They think they're 'white'. They're Boiler Room movie kids. They think they're a part of the enlightened movement that will change the world with 'the science' and 'philosophy' they have learned from manosphere. Most of them are rooting for the conflitcs like the ones between Azebaijan and Armenia. I'm not gonna get into their position about Kurds. Just had breakfast. They all want to be rich and get a Russian bride. They love/support Trump and they want to emigrate to the States if possible but I doubt if they see it as a country, rather like a place for looting. Yeah, they're dumb.

Because the basic defintion of a concept only matters on paper, the reality is the available categories in a given society; its culture and which one it is going to fall back into. Re-employment. Cultural appropriation. So they're basically the same shit with sharia group in the ME as it is with the neo-nazis in Europe.

That's the progress. It's worked. That's not sarcasm. New Atheism has worked. The thing is, it has risen and spread from a land where there is no left. And all that SJW movements, and the reactive ones to that movement were all a reaction to the lack of some sane, strong opposition to a fundamentally rigth wing culture.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 01, 2020, 03:02:01 AM
She is actually a puppet then. Trump or not, she is going to do what she is told to do?

I think it is rather mysterious how the pecking order in SCOTUS works.  If you mean, the Papacy, that was the anti-Catholic bigotry against JFK.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.