Not Just My Imagination: The Post Office Has Been Crippled

Started by SGOS, September 15, 2020, 11:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

QuoteNew York Times:

1. A mail slowdown

A Times analysis of more than 28 million pieces of mail found that on-time delivery declined noticeably in July and August after Louis DeJoy, the postmaster general, put cost-cutting measures in place. Delivery has sped up slightly since the summer but remains slower than earlier this year.

The mail has become a key part of the 2020 election, because an unprecedented number of Americans are likely to vote by mail to avoid visiting a polling place during the pandemic.
Exactly like I experienced it, a slight uptick in the last couple of weeks, but definitely much much slower.  This seems like stupidity to me.  You have mail sorting machines that work faster than people, so you remove them.  How is this a cost saving?  You're not saving money, you're just fucking up the mail.  A friend in Montana hasn't noticed any change, so it may be regional depending on which sorting machines were scrapped.

Also, my delivery was always within 15 minutes of 10:30 AM.  Now it can happen anywhere from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, but that may be a new mail carrier.  Or not.

Baruch

Any postal workers still moonlighting for the Census Bureau?  Otherwise, burn all the mail.  On-line voting is better, so that Soros computers outside the US can count the votes ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on September 15, 2020, 11:44:06 AM
Exactly like I experienced it, a slight uptick in the last couple of weeks, but definitely much much slower.  This seems like stupidity to me.  You have mail sorting machines that work faster than people, so you remove them.  How is this a cost saving?  You're not saving money, you're just fucking up the mail.  A friend in Montana hasn't noticed any change, so it may be regional depending on which sorting machines were scrapped.

Also, my delivery was always within 15 minutes of 10:30 AM.  Now it can happen anywhere from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, but that may be a new mail carrier.  Or not.
No, not stupidity.  Trump is NOT stupid.  This is/was planned.  Disrupt all of the services this country provides.  Cause all the chaos that he can.  The post office is heavily involved with the voting process.  Disrupting that is part of his plan to steal the election.  And then he can work on making him the permanent 'leader'.  Not stupid--it is working and the democrats are not capable of stopping him.  And the repubs want some of the spoils so they help their 'leader'.  They are too stupid to refer to Germany (a Republic) in the early and mid 1930's.  It seems to me that the grand experiment just went down in flames.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 15, 2020, 12:49:09 PM
No, not stupidity.  Trump is NOT stupid.  This is/was planned.  Disrupt all of the services this country provides.  Cause all the chaos that he can.  The post office is heavily involved with the voting process.  Disrupting that is part of his plan to steal the election.  And then he can work on making him the permanent 'leader'.  Not stupid--it is working and the democrats are not capable of stopping him.  And the repubs want some of the spoils so they help their 'leader'.  They are too stupid to refer to Germany (a Republic) in the early and mid 1930's.  It seems to me that the grand experiment just went down in flames.

Yes, G-d planned it, and blames his helpless puppets.  The US has always been bad, you said so yourself, why are you still defending it?  The Post Office was founded by Benjamin Franklin, the unindicted serial killer that he was.  On a human level, are you going to give yourself a coronary from worry about the election?  I am practicing my wellness to avoid that.  It really doesn't matter, 1000000 years from now anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

GSOgymrat

I've definitely noticed the mail slowdown. I'm one of the dinosaurs who still mails birthday cards to close friends and relatives and I've added on at least four for delays. Blu-rays from Netflix take about five days longer than usual. I waited for weeks for a check for an insurance claim and it never arrived. I had to set up an online deposit.

Of course, if Trump wins he'll claim responsibility for the election running smoothly with no problems and if he loses he will cry corruption and fraud. I was surprised to learn that in the 2016 presidential election 24.5% of voters cast their ballot by mail, a much higher than I would have guessed.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 15, 2020, 05:32:05 PM
I've definitely noticed the mail slowdown. I'm one of the dinosaurs who still mails birthday cards to close friends and relatives and I've added on at least four for delays. Blu-rays from Netflix take about five days longer than usual. I waited for weeks for a check for an insurance claim and it never arrived. I had to set up an online deposit.

Of course, if Trump wins he'll claim responsibility for the election running smoothly with no problems and if he loses he will cry corruption and fraud. I was surprised to learn that in the 2016 presidential election 24.5% of voters cast their ballot by mail, a much higher than I would have guessed.
Five states (Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington) currently use total mail-in for elections.  And I think all but Utah are enemy states as seen by the orange monster. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 15, 2020, 06:03:52 PM
Five states (Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington) currently use total mail-in for elections.  And I think all but Utah are enemy states as seen by the orange monster.

No, all Americans are the enemy, according to some.  Others limit their ennui based on bigotry.  I hope that the total mail-in states are successful, in a legitimate way.  I am not really partisan (I was Independent the last 25 years), I don't consider them enemy, any more than I consider Alabama an enemy.  My daughter was born in Colorado.  You just need a Field of Dreams, to find your faith in America again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Dianne Feinstein's Husband Caught Up In Latest University Admissions Scandal" ... he was also involved in sweetheart deals to dispose of rural post offices.  Dems have been working for years to cripple the Post Office.  And Feinstein herself was closely involved with Chinese Intelligence for 20 years (her driver reported directly to Beijing).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.