Author Topic: The Hallowe'en 2020 Scary Thread  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: The Hallowe'en 2020 Scary Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
LOL, I see. Can't use the word 'hate' because it is blasphemous in my faith concerning the feline species but I really don't like Garfield, and lions. I have no idea why. I mean I can't help but love Greebo?

"Greebo is a cat in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. He is first introduced in Wyrd Sisters. He is a foul-tempered one-eyed grey tomcat whose human, Nanny Ogg, insists against all the evidence that he is a sweet, harmless kitten." ... Garfield is an asshole, not even a lovable one.  Once at the zoo, outside the cheetah pen, I heard the cheetahs meow ... adorable if you aren't running from them.  Scary short story I read years ago.  People develop virtual reality too well.  Parents go on a walking tour of the Serengeti ... they forget about the big cats there ;-(  This was written long before the always malfunctioning Holodeck on Star Trek.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
Greebo is not lovable. He is a serial rapist and a killer who chases wolves and bears because nothing is around when he is out. I think the only live organism he exercises some self awareness around is Esmeralda Weatherwax. LOL, like the rest of that world.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Offline Baruch

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2020, 05:26:08 PM »
Greebo is not lovable. He is a serial rapist and a killer who chases wolves and bears because nothing is around when he is out. I think the only live organism he exercises some self awareness around is Esmeralda Weatherwax. LOL, like the rest of that world.

My mom's orange tom cat, back in 1960, the dogs on the street went to the opposite site of the street to avoid him ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Online Mr.Obvious

• Atheist Mantis
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • The rules are made up, and the points don't matter
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2020, 06:23:42 PM »

Witches Abroad, methinks.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, requesting 69 last night.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Offline the_antithesis

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2020, 12:53:07 AM »
Scary short story I read years ago.  People develop virtual reality too well.  Parents go on a walking tour of the Serengeti ... they forget about the big cats there ;-(  This was written long before the always malfunctioning Holodeck on Star Trek.

The Veldt by Ray Bradbury.

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2020, 03:56:14 AM »
Witches Abroad, methinks.

Yes, thank you. Stories. Lilith. How did I forget?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:59:01 AM by drunkenshoe »
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari