California lowers penalty for having sex with a child

Started by Kibla92, September 04, 2020, 06:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Wow. Now you're claiming that homosexuality is a slippery slope to pedophilia? Fuck. You.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Kibla92

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 04, 2020, 06:49:14 PM
Wow. Now you're claiming that homosexuality is a slippery slope to pedophilia? Fuck. You.
Just quoting a historic talking point.
People in past said homosexuality is gonna make people marry animals or children... well. 2020, here you go

PickelledEggs

Consider this an official warning, Kibble. If I see one more bigoted remark like this, I'm giving you a mandatory vacation.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kibla92 on September 04, 2020, 06:46:48 PM
Guess people were right when they said. Homosexuality would go there in the past

https://www.foxla.com/news/new-california-bill-would-lower-penalties-for-adults-who-have-sexual-relations-with-a-minor
So, what you are saying is that you did not even read what you highlighted.  Figures. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 04, 2020, 06:49:14 PM

Munch noted a year ago that it is pedophiles (and other criminals) doing this slippery slope.  It isn't gays or straights promoting this.  Part of the "I got a beard but I am a woman so let me in the ladies lavatory" crowd.

Unless of course one is ignorant, and think that every non-standard sexual practice = gay, which is simply stereotyping.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Kibla92 on September 04, 2020, 06:46:48 PM
Guess people were right when they said. Homosexuality would go there in the past

https://www.foxla.com/news/new-california-bill-would-lower-penalties-for-adults-who-have-sexual-relations-with-a-minor

From Fox News? Really? In any case the article is false information, because according to the law it says a adult having sex with a minor is illegal. The only thing the bill does is slash unequal cases of being automatically branded a sex-offender from a sexist or homophobic law. The law is applicable only if the adult was within 10 years of age of the minor at the time the offense.

Example they give: If a 18 year-old man has sex with a 17 year-old man it is automatically observed as the 18 year old did a crime. Now if a 24 year old man had sex with a 15 year-old that case is not automatic and left up for the judge to decide.

Baruch

It was discussed some years ago, how old does X have to be compared to how young Y has to be, for it to count as pedophilia.  An arbitrary line has to be drawn.  Some teachers of kids don't like that arbitrary line.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 04, 2020, 11:44:59 PM
From Fox News? Really? In any case the article is false information, because according to the law it says a adult having sex with a minor is illegal. The only thing the bill does is slash unequal cases of being automatically branded a sex-offender from a sexist or homophobic law. The law is applicable only if the adult was within 10 years of age of the minor at the time the offense.

Example they give: If a 18 year-old man has sex with a 17 year-old man it is automatically observed as the 18 year old did a crime. Now if a 24 year old man had sex with a 15 year-old that case is not automatic and left up for the judge to decide.

I'm confused. So the law as it is now punishes an adult who is only one year older than the minor worse than an adult who is nine years older than the minor?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 05, 2020, 12:16:49 AM
I'm confused. So the law as it is now punishes an adult who is only one year older than the minor worse than an adult who is nine years older than the minor?

It is confusing.  This is probably a feature not a bug.  Basically instead of setting a fixed rule they created a sliding scale.  I don't see it as a problem, given that California is all nuts all the time anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 05, 2020, 12:16:49 AM

Yes. Also, there was discrimination of gay vs straight.

aitm

Age is decided by birth date, when the reality is that one may be only one day older than the younger.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 05, 2020, 02:06:40 AM
Yes. Also, there was discrimination of gay vs straight.

I don't approve of old men sniffing little girl's hair ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on September 05, 2020, 07:10:33 AM
Age is decided by birth date, when the reality is that one may be only one day older than the younger.

Exactly.  Or one can just control one's stupid gonads.  Masturbation has kept me out of jail.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 05, 2020, 09:41:16 AM
Exactly.  Or one can just control one's stupid gonads.  Masturbation has kept me out of jail.

The cop must've really enjoyed your handiwork.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.