News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How to Radicalize a Normie

Started by Blackleaf, September 04, 2020, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Ever wonder how people get sucked into the Alt-Right culture? Here's a very good video describing how it often happens. To summarize, people get stuck in a self-perpetuating cycle. The further one gets sucked in, the more rhetoric they adopt and repeat, the more isolated they become. When they are rejected for their rhetoric, they see this as evidence of the Liberal snowflakism. The Alt-Right are fueled by anger, which is preferable to them, because anger makes them feel empowered.

https://youtu.be/P55t6eryY3g

It's kind of a long video, so there's a lot more to it than what I've said. But after seeing it, I think I understand the Alt-Right culture a lot better. They're a lot like a cult in the way they works, only the way they recruit is more natural. They don't go out and recruit people to their cause, but they wait for people come to them, and those people get sucked in and red pilled before they realize what's happened.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Propaganda to the right of me, propaganda to the left of me.  Liars, all of them.  How much does a person gain in power or money ... by doing this brain washing?  Ask Edward Bernays, nephew of Sigmund Freud.

Tide is New & Improved, go out right now and buy some, or you are a Nazi!

Ever read Rules For Radicals by Saul Alinsky?  I bet you have ;-)

"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have. Power is derived from 2 main sources â€" money and people. 'Have-Nots' must build power from flesh and blood."
"Never go outside the expertise of your people."
"Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions."
"A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
"A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
"Keep the pressure on."
"The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist."
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside. Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog."
"The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions."

There are imitative works on the Right.  Monkey see, monkey do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

What is it Sunk cost fallacy? Pretty much the same thing. All in and deeper we go, easier to fall than climb.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cassia

It find it ironic when my friends talk of all sorts of political conspiracies and economics policy and they are paying credit card interest on 10k with 40k in a 0.01% bearing bank account. Or they pay for going over their data cap on their phones month after month. look at the fine print to find real conspiracy.

The median net worth excluding home equity of those who will be retiring soon is (45 â€" 54) pathetic:   $39,740. These folks will have to work till they drop or glom onto their kids after paying for their college degrees.

Keeping people financially ignorant and talking left/right is a real lucrative conspiracy strategy

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on September 05, 2020, 07:29:03 AM
What is it Sunk cost fallacy? Pretty much the same thing. All in and deeper we go, easier to fall than climb.

That is a great post.  Titanic quality.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on September 05, 2020, 09:29:08 AM
It find it ironic when my friends talk of all sorts of political conspiracies and economics policy and they are paying credit card interest on 10k with 40k in a 0.01% bearing bank account. Or they pay for going over their data cap on their phones month after month. look at the fine print to find real conspiracy.

The median net worth excluding home equity of those who will be retiring soon is (45 â€" 54) pathetic:   $39,740. These folks will have to work till they drop or glom onto their kids after paying for their college degrees.

Keeping people financially ignorant and talking left/right is a real lucrative conspiracy strategy

Exactly.  People can't balance their checkbooks, or care to.  Because "eat, drink and be merry ... for tomorrow we can vote in more goodies".  People on average were marginally intelligent for life 200 years ago, but in a more advanced society, we are idiots.  There is no political cure for this, just political exploitation by the Elite.  The only thing one can do is "don't stand in the line marked economic abattoir".  Democracy fails vs modernity.  And having high tech Caligula run things, is no answer either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.