News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stop Making God Mad

Started by Hydra009, September 01, 2020, 02:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on October 19, 2020, 07:01:06 AM
A few years ago sharing a drink and a pizza with some friends. It is a noisy place but I get asked "so what happened to you that you are so mad at gawd"? WTF? I was not in the mood and just pretended I didn't hear.

My Scotsman friend … if you think that G-d is responsible for everything, the death of his little girl was enough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

A few years ago sharing a drink and a pizza with some friends. It is a noisy place but I get asked "so what happened to you that you are so mad at gawd"? WTF? I was not in the mood and just pretended I didn't hear.

I don't know why it's so hard for Christians to understand the idea of, "I don't believe in any gods." But I wasn't any better when I was a Christian, either. I'm glad I got better.

Personally, I'm not mad at God. Obviously, because I don't believe he exists. But I do feel betrayed by those who made me believe in him. I feel wronged for wasting so much of my time and energy building a relationship with someone who doesn't even exist. So many emotions were tied up in my idea of God. I was trained to find comfort in him, even though I never heard a word from him. When my eyes were finally opened to the deception, I realized I was left with no one but myself, because I prioritized God over real people.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Your parents always betray you.  Those damn adults.  Have you killed your parents yet?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

If they were to ask me that question I'd ask them in return what happened to them to make them so mad at Santa Claus.

;-D
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman