News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stop Making God Mad

Started by Hydra009, September 01, 2020, 02:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on September 02, 2020, 04:24:09 PM
Nonbelievers are always more likely to see anything happens to them or in general as a result and consequences of countless variables
... plus your own influence.

[*whispers] That's included in the countless variables. [*whispers]
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Ha ... I am not projecting.  Psychology isn't covert theism.  Culture isn't covert racism.

Childish views of afterlife, are ... childish.  When y'all were babies you shit yourselves.  Can I denigrate you about that now?

I don't see reality as linear, I don't see identity as absolute.  I don't see life as rational.  But I don't expect to wake up after death, as a favorite Pokemon animal.  So what is it with adults who hate childishness, do they also hate children?  Adults do tend toward serious superiority complexes.  Part of the "I am a god compared to my ancestors" view.  Can you wake up and smell the insecurity underlying the superiority complex?  An adult is a senile psychotic baby.

In earliest times, we simply abandoned bodies out in the open for the carrion to eat, or for us to eat.  Eventually we Neanderthals (before modern man) had ceremonies and burials for leaders.  Later there were cremations but there still might be burial goods for the afterlife.  People would have  a wake in honor of the deceased.  Yes, all so primitive.  Materialists want to be as insensitive as pre-Neanderthals.  Like degenerate Planet Of The Apes humans, who have lost all culture, even language.

Modern man couldn't survive a week in nature ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPuXN6VYZQw
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Nothing like that look on the face of a child when you read them "Twas the night before Christmas". The same look that Christian adults have when they stare at the preacher. An hour after service the preacher is cuckolding his wife with the pool guy.

Are atheists superior? In that regard, why yes, we are by far. Of course I don't hate children. You just have to know how to cook them.

Baruch

All atheists LARP at being cannibals and satanists?  Haha.  And all clergy are sexual predators?  Really.  I love the look on adults watching their favorite sport team ... such primitive tribalism, that I am so much superior to ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on September 02, 2020, 08:56:46 PM
All atheists LARP at being cannibals and satanists?  Haha.  And all clergy are sexual predators?  Really.  I love the look on adults watching their favorite sport team ... such primitive tribalism, that I am so much superior to ;-)
We are scary and we like it that way...
I have a friend who is in the Jehovah Witness protection program. She says her ex-family all have that 100 mile stare from being completely brainwashed. Now that IS scary.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on September 02, 2020, 09:57:04 PM
We are scary and we like it that way...
I have a friend who is in the Jehovah Witness protection program. She says her ex-family all have that 100 mile stare from being completely brainwashed. Now that IS scary.

The JWs are something else, but they aren't very deep (so my Ex says).  Like Mormon missionaries are too.  There is a difference between knowledge and understanding.  Propaganda only works on knowledge (caging it).  Understanding defeats propaganda.  This is why the young make the best missionaries.  There are versions of this in the New Japanese religions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on September 02, 2020, 08:02:54 PM
Nothing like that look on the face of a child when you read them "Twas the night before Christmas". The same look that Christian adults have when they stare at the preacher. An hour after service the preacher is cuckolding his wife with the pool guy.

Are atheists superior? In that regard, why yes, we are by far. Of course I don't hate children. You just have to know how to cook them.

Very familiar. ... How they manage to resemble each other (with the other ones here) that much I have no idea. And that makes it more creepy and scary.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 02, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
Ha ... I am not projecting.  Psychology isn't covert theism.  Culture isn't covert racism.

Childish views of afterlife, are ... childish.  When y'all were babies you shit yourselves.  Can I denigrate you about that now?

I don't see reality as linear, I don't see identity as absolute.  I don't see life as rational.  But I don't expect to wake up after death, as a favorite Pokemon animal.  So what is it with adults who hate childishness, do they also hate children?  Adults do tend toward serious superiority complexes.  Part of the "I am a god compared to my ancestors" view.  Can you wake up and smell the insecurity underlying the superiority complex?  An adult is a senile psychotic baby.

You are a theist, not a deist. You do believe that the system is governed in some way which makes it hierarchical, with humans on top. That is superiority complex by definition. 

You don't like atheists because they come from a higher context in general. That is what you confuse with superiority complex. It's not feeling superior you idiot. It is just not feeling anything mumbo jumbo as in terms of you do. And also you can be sure atheists are the first lot to watch the impressions of their ancestors and get emotional with it. Considering just a small group of your lot got used to the monkey business and much much later...

And yes you are projecting.     

aitm

I have a very religious sister, who like most only reads the parts of the babble her minister uses as motivation to give more money. She once posted some bull shit about disasters et al, and I suggested we could insulate ourselves simply by riding around in a chariot with iron wheels.....no idea what I was talking about.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 03, 2020, 12:59:42 AM
You are a theist, not a deist. You do believe that the system is governed in some way which makes it hierarchical, with humans on top. That is superiority complex by definition. 

You don't like atheists because they come from a higher context in general. That is what you confuse with superiority complex. It's not feeling superior you idiot. It is just not feeling anything mumbo jumbo as in terms of you do. And also you can be sure atheists are the first lot to watch the impressions of their ancestors and get emotional with it. Considering just a small group of your lot got used to the monkey business and much much later...

And yes you are projecting.   

Correct.  You actually paid attention all these years ;-)  If you aren't a crown predator, then you are a very smart gerbil, not a human.  If you want to do a Buddha Jataka tale where you feel sorry for a mother tiger, and feed yourself to her, go ahead ;-))  I like everyone (laughs and tears), but I don't like what they do sometimes.  If you are a criminal, rebel, traitor, terrorist or some other sociopath, I recognize that as a mental illness, but I don't like what you do.

Yes, I am able, amateur that I am, to notice the obvious live psych tropes that people express.  These are lols.  The superstitious atheist, the crazy rationalist ... you, being a mature secular person ... just expressed that you are trans-human, beyond any psychology ... lol.  Your "critical theory" probably comes from a book written by Lysenko.

I assume people are freely expressing themselves, and I can't ignore the empirical evidence of their humanity.  Not projection, fact.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on September 03, 2020, 06:53:49 AM
I have a very religious sister, who like most only reads the parts of the babble her minister uses as motivation to give more money. She once posted some bull shit about disasters et al, and I suggested we could insulate ourselves simply by riding around in a chariot with iron wheels.....no idea what I was talking about.

Chariot with iron wheels?  So you are part of the army of Hazor under general Sisera?  Best you avoid Jewish girls named Deborah, or seek shelter in the tent of Jael!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 01, 2020, 10:52:40 PM
And he hates whatever his followers don't like.  Because if they said they dislike something, that's be a matter of subjective opinion and open to debate.  But if they said that an unchallengeable authority like God dislikes something, well then that's just a matter of fact and should be obeyed.

One of the opening scenes of the movie "Kingdom of Heaven". Gawd wills it. Gawd wills it. Gawd wills it
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on October 07, 2020, 10:56:35 PM
One of the opening scenes of the movie "Kingdom of Heaven". Gawd wills it. Gawd wills it. Gawd wills it

G-d does.  But I have yet to forgive ;-)  Looks like a case of cosmic irresponsibility.

Just finished watching the director's cut of that movie, after seeing a "reveal" about one of the characters I posted earlier.  Coincidence I assure you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"San Francisco archbishop holds exorcism where protesters toppled Junipero Serra statue" ... statue was projectile vomiting pea soup ;-)

On a similar note, some heretics defiled a Catholic altar, by having sex on it.  The altar will be burned.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

A few years ago sharing a drink and a pizza with some friends. It is a noisy place but I get asked "so what happened to you that you are so mad at gawd"? WTF? I was not in the mood and just pretended I didn't hear.