Was KKK originally a vigilante group aimed to protect south from north

Started by Kibla92, August 30, 2020, 03:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kibla92

After they lost Civil War.

South was pro slavery. North was for abolishment of slavery

Some argue KKK was made as a vigilante group to protect the losing south from north trying to demoralise them. But some said it was a way to kill blacks.
But isnt it possible that both may be right here?

I saw the movie "Birth of a Nation 1915" which helped KKK revival during 1900s. Although the guy who made the movie argued in positive favor of KKK back then, he didnt like the revival of KKK and didnt approve of it then.  So even if one argues the KKK used to be good, that lost all its meaning during 1900s.

I am just curious to your views on it?

Here is the movie

And here is the interview

Baruch

Two versions of KKK.  First is by Nathan Bedford Forrest (1865-1875), to fight the Yankee occupation/Reconstruction, organized similar to Freemasons.  Died out with withdrawal of Yankee occupation and institution of Jim Crow.  Second was 1920-1975 ... after Birth Of A Nation.  Was caused by massive foreign immigration which was ended in 1920, because of anarchist/communist scare.  Also offense against Black regiments of US in WW I.  President Wilson brought segregation to Washington DC for the first time.  Gun ownership restriction was pre-Civil War to keep free Blacks from being armed, had nothing to do with liberalism.  At that same time, turn of century, there was a drug scare, that drugs were being used by Black men to seduce White women (see Bill Cosby).  The original war on drugs was mounted for conspiracy theory racist reasons.  War against MJ was based on Big Tobacco objecting to drop is profits during Depression.  Follow the money!

My mother's father and his father were part of the 2nd KKK.  They did participate in an accused Black criminal lynching in Kansas.

There are quite a few John Browns here who would rob, rape and murder every Southern White ... because ... just like the New England psychopaths of 1860.  Leftists are closest to Puritan Christianity, minus Jesus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

For some reason that bullshit reminds me something real from today. The muslim minorities in Europe moving to one block and when they get the majority, creating young male vigilantes -sometimes armed with bats- to stop the people who are wearing shorts, miniskirts, or lovers walking hand in hand, hugging and kissing; people of that country acting according to their own culture, from going through 'their' streets telling them that they can act that way in a muslim neighbourghoud because you know, they're 'demoralising' the community. Hmmm.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

I don't give a shit about what the KKK's original intentions were.  And discussing the undocumented hearsay as to the origins of the clan is pointless mental masturbation:

"But, but, but...  Aren't you even interested in this, if only on an intellectual level?!"
"No, not at all."

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 04, 2020, 05:38:16 AM
For some reason that bullshit reminds me something real from today. The muslim minorities in Europe moving to one block and when they get the majority, creating young male vigilantes -sometimes armed with bats- to stop the people who are wearing shorts, miniskirts, or lovers walking hand in hand, hugging and kissing; people of that country acting according to their own culture, from going through 'their' streets telling them that they can act that way in a muslim neighbourghoud because you know, they're 'demoralising' the community. Hmmm.

Mea Shearim ultraorthodox Jews do the same things ;-)  Adopt Middle Eastern values or die, infidels/gentiles.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

When a region is occupied or oppressed, it is generally the most radical who form the nucleus of the opposition.  That is why the Ayatollah was able to lead the Iranian revolution against the Shah.

Saying the original KKK was primarily against Northern occupation doesn't say they were any less radical in other ways.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on September 06, 2020, 02:53:22 PM
When a region is occupied or oppressed, it is generally the most radical who form the nucleus of the opposition.  That is why the Ayatollah was able to lead the Iranian revolution against the Shah.

Saying the original KKK was primarily against Northern occupation doesn't say they were any less radical in other ways.

There is less cadre, if you don't exile them to Siberia (Bolsheviks) or France (Ayatolla) .. if you shoot them outright.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on September 04, 2020, 11:33:13 AM
Mea Shearim ultraorthodox Jews do the same things ;-)  Adopt Middle Eastern values or die, infidels/gentiles.

I don't give a fuck who does it where. You don't get to emigrate a country because you think it is a better place than where you were born and then impose your own dark age culture which is the main reason your native-country has been in deep shit.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for those minorities insisting on creating their little middle east circles in a foreign land with...bbut but it is my religion, my culture and then whine and bitch, screaming 'reliigous freedom' when they face the consequences.

Nobody is above the law and everybody has to adapt if they want to survive.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 07, 2020, 04:32:10 AM
I don't give a fuck who does it where. You don't get to emigrate a country because you think it is a better place than where you were born and then impose your own dark age culture which is the main reason your native-country has been in deep shit.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for those minorities insisting on creating their little middle east circles in a foreign land with...bbut but it is my religion, my culture and then whine and bitch, screaming 'reliigous freedom' when they face the consequences.

Nobody is above the law and everybody has to adapt if they want to survive.

The Han Chinese disagree.  Build the New Silk Road, get 100 million Chinese at no extra cost (fortune cookies extra).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 07, 2020, 07:42:58 PM

Because anyone not you, is KKK, and must be destroyed.  So those of us who are not you, are concerned.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.