Subtlety Anti Religious Music/Videos

Started by Cassia, August 30, 2020, 09:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

That was some powerful stuff by Alanis ! What a voice, too.
Yeah, the west coast on fire and like 4 tropical storms on the east coast we now realize the effects of leaving everything to the hands of the gawds. Propagate till the pond is full and the gasping has begun. My brother kept the family genes moving forward. I did not, a decision I do not regret in spite of all the pressure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHh0V7UjVXI

Draconic Aiur

Cassia

"Disturbed" is so tight, like down to the uS. Incredible. Never knew Rush could get so dark sounding and that is a good thing.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Cassia on September 11, 2020, 01:04:18 PM
"Disturbed" is so tight, like down to the uS. Incredible. Never knew Rush could get so dark sounding and that is a good thing.

All Rush's songs are about people.

Draconic Aiur

Cassia

Teachers told us the Romans built this place.
They built a wall and a temple at an edge of the empire garrison town.
They lived and they died.
They prayed to their gods, but their stone gods did not make a sound.
And their empire crumbled 'till all that was left
Were the stones the workmen found.
All this time the river flowed in the falling light of a northern sun.
If I had my way, take a boat from the river.
Men go crazy in congregations, they only get better one by one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LdUme7QZLY

Baruch

Sounds rather Abrahamic, if not Christian.  Smart people all worship money, particularly gold.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

What "Hero" looked like after getting the arrow shirt ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

bob nelson

I'm happy to say that my views on religion are a bit better defined than most people who are also atheists. I have a very strong hatred of all organized religions,especially the one I'm exposed to on a daily basis. My wife of 38 years and both of our kids and their families are hard-core christians. Ihave to look at it and hear about it every time we have a get-together. It took a lot of talking and listening to one another before we agreed to "dis-agree" on the subject. Like the old saying, no "religion or politics". My musical tastes have gotten darker and angrier as Ive gotten older(61). Ididn't "mellow out" like most people. I've always been a metalhead and I like classical as well. Maybe that's why I love black metal and death metal so much,very anti-religious and anti-mainstream.If you want to see some real anti-religious music, look no further than DARK FUNERAL,MARDUK,WATAIN,INQUISITION,OR ROTTING CHRIST. Id be interested in hearing from any fellow metal-heads.

bob nelson

I can't believe that I left BEHEMOTH off the list! Amazing music from all of these bands. Check them out and watch their video's. Black-metal is the definition of 'anti-religious" music.

Mike Cl

Quote from: bob nelson on October 19, 2020, 04:43:33 PM
My musical tastes have gotten darker and angrier as Ive gotten older(61). Ididn't "mellow out" like most people.
I guess I've aged somewhat similar to how you are aging.  I'm a few years older (75) but have not 'aged' as most.  I started out fairly conservative in both political and emotional ways.  As I've grown older, seen more and experienced more, I've become much more liberal and anti establishment.  Much more anti religious, especially of the organized type.  ALL organized religions end up being dangerous and evil.   Typically, I was told, people start out more liberal, rebel for awhile and then become more religious and conservative in outlook.  I'm doing that in an opposite manner.  But with music, I find I still like what I did 50/60 years ago with a bit of Enigma, Celtic Women, and  woven in--some classical, and a tiny bit of metal of the AC/DC type.  Heavy/death metal is too oppressive for me.  But tastes do differ in the world of music.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Celtic Woman was very good, 10 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: bob nelson on October 19, 2020, 04:50:58 PM
I can't believe that I left BEHEMOTH off the list! Amazing music from all of these bands. Check them out and watch their video's. Black-metal is the definition of 'anti-religious" music.
I'll look into them. I like a bit of metal in the mornings. I really like this shoegaze sounding song by Callisto

The trees are grey here
The soil is damp and cold
His senses are filled with drought
After his flee from the temple
Rites made him shiver from fear
Now waiting for someone
To proclaim salvation
His price has been paid

https://youtu.be/zFWdRLIeKc0