Moral hypocrisy of left wingers in USA "Karen meme"

Started by Kibla92, August 29, 2020, 03:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kibla92

I know its meant to make fun of females who make problems on a ridiculous unnecesary levels. But people often attach this to tough females who can also be conservatives.

So what i understand is. Misogony is wrong... if you arent left winger. Then its totally cool. There is this moral hypocrisy i just hate about left wingers in general.
Although interestingely enough. Wikipedia doesnt have an article on "Soyboy".. Which is interesting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(pejorative)

Edit: oh... they actually do now. Cool!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_boy

Baruch

Quote from: Kibla92 on August 29, 2020, 03:13:11 PM
I know its meant to make fun of females who make problems on a ridiculous unnecesary levels. But people often attach this to tough females who can also be conservatives.

So what i understand is. Misogony is wrong... if you arent left winger. Then its totally cool. There is this moral hypocrisy i just hate about left wingers in general.
Although interestingely enough. Wikipedia doesnt have an article on "Soyboy".. Which is interesting

Don't forget the Kevins (male Karens).  People are irrational, so hypocrisy isn't sinful, just delusional.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

"And if your eye got poked out in this life
Would it be waiting up in heaven with your wife?"

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on August 29, 2020, 06:30:23 PM
"And if your eye got poked out in this life
Would it be waiting up in heaven with your wife?"

??
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

+
Do you ever make sense???!  Even to yourself...............
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

How does one make a general statement of females relative to a minuscule fraction and proclaim it to be misogynistic in general?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Karen is a slang for self entitled, often racist and sexist, angry white women. So left has a point. 

Soy boy is a red pill term which is fundamentally right wing. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on August 29, 2020, 08:55:31 PM
How does one make a general statement of females relative to a minuscule fraction and proclaim it to be misogynistic in general?

Identity politics works that way.  Whichever maniac can shout the loudest ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 29, 2020, 09:41:52 PM
Karen is a slang for self entitled, often racist and sexist, angry white women. So left has a point. 

Soy boy is a red pill term which is fundamentally right wing.

White women need to rise up and exterminate their enemies ...

Anyone not Marxist = Right wing aka anyone not part of the CCP narrative
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I agree that "Karen" is a misogynist insult. Conservatives claim they don't tolerate misogyny, progressives claim they don't tolerate misogyny, so why is it hypocritical for progressives to use the term "Karen" but not conservatives? If you believe conservatives DO tolerate misogyny then the question becomes is it better to aspire to treat women with respect and fail or to not even try.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 29, 2020, 11:29:49 PMI agree that "Karen" is a misogynist insult.
Gotta disagree with that.  It's merely a convenient shorthand used to shame people for being obnoxious, self-entitled idiots (sexist in roughly the same way that calling someone a "dick" is sexist).  Note that the condemnation is in response how someone is behaving, not what they are (unlike racial or gender slurs).  And as far as I'm concerned, it's a unisex term.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 29, 2020, 09:41:52 PMKaren is a slang for self entitled, often racist and sexist, angry white women. So left has a point.
And not just that (asking for unearned privileges is bad enough), but demanding in ways that are either impractical or impossible to satisfy.

One example I saw recently was a car driving the wrong way demanding that everyone else on the road turn around.  Or attempting to drive through a bicycle race and being upset at being told that the road was closed and demanding to be let through anyway (which would be inherently unsafe)

aitm

Yeah, I don’t see how one equates a Karen with misogyny. All “crips” are black, but to say all black are crips is racist, saying all crips are crips is not.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Guys, Western culture(s) should stop seeing themselves in a giant mirror, asap. Something very simple going on based on the most primitive dynamics but a majority of people act like this is some invented problem of identity politics. There is this comical assumption I see everywhere on the English net that as if in Europe or the US societies basic gender norms are 'abolished' (lol whatever that means) and gender dynamics work differently. They don't.

These women do act this way, because they are white and female. They see themselves as privileged and untouchable above other citizens because of that very identity. 'Race', yes, but gender first. They're exploiting the fact that women can act in various ways in society and get away with it while men can't. This is coming from a very primitive, unwritten social rule. Women and men are treated differently. Do we really need to discuss how and why?

If a man acts that way, sooner or later he'll get a broken nose. Nobody will stop and think if he is strong enough to defend himself. (Let's remind that a lot of men aren't.) A woman will highly likely get away with it on a regular basis. It's as simple as this. There isn't anything complicated behind this invented to target women.

They do not just exist in the US culture alone as I have said before. We have Karens without any White, Black or Hispanic communities. And they have the exact same profile with the American Karens. They have white(er) skin and belong to a certain socio-economical class. They act exactly the same.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp