News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Romantic Love

Started by Cassia, August 23, 2020, 07:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

As one is getting older, his or her romanticsm keeps loosing its sharpness and sex takes place of it.

Romanticism requires one love only.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on August 24, 2020, 11:24:21 AM
Oddly enough, the younger males in the family are not pursuing serious relationships at all. The are aware of the 'going your own way' thing going around but say they are not into that. They just say they don't wanna be tied down right now and prefer to keep it casual. The landscape is changing, with people waiting longer to have families.

Here, even younger females of a certain class act the same way. But honestly I'm not sure -male or female- if they do it because they really think/believe in that or just adapting to some new age fashion blindly.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Oddly enough, the younger males in the family are not pursuing serious relationships at all. The are aware of the 'going your own way' thing going around but say they are not into that. They just say they don't wanna be tied down right now and prefer to keep it casual. The landscape is changing, with people waiting longer to have families.
And I think the societal attitude that if married, children must follow, is also changing.  I love my daughters, both biological and step, but if I were given the opportunity to go back and chose to have children or not, I may opt for 'not'.  That is not to say I don't deeply love my daughters.  Yes, children do complicate things every now and again.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 24, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
As one is getting older, his or her romanticsm keeps loosing its sharpness and sex takes place of it.

I see it as the opposite.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

I don't love my gf because she loves me. I love her for who she is. For nine years now.
The fact that she loves me back is an amazing bonus.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what OP meant, but...
In any case. It's not altruism, imho. Nor is parental love.
It's simply a mandatory non-optional part of being, which coincidentally rules.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

This is because of dystopia.  Women have biological clocks, men don't.  If you can't be a MAN (aka income and looks and personality) then you might as well become a desert marauder like on Tatouine.  With government as sugar daddy, no ordinary man can compete.  Welfare is the death of marriage and men wanting to sacrifice anything for women or children.  Just F around, let the government pick up the check.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 24, 2020, 11:28:12 AM

Example, Ottoman Sultan, or King Solomon, aren't Chad.  They are pathetic sex maniacs.  Yes, monogamous relationship is the only way to go.  I feel the same way about JFK or Bill Clinton … losers both of them.

Don't think you have this in Islam, but in European romanticism, it is a knight's longing for the unobtainable representative of the Virgin Mary.  No, you can pledge your troth to the Virgin Mary, and she can appreciate it from afar, but you aren't marrying her.  Same deal if it is your human lord's wife, no touchy!  This plays into the love tryst between Abelard and Heloise.  A Persian like Rumi gets this though.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2020, 08:59:32 PM
This is because of dystopia.  Women have biological clocks, men don't.  If you can't be a MAN (aka income and looks and personality) then you might as well become a desert marauder like on Tatouine.  With government as sugar daddy, no ordinary man can compete.  Welfare is the death of marriage and men wanting to sacrifice anything for women or children.  Just F around, let the government pick up the check.
No doubt the trend towards egalitarianism will change the nature of romance. Never a fan of Jesus or anyone else having to sacrifice themselves. I remember looking at the guy with the great abs nailed to a cross and thinking...I never asked anyone to die for me or my sins. Egalitarianism might be the real wedge causing this great divide between those who think a new way is possible and those who think there has to be a great evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8rHfuN8rk

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on August 23, 2020, 09:21:07 PM
Romantic love, imo, is a man with an erection and a woman who believes he wants her for her personality. Men rarely get romantic live if it is not going to be followed by a little hibbety- jibbety.
Is that what the young folks are calling it these days?

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 24, 2020, 12:41:57 PM
I see it as the opposite.

He is very young. LOL I love watching men with great age difference disagreeing about love. And some pretending as if it doesn't change at all...cough aitm cough...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Egalitarianism?  Both are bi, and any date is dutch?  Rooooomaaantic.  How about a pair of opposite tranies?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 25, 2020, 02:38:32 AM
He is very young. LOL I love watching men with great age difference disagreeing about love. And some pretending as if it doesn't change at all...cough aitm cough...

you think the age of 32 is very young?
i recommend you to study again what it was to be young, for example, 40 years ago.

my inner reality dictates me to be poligamous.

but you women have taught to the men that to be monogamus is the right and ethic thing to do.

we the men must save ourselves from the teachings of the women.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 25, 2020, 01:41:47 PM
i recommend you to study again what it was to be young, for example, 40 years ago.

but you women have taught to the men that to be monogamus is the right and ethic thing to do.

Real Turks take their women for involuntary horseback rides ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 25, 2020, 01:41:47 PM

LOL I thought you were a twenty something but now you sound like a teenager.

Deidre32

What you describe isn’t love. It’s just as you say - ego stroking and such. Love is sacrificing. And when you find someone special to connect with, you’ll gladly make sacrifices together. I never believed in love tbh, until I met someone who changed my mind on it all.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi