There is an organized order, so there must be an organizer?

Started by SoldierofFortune, August 07, 2020, 11:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quantum mechanics isn't complete disorder, it is structured probability.  That structure is "the order" aka Schroedinger Equation etc.  Relativity also follows a classical non-probability order per its equations.  But that doesn't imply, by itself, that there was any physicist involved ;-)  In most classical situations, turbulence happens (aka Chaos) but that isn't completely disordered either (attractors).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 10, 2020, 11:19:07 AM
yeap, it was the only organiser back in your days :D

an old but gold organiser...

however in the context i want to open the discussion, it is no alaka.

Analoji kuramadığın için espriyi de göremiyorsun tabii. Neyse önemsiz. Türkiye'de çok popüler diye aktardığın soru, dünyanın her yerinde en çok rastlanan, en eski safsata. Bu forumda sayısız kere açılmış bir başlık.

Düzen müzen yok. Akıllı canlının etrafına bakıp birbirine bağlayarak doğaya yamadığı yorumlar var.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 14, 2020, 03:29:16 AM
Analoji kuramadığın için espriyi de göremiyorsun tabii. Neyse önemsiz. Türkiye'de çok popüler diye aktardığın soru, dünyanın her yerinde en çok rastlanan, en eski safsata. Bu forumda sayısız kere açılmış bir başlık.

Düzen müzen yok. Akıllı canlının etrafına bakıp birbirine bağlayarak doğaya yamadığı yorumlar var.

Yeah! What she said!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

LOL you do agree with it. Translation: "order, shmorder...oldest bullshit in the book."
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

There is just enough order for me to be happy and just enough disorder for me to profit. This morning I threw close to $50,000.00 into Telsa common stock for 247 seconds. Thanks Elon, you wierdo. The ask price went up by 0.8% for $368 net. I only do this peak clipping a few times a week. Monday was even better. Good hairdressers ain't cheap, LOL. Making my fun money on volitivity and chaos is just so wrong. Jesus would be so disappointed. Reminds me of an affair or something.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on August 14, 2020, 10:35:22 AM
There is just enough order for me to be happy and just enough disorder for me to profit. This morning I threw close to $50,000.00 into Telsa common stock for 247 seconds. Thanks Elon, you wierdo. The ask price went up by 0.8% for $368 net. I only do this peak clipping a few times a week. Monday was even better. Good hairdressers ain't cheap, LOL. Making my fun money on volitivity and chaos is just so wrong. Jesus would be so disappointed. Reminds me of an affair or something.
So how much is that per hour?  I actually tried to calculate that, but had a massive brain fart, so I said, "Fuck it," and gave up.  Having said that, I'll further derail that post, by saying that I sat in a Tesla in a temporary showroom in Chicago.  It was solid and luxurious.  I think it's the car of the not too distant future, whether you like Elon Musk or not.  I think the only bug in that car is the society we live in.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 14, 2020, 03:29:16 AM

He has no order?  Have you re-read some of your longer posts? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on August 14, 2020, 10:35:22 AM

Trading on volatility?  Better than buying high and selling low ;-)  Congratulations on guessing well.  A good general has luck as a constant companion, until he doesn't (see Julius Caesar).  Don't financial trade on March 15!

If there is no order in the market, then Jim Simons isn't a billionaire!!  Quants use Quantum Mechanics to unravel the order hidden within the disorder of finance.

Again, the existence of humans proves the failure of random materialism.  It is very hard to actually make something truly random, used to make keys for government encryption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpPg4ew4E4

If encryption was truly random, it couldn't be decrypted by its recipients.  The art of cryptology is how to well hide order within disorder.  People do this, not turbulent fluids etc (that would be anthropomorphism, but I approve of this, being an anthropoid myself).  The idea that there is no designer in a turbulent fluid doesn't prove that a human isn't a designer of human things  Basic logic failure otherwise.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

If there is a difference between assertations from anything called a religion and anything called a cult, I fail to see it. Passage of time and quantity of followers is irrelevant when it comes to unsupported claims. A burning bush, gold tablets by dictation in the Southwestern US, a 3-day dead risen man, an alien craft behind a comet, an 8-armed elephant-headed creature, it makes no difference. Grow the fuck up already, LOL.

SGOS

I like the con artist/relgion video.

I agree that religion feeds off of peoples' need for meaning, because people say it does.  I don't believe it's true for everyone, and certainly not for me.  One of the most common philosophical questions is, "What is the meaning of life?"  This is the fallacy of begging the question in that it assumes life has meaning.  Maybe life has meaning, but maybe not.  You don't just assume that it does, and build from there.  Personally, I've never experienced a lack of meaning with the exception of a handful of times when I've wondered about it.  Why did I wonder?  Well, because I was allowing myself to be trapped the the fallacy of begging the question.  In the end, I simply had better things to do, and that is enough meaning to satisfy me.

Of course, it's different strokes for different folks.  Maybe going to college, learning how to find contentment, or figuring out which ski slope will be the most interesting one at the moment is not enough for everyone, and I give them my blessing, but I think finding meaning in a fantasy needs to be balanced.  Sure I find meaning in the Superman, as the stories resonate with many things in my subconscious, but it's not necessary to devote my life to Superman, because there's lots of other things I can do that add to the richness of being.  Also in regards to the video, cults are cults, whether they are billion dollar enterprises or just some local zealots performing sex rituals once a week.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on November 25, 2020, 08:34:08 AM
If there is a difference between assertations from anything called a religion and anything called a cult, I fail to see it.

Experts may disagree but I think of a cult as formed around a single individual who is alive. There is a difference between someone telling their followers what to do and people interpreting what a deceased or fictional individual said.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 25, 2020, 09:57:43 AM
Experts may disagree but I think of a cult as formed around a single individual who is alive. There is a difference between someone telling their followers what to do and people interpreting what a deceased or fictional individual said.
Often the term 'cult' is used to denigrate a group other than your own; 'Those catholics are cult members! (while my Baptist chruch is not)
I see organized religions as simply a large collection of mini cults.  In just about every church I've been in for awhile, has a minister or priest who is given cult-leader status in that when any religious questions come up, they are the go-to person and the answer they give is 'gospel'. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 25, 2020, 10:41:17 AM
Often the term 'cult' is used to denigrate a group other than your own; 'Those catholics are cult members! (while my Baptist chruch is not)
I see organized religions as simply a large collection of mini cults.  In just about every church I've been in for awhile, has a minister or priest who is given cult-leader status in that when any religious questions come up, they are the go-to person and the answer they give is 'gospel'.

In academia, the difference between cult (illegitimate) and cultus (legitimate).  Same as the difference between terrorist (legitimate) and government (legitimate).

Society is based on con jobs, starting with your parents.  Commerce and politics are complete con jobs bigger than religion (except Marxism).  Marxism also worships a dead man (since Marx' death) see also Leninism and Maoism and their Pharaonicly preserved corpses.  This is why Hitler's body was party burned, then buried under a garage floor in Magdeburg (maybe) and why Osama's body was dumped into the Indian Ocean.

In Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity they have had "saints" relics from before Constantine and Buddha's bone relics in stupas ... so "old time religion" involved dead people on a regular basis (they all voted Dem).  The Pyramids are testimony to this.  But modern grown up people are cave men with smart phones ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

There are caves where giant crystals grow, with perfectly straight edges. No god needed. One can, if one wishes, try to force order on ever odder things, but that would just prove that one is an anal jerk.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers