News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Liberal---Conservative

Started by Mike Cl, July 27, 2020, 10:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Good percentage, diversify, diversify

My go to economist, the one, the only (of 6 in the world) who predicted the 2008 crisis, because he isn't a political shill ...

http://www.profstevekeen.com

Dynamic systems analysis (chaos theory) as a tool for economics, not just statistics and overly simple assumptions.  Basically, you have to take private debt and corporate debt into the equations (which involve derivatives and integrals, not just lineal intersections) not just government debt.  Government debt accelerates the economy like a sugar rush, but private and corporate debt neutralize that stimulus.

In our time period, political-economy is dominated by massive states with powerful governments.  Economics in that case is interpreted to meet the needs of governments and banks, not meet the needs of people and commerce.  In this culture also, it is assumed that states and governments and banks have nearly omnipotent powers. where they toot the tune, and the people and commerce dance (think Yosemite Sam vs Bugs Bunny),
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on August 28, 2020, 02:48:15 PM
Our financial advisor chuckled a bit when we bought some 3 year, 4.2% brokered CDs last year. Those suckers are paying the bills. I thought about selling them in April after the crash and to buy up some total stock market, however it is hard giving up the sure income that allows me to day trade.
I've got a couple of I Bonds like that from almost 20 years ago.  What seemed like marginal interest then, seems extraordinary now.  But I'm not interested in the stock market, even if I should be.  I don't like watching the market, and taking a hit on Bonds is worth it to me.  My banker talked me into opening a money market account because she thought I had too much in checking.  She did some calculations, and it was better than nothing, so I transferred $20,000 to their money market.  It wasn't a gold mine, but $50 a month was, well.... better than nothing.  At six months, the monthly interest dropped to 58 cents, so I called the bank.  She told me that other interest rate was only for six months.  I apparently didn't read the fine print, and she apparently didn't feel like it was necessary to point that out.

Back during the early Reagan years, when the stock market stagnated year after year (because of high interest rates), I was in a money market fund that paid 17% interest if I remember correctly.  But when Paul Volker got inflation under control, the rates dropped quickly and I dumped the fund, but when I dumped it, it was still paying way more than the 1% or less we see today.

I'd be happy with some 4.2% CDs today.

Baruch

The fall in interest on savings was deliberate, by the Fed/Treasury in 2008/2009.  It is the new normal, so that the government can expand the money supply (and stimulate non-main-street spending).  It was never meant to benefit average person.  The expanded money supply (see subsequent QE including this year) is designed to give the Elite a false sense of wealth and security.  They don't take that money and spend it, they use it indirectly because it bolsters their credit and power rating (see Dragonball Z).  The "rentier" class gets to spend more, but that is a small part of employment, and not much protection because financial services has let go lots of people every year since 2008.

This is why they economy took 10 years to recover ... the tax payer had to pay for all those Elite bailouts (which were needed because the Elite had put all their money into speculation like underwater basket weaving and CDS and mortgage-backed-trash.  The crap on the Fed balance sheet was parked there, to alleviate a buyer's market.  My mother never got much interest after 2008, lost $50k in one of her funds, and had to cannibalize her assets (because SS didn't cover enough).  She wasn't elite enough, though she though she was (Little Orphan Annie).  Basically $14 trillion was added to the credit card by Bush/Obama or over $42k per person in the US.  Have you paid off your Fed Card yet?  Good thing they weren't aggressive in shaking down the deplorables!  But they are coming!!  The government is a protection racket for the Elite.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"NYC Landlords Wage War Against Remote Working" ... guess they elected the wrong mayor

"Federal Court Rules In Favor Of Sarah Palin's Defamation Lawsuit Against The New York Times" ... sue them into penury

"ESG (environmental, social, and governance) Is The Folly Of "Woke Capitalism"" ... kick all the liberal arts majors out of your company while you still can!

"A sign of a Marxist government is that they let criminals go and arrest political enemies" - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Putin Gives the Middle Finger to Gates and the Marxist UN Agenda" ... Dems against Russia but not China?  Why?  Because Russia is no longer Communist.

"Cloward-Piven Strategy To Destroy America Resurgent Amid BLM/Antifa-Led Riots" ... the treasonous swamp is old and deep

The Black Panthers/Weathermen were the rioters/terrorists working for the Dems in the 1965-75 period.  Brown shirts then and now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"North Korea Allegedly Broadcasts Spy Messages Over YouTube" ... bwahaha.  Of course they do, so shut down YouTube, it is a tool of Evil

"Robocop Is Here - New "Smart" Police Helmet Scans For COVID-19 & Uses Facial Recognition" ... like Robocop.  But I want 1970s Cylons, with Gort level laser eye slit.

"College Director: "Every White Person In This Country Is Racist"" .. be racist now!  Fire all the druggy profs.

"Kamala Unleashing Her Demon Army" ... per Scott Adams (Dilbert) ... Chicago, Kenosha etc are portals to Hell.

Obama was born in the US, but was a Kenyan, politically.  Maxist and post-colonialist, anti-Western ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9nXxKt4F_4

Recent apologetics ... “In defense of looting” countered with “In defense of shooting”
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"California To Set Up Task Force To Examine Slavery Reparations" ... Californicators can pay my share

"NPR Is Openly Promoting A Book That Celebrates And Encourages Looting" ... cancel NPR

"California's Radical Brainwashing Curriculum Soon To Be Mandatory" ... I am not ashamed of what I didn't do myself

"Watch As Democrats Spend Four Years Fantasizing About Riots, Assassination And Violent Chaos" ... psychopaths must psycho

Dems "abandon the working class and hope the non-whites will be happy with ego-stroking identity based nonsense." ... but both sides are controlled by the Elites, who are good leaders like Caligula, Nero, Commodus, Elegabalus.

In the 21st century you need to drop old terms ... for new terms ...

"Bio-Leninism: Deleuzian hypothesis that society is a conflict between the aesthetically-ugly and the capitally-successful.

Bio-Leninism is a transverse-Marxist (Deleuzian) connector of Focault (bio politics) and Marx.

BioLeninism proffers that rather than a conflict between rich and poor; politics is a conflict between the rich and ugly.

The Cathedral: Describes the broadly left leaning 'media academia complex' in which Western Liberal democracy is steeped. In broad terms, the juxtaposition of cultural Marxism and what is seen as democracy’s intrinsic tyranny where takers get to out vote makers.

It is a term coined by dark enlightenment bloggers and gaining increasingly widespread usage.

Since the Cathedral has ascended to global supremacy, it no longer has need for Founding Fathers, who awkwardly recall its parochial ancestry, and impede its transnational public relations. Rather, it seeks perpetual re-invigoration through their denigration. The phenomenon of the ‘New Atheism’, with its transparent progressive affiliations, attests abundantly to this. Paleo-puritanism must be derided in order for neo-puritanism to flourish â€" the meme is dead, long live the meme!"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"BBC Backs Down: Patriotic Lyrics Will Be Sung At Last Night Of The Proms" ... privatize the BBC, let Labour pay for it

""We Will Never Give Up": Charlie Hebdo Republishes Mohammed Cartoons" ... Yellow Jackets put courage back into French backbone

"NJ Plans To Use HFT Tax To Pay For "Social Justice" Agenda" .. not against regulation and taxation of the financial scams ... "I think I missed the top by an hour. I bought $6 billion worth of tech stocks... and in six weeks I had left Soros and I had lost $3 billion in that one play..." ... reminisced speculator Drukenmiller.

"In George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel “1984,” protagonist Winston wonders whether he is the only person who retains a real memory and doubts the narrative of The Party..." ... The New Normal = The Memory Hole .. cancel culture vs tradition and history

Populism in 2016 and now "...ruling class would hurt Americans for “daring to reject their mastery.”" ... same with GB.  The Sauron Eye of Caligula never sleeps!

"Nick Sandmann's Lawyer Will SUE Twitter and CEO Jack Dorsey For Censorship , Discover BANS Donations" ... over tweet about raising funds for Kyle Rittenhouse (also represented by Mr Wood) ... sue the Dem institutions into bankruptcy ... US doesn't use guillotine, we use ambulance chasing lawyers ... ieee

"US Court Vindicates Snowden Leaks - Rules NSA Mass Surveillance "Illegal" & Officials Lied " .. those judges will find a horses head in bed with them
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""I Absolutely Cancel Myself": GW Professor Under Investigation After Disclosing That She Is Not Black" ... Dolezal strikes again
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"NSA MASS SURVEILLANCE RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL... NO DUH!" ... bipartisan critical theory

"UCLA students urge replacement of top computer science professor" ... he didn't take the knee or suck BLM cock ... just burn the colleges down, Lysenkoism is not worth a dime

"Migrant children at border should be in HHS shelters, not hotels, judge rules" ... technical change, in UK they put up fake-refugees who illegally enter the country, in 4-star hotels

"Air Force veteran quits supermarket job after he was told he can’t wear an American flag mask to work" ... I bet they would allow a BLM logo mask

"Greenwald Exposes Journalism's New Propaganda Tool: Using "Confirmed" To Mean Its Opposite" ... just like they all jumped on the false bandwagon of the MAGA-hat boy a few years ago.  Any university selling a journalism degree should be forced to refund the money to all the students in that major.

"Ivy League Schools Cause BIG Problems, Slowing Their Government Money Will Help STOP Indoctrination" ... Michael Malice suggested that their whole endowment be confiscated, and given to the poor people directly.

"Neil Wallis: 'Extinction Rebellion are all middle class University woke lefties'" ... GB needs to empty their universities too.  Only let students into college if they can pass a loyalty oath to the Queen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"No-Go-Zones: A Guide To Western Failed States & European Secessionist Movements" ... see a pattern?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Part of the problem with defining "liberal" and "conservative" is that the meanings change not only with respect to time but with geography.  Boris Johnson is considered conservative with respect to the UK, but I'm pretty sure that were he in the US he would not be all that conservative.

Also the temporal and geographic differences are complicated by the very different history of the United States versus Europe.  In Europe, looking to a bygone golden era leads back to kings.  In the US, looking back to a bygone golden era leads back to a state of such reduced government it would scare the piss out of any modern progressive.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Yes, but Newspeak ... words are weapons.  Take a 2x4 and put nails in it, and whack away.

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever." - Aristophanes

"Intellectuals of the world unite! We have nothing to lose but our brains!" - Aldous Huxley

Liberalism today = Marxism in blackface, like Justin Trudeau, PM of the cringest Anglo country.

"Former NYT Reporter Challenges Dr. Fauci's Climate Change "Mission Creep"" ... part of Dr Death/Dr Blofeld euthanasia plans

"Boris Johnson Sets New Oct. 15 Deadline For Brexit Trade Talks With Brussels" ... British fish say "molon labe"

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"A Record 52% Of Millennials Now Live With Their Parents, Highest Since Great Depression" ... good, seal the door and gas them ;-)

"Enabling The Technocratic-Parasite-Class' "Great Reset"" ... Digital Dark Web ... why is it called "Dark"?  See next item, got hot cash?

"Researchers Find New Way For Criminals To Launder Money Using Bitcoin" ... Bitcoin came from CIA/NSA, who also control the drug and human trafficking trades ... the regular banks do the legal money laundering (see drug lords save banks in 2008-09).  Link to the original public report ... wanna bet Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym?

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/How-to-Make-a-Mint%3A-The-Cryptography-of-Anonymous-Law-Sabett/1f8b7ec5d3a778e1980c9b656aaa4350cb135f09

"The British Army Of Wokeness" ... like Trump in the US, ban all Woman Studies/Race Studies graduates from the government and the military.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Maybe someday bitcoin or some other crypto/block chain will replace fiat money and central banks, but for now it seems like a pyramid franchise. Some people made a killing and sold out for good ole greenbacks.