Removing any legacy of the confederacy

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 25, 2020, 08:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

The current trend (which I neither endorse nor oppose) is to remove any statues or placenames of those connected with slavery or the confederacy.  That does lead to a rather logical conclusion.

GOP Rep Introduced Bill to Ban Democratic Party for Past Support of Slavery

QuoteOn Thursday, Republican Texas Representative Louie Gohmert introduced a House resolution that would ban the Democratic Party and any other groups that have historically supported the Confederacy or slavery in the United States.

"Since people are demanding we rid ourselves of the entities, symbols, and reminders of the repugnant aspects of our past, then the time has come for Democrats to acknowledge their party's loathsome and bigoted past, and consider changing their party name to something that isn't so blatantly and offensively tied to slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination, and the Ku Klux Klan," Gohmert said in a statement.

Maybe he's got bad motives.  I don't care about that part.  I say "if you're going to troll, go big."
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Shiranu

QuoteThat does lead to a rather logical conclusion.

We have very different ideas of what "logical" is. I would classify this one more as "fucking retarded", which coincidentally is what I would label Gohmert as.

And I don't mean that in a slang way, I mean Gohmert is actually fucking mentally handicapped and how the fuck Texas has elected him time and time again is beyond me. Even being a step-relative of his is embarrassing.

If this is "logical" then we also need to ban the United States of America. Ban the Constitution. Ban the military because it use to be segregated.

The thing is people aren't asking for things to be banned, they are asking for monument celebrating men who literally fought to no longer be American and to own slaves to be taken down.

Jesus christ, I don't get how that has to be explained.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 25, 2020, 08:55:12 AM
The current trend (which I neither endorse nor oppose) is to remove any statues or placenames of those connected with slavery or the confederacy.  That does lead to a rather logical conclusion.

GOP Rep Introduced Bill to Ban Democratic Party for Past Support of Slavery

Maybe he's got bad motives.  I don't care about that part.  I say "if you're going to troll, go big."
The Grim Old Party could be dinged for fighting desegregation.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Remove any legacy of the English ...

СмерÑ,ÑŒ Троцкому!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 25, 2020, 08:58:56 AM
We have very different ideas of what "logical" is. I would classify this one more as "fucking retarded", which coincidentally is what I would label Gohmert as.

And I don't mean that in a slang way, I mean Gohmert is actually fucking mentally handicapped and how the fuck Texas has elected him time and time again is beyond me. Even being a step-relative of his is embarrassing.

If this is "logical" then we also need to ban the United States of America. Ban the Constitution. Ban the military because it use to be segregated.

The thing is people aren't asking for things to be banned, they are asking for monument celebrating men who literally fought to no longer be American and to own slaves to be taken down.

Only fair, capture free range Democrats, send them to W African for sale, let them pick cotton for 400 years ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 25, 2020, 12:40:36 PM
The Grim Old Party could be dinged for fighting desegregation.

Lincoln was a closet Democrat ... and a vampire slayer.

The only good Yankee is a Yankee who strikes out!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on July 25, 2020, 08:58:56 AM

You don't speak Baruchistani.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 26, 2020, 02:26:31 PM
You don't speak Baruchistani.

He was responding to Jason Harvestdancer.  Please sober up ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Confederate flags and statues belong in museums, as cautionary tales of our past, NOT on government property. I'm fine with them being on private property though. Makes it easier to find the racist assholes I want to avoid.

As for the Democratic Party, give me a break. Yeah, sure. Let's ban the party that USED to be the racist party favored by the South, rather than the one that is the racist party favored by the South TODAY.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 28, 2020, 12:36:33 PM
Confederate flags and statues belong in museums, as cautionary tales of our past, NOT on government property. I'm fine with them being on private property though. Makes it easier to find the racist assholes I want to avoid.

As for the Democratic Party, give me a break. Yeah, sure. Let's ban the party that USED to be the racist party favored by the South, rather than the one that is the racist party favored by the South TODAY.

The idea that LBJ, our most evil President, moved the Dems to the liberal side is a myth ... he had to sell out the Blacks to get his legislation passed, his war in Vietnam approved ... by Southern Senators and Reps, who completely controlled the Congress.  The war in Vietnam and the war on poverty were designed to destroy Black families by removing the man of the family.

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference." - LBJ ... well attributed

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for 200 years." - LBJ ... less well attributed (Snopes is a Dem operation).

The Dems started to become liberal in 1972, with the McGovern candidacy.  This started the see-saw battle between neo-liberals and hippies in the Dem party.  Jimmy Carter was a Trilateralist, same as the Clintons and the Obamas.  Bernie Sanders isn't even a Democrat, he is an Independent Marxist.  But the Dem party continues to commit suicide by Biden bringing Bernie Bros on-board ... though if Biden is elected, the neo-liberals will betray them, just as they do other minorities.

If you want to remove any legacy of the US ... remove all statues, rename all US military locations after Chinese generals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

I've never bought the whole "the parties switched sides" trope.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 11, 2020, 10:08:10 PM

All tropes are CIA psyops.  Or we can say, it is more complicated than sloganeering simpletons can handle.

pr126 was quite clear, that the Dems have reverted to their 1860 form, and still using Blacks as an excuse for their treason.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 11, 2020, 10:08:10 PM
Party demographics changed. It's in the books.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 12, 2020, 10:41:18 AM
Party demographics changed. It's in the books.

Yes, LBJ pandered (lied) to the African-American community, got them to move from Republican to Democrat ... all the while screwing them at home and in Vietnam.  Most evil President of all time.  The African-American community was still fooled 30 years later, when President Clinton ended "welfare as we know it" ... another Southern rattlesnake.  Admittedly George W's fake war in Afghanistan and Iraq are great evils too, but we had no draft, no deliberate targeting of young African-American men.  Obama starting 4 new wars is a record, but American troops were minimized ... but he did create the trillion dollar "college loan" hell (in the context of students unable to declare bankruptcy, since Ford in 1976) by greatly accelerating the availability of those loans.

In the future, since all non-White voters are Dems by default (who's fault is that?) ... and non-White population as a percentage is constantly increasing, a permanent Dem totalitarianism is inevitable, isn't it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.