Why is Leftism a faillure even when it wins?

Started by Baruch, July 19, 2020, 07:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Rogue

Quote from: Baruch on July 24, 2020, 10:17:34 AM
Honey!  Who is Poo Bear!? (aka John Galt)

Human beings are primates.  It is wrong to expect too much of them, given that cats and dogs are clearly more intelligent (grifters).

Fictional character, bless your heart. Atlas Shrugged was a stupid movie. Are ya a nut picker? Do ya take the fringe ideology and apply that to all people on the left?

What is too much? Wow. So much for accountability huh? Better pass out that free stuff and defund the police.
Belief in a cruel God makes a crueler man...Thomas Paine

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on July 25, 2020, 06:48:55 PM
Idiots love their ideologies.
Well, if they're incapable of separating ideas from their heads, let them have their ideologies.

Baruch

Quote from: Rogue on July 26, 2020, 06:02:01 AM
Fictional character, bless your heart. Atlas Shrugged was a stupid movie. Are ya a nut picker? Do ya take the fringe ideology and apply that to all people on the left?

What is too much? Wow. So much for accountability huh? Better pass out that free stuff and defund the police.

What is the Left?  Are married gays in favor of Comet Pizza?  Didn't think so.  Accountability happens with elections (assuming no illegal offense).  But the Left views the law as only for their opponents (same as Islamists destroying infidels), they are Freedom Fighters, the law doesn't apply to them.

Which novel have you written?  So easy as an anarchist to cancel everyone and burn everything down.  Sociopathy isn't a political agenda.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rogue

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2020, 11:39:13 AM
What is the Left?  Are married gays in favor of Comet Pizza?  Didn't think so.  Accountability happens with elections (assuming no illegal offense).  But the Left views the law as only for their opponents (same as Islamists destroying infidels), they are Freedom Fighters, the law doesn't apply to them.

Which novel have you written?  So easy as an anarchist to cancel everyone and burn everything down.  Sociopathy isn't a political agenda.

The left is a spectrum that ranges from moderate to fringe. It cannot be summed up like you are trying to do. To me, the biggest discrepancy between right and left is how to use our government, especially federal. Try opening a nation with no rules.

I don't have to write a novel to critique one boo bear. I'm certainly not going to summarize the right based on the KKK.

You have not demonstrated sociopathy on the left. What a far fetched idea that is. You need true premises to even begin to try to have a valid conclusion. You seem to jump straight to conclusions. If anything the left has too much empathy, if there is such a thing. :)

I am engaged in the fight against cancel culture because I fight for logic and reason. I see the science denying right to be much more dangerous. Appeals to emotion (the thing you have used so far) is not going to convince me. Take an argument from the left please and debunk it. Universal Healthcare, bottoms up economy, Living wages, Labor rights, I will agree with you on open borders, regulating markets, tiered tax system, Abortion, comprehensive gun control, Ending the war on drugs, patriarchy is bad for women, separation of church and state- for examples.

Can we please go over the arguments and see if they stand up under scrutiny? If I am wrong in my political ambitions, I would like to know it so I can change course like I did when the facts made me reject the validity of theism. What do ya say boo bear?

On a scale of 1-5, one being moderate and 5 being fringe, I consider myself a 3. I could be wrong about that. You tell me. ;)

Baruch

Fringe is out, so hippie 60s ;-) Got bell-bottoms and Nehru jackets and love beads?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rogue

Quote from: Baruch on July 27, 2020, 12:04:10 PM
Fringe is out, so hippie 60s ;-) Got bell-bottoms and Nehru jackets and love beads?

Lol. I like to think I am unique. I'm Gen X, the slackers. I grew up on Motley Crue and Madonna lol. Who doesn't have love beads?

Baruch

Quote from: Rogue on July 28, 2020, 06:42:13 AM
Lol. I like to think I am unique. I'm Gen X, the slackers. I grew up on Motley Crue and Madonna lol. Who doesn't have love beads?

Gen X eh?  Well good for y'all.  After the Boomers are guillotined, you folks are next ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rogue

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2020, 11:07:10 AM
Gen X eh?  Well good for y'all.  After the Boomers are guillotined, you folks are next ;-)

You're funny :D We are their parents lol. Boomers are their grandparents. I am fascinated by the generation wars. How can people be so fucked up that they are afraid of their own descendants? A lot of my perspective on things is this- I'm not going to live forever. My generation will die. Why shouldn't I support my son? Do millennials have personal autonomy? One day their children will be grown. Why shouldn't they have some say on the world they leave to their grandchildren?  I want younger generations to surpass mine. Why wouldn't anybody feel this way? I support capitalism because I find it to be a better source of self-determination than Communism. I do believe that regulations and restraints need to be there to decrease, to the largest extent, the amount of exploitation that occurs under capitalism. I do not see how profit-sharing would undermine the essence of capitalism or a free market. It's just a more fair way to pay for labor. I'm not going to play a fiddle for a multi-billion dollar corporation that looses maybe 2% of it's profits. For a small business let them pay hourly and do an apprenticeship until their profits reach a fair point. Employers are the tyrannical dictators. When they can screen your bodily fluids at random, they have gone too far. There is no where to run and hide from it either.

https://qz.com/701895/the-best-companies-in-the-world-are-run-by-enlightened-dictators/
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/7/17/15973478/bosses-dictators-workplace-rights-free-markets-unions

SGOS

Quote from: Rogue on July 29, 2020, 08:43:55 AM
I am fascinated by the generation wars. How can people be so fucked up that they are afraid of their own descendants? A lot of my perspective on things is this- I'm not going to live forever. My generation will die. Why shouldn't I support my son? Do millennials have personal autonomy? 
When I first started hearing about generation this and generation that, I thought, "Where have I been?"  I always thought generations were more nebulous, and lasted something like 36 years, and there was actually no actual membership in a generation.  There were just people growing up.

It's not like all the women squirt out kids on January 1st of a particular year, and then don't have kids again until January 1st 36 years later.  Every generation blends with the one before it, and the one after it.  Chronologically, that's just the way it happens.  Every individual is part of what comes before and part of what will come after.

Then some hot shot social worker, or more likely some journalist that didn't have anything to write about decided he should pigeonhole what clearly doesn't lend itself to groups into groups with specific characteristics.  Apparently, he had never considered the Fallacy of Generalization, but humans being bored with life and themselves, took up the banner and chanted, "Look!  We have something do, something to bitch about, and here's to generalizing about everything. Now we can know who is lazy, who is productive, who is depressed, and who isn't worth a shit just by the date they were born."

And this is considered serious shit by some people.  Some of this is just my personal experience.  I've been told about the flaws of the latest generation, whatever they call it I can't remember, but I don't see the same flaws.  I see a group of people whose brains have not yet been corrupted by society, who offer our only hope for the future.  This may be the group with a modicum of sense still left in their heads.  I see hope.  Others see a generation that must be indoctrinated or destroyed or civilization will collapse.

drunkenshoe

"Slackers." LOL, I like that. It's accurate for defining us.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 29, 2020, 10:11:05 AM
"Slackers." LOL, I like that. It's accurate for defining us.

Some of you are "skirters" ;-)

@Rogue ... yes, I am funny.  My humor is an acquired taste because I play dirty.  But not as dirty as Lenny Bruce.

@SGOS ... "generations" are marketing inventions, opportunistically taken up by the media and politicians.  Got "Tang"?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rogue

Quote from: SGOS on July 29, 2020, 09:33:51 AM
When I first started hearing about generation this and generation that, I thought, "Where have I been?"  I always thought generations were more nebulous, and lasted something like 36 years, and there was actually no actual membership in a generation.  There were just people growing up.

It's not like all the women squirt out kids on January 1st of a particular year, and then don't have kids again until January 1st 36 years later.  Every generation blends with the one before it, and the one after it.  Chronologically, that's just the way it happens.  Every individual is part of what comes before and part of what will come after.

Then some hot shot social worker, or more likely some journalist that didn't have anything to write about decided he should pigeonhole what clearly doesn't lend itself to groups into groups with specific characteristics.  Apparently, he had never considered the Fallacy of Generalization, but humans being bored with life and themselves, took up the banner and chanted, "Look!  We have something do, something to bitch about, and here's to generalizing about everything. Now we can know who is lazy, who is productive, who is depressed, and who isn't worth a shit just by the date they were born."

And this is considered serious shit by some people.  Some of this is just my personal experience.  I've been told about the flaws of the latest generation, whatever they call it I can't remember, but I don't see the same flaws.  I see a group of people whose brains have not yet been corrupted by society, who offer our only hope for the future.  This may be the group with a modicum of sense still left in their heads.  I see hope.  Others see a generation that must be indoctrinated or destroyed or civilization will collapse.

My testable hypothesis is that it's the spanking. Parents may be afraid of revenge. I remember a lesson from my Developmental Psyche class called the attribution theory. A theory which supposes that people attempt to understand the behavior of others by attributing feelings, beliefs, and intentions to them. From that we get the Four Goals of Behavior: Attention, Power, Revenge, and Withdrawal. https://johnsommersflanagan.com/2017/06/10/why-children-misbehave-the-adlerian-perspective/

I remember, I wrote it in my notes, that my professor said do not engage in the cycle of power struggles and revenge. Unfortunately a lot of parents don't even know about Erikson's 8 stages or Vygotsky's zone of proximal development.

When a parent and child relationship gets caught in the cycle of power struggles and revenge, it becomes an issue in adult relationships between the parents and adult child. I don't know, but it's testable. ;)

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rogue

Quote from: Baruch on July 29, 2020, 12:10:44 PM
Stefan Molyneux agrees with you.

Really? Universal Preferable Behavior or something like that? I might have to rethink this lol.