News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Now THAT is a good view!

Started by trdsf, July 16, 2020, 07:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

About 3 minutes in, left of center.  Realtime 4K view.  Ho.  Lee.  Shit.

https://youtu.be/Yh1_wHdUx3Y
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Had no idea this was happening.  Thank you for the heads up.  We may have clearing skies tonight, and  right after sunset will be an easy appointment to make.

SGOS

I did see the comet this evening, but I could only spot it with binoculars.  After I knew where to look with the naked eye, it was a bare smudge in the sky, but it was certainly sizeable. Definitely the largest visible body up there tonight.  It took me a half hour to spot it after I starting scanning at 9:30 when there was but a dim glow on the horizon at the very end of the sunset.  I was on top of the Blue Ridge with 6 other parked cars, and I was the only one who had seen it by the time I left.  I tried to point it out to a couple of people, but they weren't able to see it, even with binoculars.  Although I would guess than an hour later, it would be easier to see.