Thoughts on the Immorality of Christianity

Started by Cassia, July 04, 2020, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosycheeked_rebel

NULL

Baruch

"STATUES OF THE VIRGIN MARY SET ON FIRE AND VANDALIZED, THREE CHURCHES IN ONE DAY ARE TORCHED" ... bring back the Spanish Inquisition.  Arrest violent anti-Christians, burn them at the stake ;-) This is how you win the hearts and minds of Hispanics, Polish Americans etc.

Please burn down all the synagogues while you are at it.  Proclaim it is non-violent.  Make sure that Palestinian flags are prominently displayed ... bwahaha.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Rosycheeked_rebel on July 13, 2020, 02:23:03 PM
.....God’s plan, free will, and prayer all contradict each other.....
LOL. I have watched videos and read articles presented by the wisest men from Jewish, Christian, and Islamic pulpits all working very hard to rationalize these contradictions. It is rather amusing. In the end it is always the same: god works in mysterious ways. Who are we to question it? How dare we question it? These preachers usually have robes, sashes, impressive beards, scepters, and serious hats. I guess they knew what they are talking about.

Baruch

That old time politics ... Marxism?  All they got is big beards, no hats ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rosycheeked_rebel

NULL

Baruch

Religions have power because psychology has power.  In theological, philosophical or ideological terms.  It is part of the "will" behind "people" power.

Got difficult questions?  Well they are difficult for a reason (no answers available).  In spite of the facile explanations offered in the previous sentence.

Of course Christianity is part of a greater carpet bazaar, with the usual haggling and sharp dealing.  Remember the opening to the Disney Aladdin movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inzkJ34VMfk

Dead Sea Tupperware ;-))  "It is what is inside that counts"

If the carpet you buy, doesn't fly ... please examine the fine print ... no returns!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Rosycheeked_rebel

NULL

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Rosycheeked_rebel on July 13, 2020, 11:29:13 PM
Why do some people do thatâ€"rely on such unreliable, fallacious thinking instead of accepting the painful reality and working through it?

The reason is partly, not entirely, the same reason people take drugs. It's easier to pop a few Oxycontin than work through feelings of depression. It's also easier to believe the fantasy that there is a spirit that loves you and knows your heart than feel profound existential isolation and loneliness. The idea that life has meaning and souls endure is soothing compared to accepting nothing any human has ever done or will do matters over time, that everything in the universe is impermanent. Humans have created all kinds of strategies to avoid psychological suffering and religion and intoxication are strategies that are persistent and pervasive, showing up in every culture I'm aware of.

Baruch

Yay, new people, younger people, smart people ;-)  Us long term folk (been here 5 years, many longer) are burned out.  You would be burned out too if you had posted over 40,000 responses (not counting multiple content posts and likes).  This place is a sweat shop, I tell yah!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

@Rosycheeked_rebel ... what can I say?  Sometimes the intuition is hot, that is what produced that Aladdin post.  That and 64 years of preparation ;-)  It is like photography, take lots of shots because most will be average but a few will be great.  The idea that you can simply pull a great photo out of your bum is egomania (there goes psychology again).  Is human behavior worth studying?  What, are you an aardvark or what?  How else do you expect to understand yourself, to understand other people?

Sorry for the Glee star that died, a mother died!  People get "transcendentally" involved in the lives of people they don't even know, like Trump!  Freud called this "Transference".  Counter-transference is where the counselor projects onto the patient, his own problems ;-(

"Transference, first described by Sigmund Freud, is a phenomenon in psychotherapy in which there is an unconscious redirection of feelings from one person to another. In his later writings, Freud learned that understanding the transference was an important piece of the psychotherapeutic work."

Transference is an interesting behavior we all do.  There is a certain Scottish MP, and every time he speaks, I want to punch him in the face!  Totally irrational on my part.  A girl sees a comely boy, she wants him to be interested in her.  Gender insanity along with narcissism!  One good thing about psychology ... you want to treat people more like patients that you can have sympathy for (hard sometimes).  Not superior like a doctor, because psychs have to have annual analysis themselves.  Nobody crazier than a psych.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'll take intoxication over religion any day! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 14, 2020, 03:35:18 PM
I'll take intoxication over religion any day! LOL

Best to drink the solution, than propose a solution ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.