News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Yes free speech is no easy thing. It is the desired outcome until it doesn't work.  And there is the rub; Sometimes it doesn't work.  India's back drop of new agriculture laws will be worked out politically, but politics in a democracy has the same problem.  It's only delivers fair and equitable solutions until it doesn't.  Now put a democracy and free speech together, and you have two ways to screw things up.  Yeah OK, they can also fix things, but with no guarantee.  Free speech and democracy work best when people are responsible and display an innate sense of fairness and compromise, without that, fair and equitable solutions die.

In a way, I'm happy to hear about India if only to make myself feel less alone knowing the US is not the only nation that needs to address this problem.  And it is a problem and it needs to be addressed.  I think it can be solved through compromise, which is anathema to purists.  And there is another problem; purists.

Fortunately, for those who disagree with me, my perspective means nothing, so I should never be a bother to anyone.

Jason Harvestdancer

So should we prepare for impeachment #3?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 13, 2021, 07:48:55 PM

Depends, do you think he did something that reasonably warrants it like the last 2?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

The next impeachment will happen when Republicans gain the house.

Blackleaf

"This impeachment is unconstitutional."

Yeah? According to which part of the Constitution? I don't see any part of it that says the President is immune to consequences when he is close to being replaced. And I know, if the shoe were on the other foot, these shameless hypocrites would be quick to impeach a Democrat President for much less. In fact, I predict they will use this as an excuse to do so at every opportunity. Just watch. These assholes only care about what it good for the party, not what is good for the country. Even Trump sending a dangerous riot their way was not enough to make them turn against him. Trump could literally do no wrong.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 13, 2021, 07:48:55 PM

Impeachment? Why not criminal charge?

Also why not charge the whole republican party? If not, then there hoping the party dies horribly.

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 13, 2021, 10:08:36 PM
Even Trump sending a dangerous riot their way was not enough to make them turn against him. Trump could literally do no wrong.
Well you see, the mob was well enough organized to only kill Democrats and a handful of the "bad" Republicans.  So any that were worth saving would be spared.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 14, 2021, 04:52:44 AM
Impeachment? Why not criminal charge?

Also why not charge the whole republican party? If not, then there hoping the party dies horribly.

Charge the whole party?  That's ambitious.  Go for it.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on February 13, 2021, 08:52:34 AM
A Republican Senator in Montana sent out a poll one time, and you've seen them too.  On the surface they are asking for your opinion.  How wonderful.  This guy actually gives a shit about my opinion, but then the questions are all choices designed by his pollster, who doesn't have a clue how to ask questions in a poll.  For example:

---------------------------------
Check one:

Do you want to tie up all forest resources so they cannot be used by anyone?
or
Do you support high wages and jobs for everyone?
Yeah, that's called a 'push poll' where they want to pretend they have support for their pre-determined position by wording the questioning in a way to try to force one answer over the other.  I used to get them occasionally in the mail and would send them back only if there was a pre-paid envelope, checking off all the answers they didn't want.  I got a phone call from a Fox pollster in the early '00s that was legitimate enough until they actually "asked" the first question: "(so and so) has a new book out about Hillary and YOU'VE GOT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!"

Me (drawing on my Political Science degree): No I don't.  This isn't a poll, this is you trying to gin up fake support.  I will be letting the *real* news outlets know you're running a push poll so your numbers will mean *nothing* when you release it.

I never heard anything further about any Fox poll about Hillary that year.  I doubt much that my blowing the whistle on their foul derailed it... but it's a nice daydream.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

I've tongue in cheek thought of the GOP as a cult; I didn't think they were REALLY that nutty and more just corrupt, greedy and miserable people, but it always felt right to refer to them as a cult.

I changed my opinion tonight; I no longer sarcastically believe that they are a cult. I genuinely believe they are a cult.

This was for CPAC... they brought in a golden idol of Trump. Like... you don't go through that much effort to get an idol of someone made unless you are way too invested in that person.

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1365145292706832387

"You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them." - Exodus 20:3-6"
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

It looks like it was inspired by a game piece for Monopoly, which Trump would probably appreciate.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 26, 2021, 06:58:08 AM
It looks like it was inspired by a game piece for Monopoly, which Trump would probably appreciate.
I agree (or 'like') your post!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I came, I saw, I concurred!

😋
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

When I said that the GOP had been taken over and become the cult of Trump, I meant every word of it.

Shiranu

CPAC's stage (same event with the Golden Trump).

They really don't bother hiding it anymore.