News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Remember the Capitol Police Chief who resigned after the Capitol Police Force was unprepared for the insurrection?  At the time, I thought he resigned as a failure, but apparently not.  It sounds like he did everything right except that a 3 member board who oversees the department refused to allow him to take the necessary action.  And during the attack they failed to authorize help from the National Guard.  Two board members have since retired.  How could they be that boneheaded considering the intel they had?  Right wing sympathizers?

The Capitol Police apologized for its security failures on Jan. 6, including a delay in approving pleas for National Guard assistance.
Two days before the attack, Steven Sund, then the chief of the Capitol Police, requested that the Capitol Police Board declare a state of emergency and authorize a request to secure National Guard support. The board denied the request, according to Chief Pittman, but encouraged Chief Sund to contact the National Guard to determine how many guardsmen could be sent to the Capitol on short notice, which he did.

As the protesters became an increasing threat to the Capitol on Jan. 6, Chief Sund asked for more help from federal agencies and law enforcement agencies in the area. “He also lobbied the board for authorization to bring in the National Guard, but he was not granted authorization for over an hour,” Chief Pittman said.

Mr.Obvious

I claimed the above here on the site too, shortly after the incident. But I thought I was going mad because though I could swear I heard it somewhere I couldn't find the information back anywhere. And by god I looked for it. Thanks.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 26, 2021, 05:46:04 PM
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-furiously-watching-fauci-biden-era-interviews-report-2021-1
Trump is a caricature of a child in a never ending temper tantrum.  This article is both funny and pathetic.  I'm happy he's gone.  Now I just wish he would grow up. He managed his own company and that was OK because he owned it, but he just wasn't cut out to be the president, a job which requires a minimum of maturity. Personally, I wouldn't hire him to manage a Burger King.

Mike Cl

I really do wish we could say that trump is gone and we can see him in the rear view mirror.  I'm very concerned that that is not so.  He will cause as much chaos as he possibly can.  Trumpies are very much with us and alive.  He will not be voted to be removed from office because the large part of the repubs are still his minions and they are terrified of him.  He will not be gone for a long time.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Biden administration revives plan to put Harriet Tubman on $20 bill

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-administration-revives-plan-to-put-harriet-tubman-on-20-bill/ar-BB1d4PJs?ebsb=2&enablessr=true

I'm curious, if we'll see unfortunate scenes of a certain lot tearing -or at least trying- a 20 bill in front of the camera if this goes through. I thought of that because that kind of moronic stuff happens here. It's not the same of course, but we have seen people pouring liters of coca cola down the drain, stabbing oranges and squeezing them...in protest. When you laugh at people buying products to destroy to protest a company/country selling them, you should remember that there is always something more stupid to come. Yeah, we really, actually have had people stabbing oranges to protest Nederlands. It's a moment that makes you question higher concepts in life because, you know it is not done as trolling, or to be absurd, ironic or crazy, but as a serious, planned act. One beloved comment made by a young man after a cry of desperation on 'being born on this planet, in this country at this time in a 14 billion year old universe' also included 'oranges' rights to retaliate by stabbing turkeys'. Poor kid. Yeah...well.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Harriet Tubman on $20 bill?  That should piss off slave owners everywhere.  The $20 bill is the only way I can ever remember that Andrew Jackson was a president, but also a supporter of slavery, and active in the slave trade.  Who the Hell put him on the $20 in the first place?

GSOgymrat

If I was designing currency, I wouldn't focus on any individuals. I would choose themes or events such as "Liberty" with the signing of the Declaration of Independence, "Freedom" with the Emancipation Proclamation, or "Bravery" with the Apollo 11 moon landing.

Cassia

'Oklahoma Wants To Return Its $2 Million Stockpile Of Hydroxychloroquine'
Fucking dumbasses.

drunkenshoe

SGOS is right though. It's about sending a specific message and pissing people off. At this point I can't evaluate the situation in a healthy way.
But you know what, among all those figures, if a slavery supporter was chosen to put on probably the most often used money bill in the country, may be it is time somebody should change it with her to poke people in the eye on how fucked up that is, considering the point things arrived.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on January 27, 2021, 08:46:09 AM
'Oklahoma Wants To Return Its $2 Million Stockpile Of Hydroxychloroquine'
Fucking dumbasses.
lol.  See?  See?!! And they wonder how a crazy but much beloved person like Trump could harm the country in anyway.  $2 Million in Hydroxchoroquine?  Just pass it out to the Oakies for free, and Oklahoma may become the malaria free capitol of the world.  Yankees might go there to escape Malaria.

Hydra009

And due to that massive order placed on a whim by some guy who clearly doesn't understand science (ripping off his mask while infectious with covid was a pretty big red flag) and it just sat at some facility somewhere while people who actually needed hydroxychloroquine for Lupus couldn't get it.

Trump infamously said of hydroxychloroquine: "what do we have to lose?"  Good question.  Let's ask the Lupus patients who got screwed over.

Shiranu

140 officers now reported as being injured during the insurrection; 2 dead (one on the job, the other by suicide a day or two later), brain injuries, spinal damage, an officer will be losing an eye, one impaled by a metal fence post...

Still, we shouldn't hold people accountable for that... we need to move on! Killing cops and trying to murder Congress isn't a big deal, like say Benghazi or Monica Lewenski.

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurrection-at-the-capitol/2021/01/27/961268306/unconscionable-capitol-police-union-says-leadership-failed-officers-in-riot?utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

AP source: Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ap-source-lawmakers-threatened-ahead-of-impeachment-trial/2021/01/24/e541218a-5ea5-11eb-a177-7765f29a9524_story.html

QuoteWASHINGTON â€" At least five people facing federal charges have suggested they believed they were taking orders from Trump when they marched on Capitol Hill to challenge the certification of Biden’s election victory. But now those comments, captured in interviews with reporters and federal agents, are likely to take center stage as Democrats lay out their case.

More than 130 people have been charged by federal prosecutors for their roles in the riot. In recent weeks, others have been arrested after posting threats against members of Congress.

They include a Proud Boys supporter who authorities said threatened to deploy “three cars full of armed patriots” to Washington, threatened harm against Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., and who is accused of stockpiling military-style combat knives and more than 1,000 rifle rounds in his New York home. A Texas man was arrested this week for taking part in the riot at the Capitol and for posting violent threats, including a call to assassinate Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JOaNhx0F8

Cassia

The funny thing about the "Q" thing is that atheists used to be the satanic baby eaters. I guess we are off the hook now that we all know it was the liberal elites all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsN96zE8FuE