News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 18, 2021, 01:00:25 AM
Also, his idea of a dystopia is the liberals telling people to wear masks and people actually doing it.  Horrifying! 
It's like reality is starting to do satires of Saturday Night Live.

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 17, 2021, 03:01:52 PM
If some petitions are spurious or silly, all petitions are spurious or silly?
No, the correct syllogism goes like this.

If A is spurious and silly, and
If B is spurious and silly, then
A and B are spurious and silly.

It's simple.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 17, 2021, 05:45:10 PM
You're not exactly in a great position to talk about flimsy evidence.

You don't even know what's evidence, and how it works. You think voting for a 3rd party puts you in some special, neutral positon above others to make baseless assumptions, you moron.

If you are keen on dropping nonsensical bullshit when you are bored, suck it up when people shred it to pieces and stop whinning. Nobody has to put up with your deliberate attitude.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I am watching Jimmy Kimmel on coup attempt..."Weirdly, the only respect that was shown to the velvet ropes..." About Pence tweets, "If thinking your vice president can award you a presidency you didn't win isn't delusional, I don't know what is..." About the lash out on Pence "...Never before have so many people gathered to watch a president masturbate"... Ow, it is so depressing.

Also, I think somebody messed with this video of Kimmel's autogenerated subtitle. Seriously it looks like played with.

E: Interestingly enough his show is the harshest reaction in a way. E: Because he is not a political commentator, but I think with all the stuff going on, it is too sutble.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 18, 2021, 08:07:09 AM
You don't even know what's evidence, and how it works. You think voting for a 3rd party puts you in some special, neutral positon above others to make baseless assumptions, you moron.

You cite evidence while saying I know nothing of evidence.  Dunning-Kruger effect in play.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 18, 2021, 09:16:46 AM
You cite evidence while saying I know nothing of evidence.  Dunning-Kruger effect in play.

Oy vey...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 18, 2021, 09:16:46 AM
Actually you are displaying the Dumb and Dumber effect.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Meanwhile, this is an interesting signal: Biden is to name Rohit Chopra, an ally of Elizabeth Warren, to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

QuotePresident-elect Joe Biden will nominate Rohit Chopra to be the next director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, according to four sources familiar with the decision, choosing a strong consumer advocate aligned with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.).

If confirmed, Chopra, now a member of the Federal Trade Commission, would be returning to helm an agency he helped Warren set up after its establishment by the landmark Dodd-Frank financial reform law of 2010.

The selection of Chopra signals that the Biden administration plans to return the CFPB to the more-muscular posture of its early days following three years of Trump administration appointees curbing the agency's reach. Biden also plans to nominate Gary Gensler, a former financial regulator known for aggressive bank oversight, as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, a source familiar with the matter said.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

I would like to see Biden restore the Post Office to its former state.  He has made promises, but I haven't seen actions that signal this.  I don't know if he can do this or not.  The Post Office is currently run by a board with a large majority of Republicans, and I don't know who has the power to do what.  Trump appointed that current anti-Post Office guy to head up the agency.  I wonder if he could be fired by Biden.

This is not my biggest political concern, but it seems like it might be one thing that Biden could fix.  And I mention it because no one has brought it up like it's not that important.  But I've always been a fan of the Post Office.  It seems like it's one of a few government agencies that works really well.

Mr.Obvious

I saw some new footage from the insurrection. 'more tame' moments. A big guy confused for a moment as he misunderstood Ted cruz' stance on Arizona as they ransacked the politicians desks, people laughing as they called out for Nancy Pelosi to show herself, the qanon shaman leading a prayer.
Whilst not as violent as other footage, I found their relative calmness in those moments very disturbing too. It had none of the adrenaline, but at least as much of the surreal insanity.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

In more positive news:  Joe Biden names top geneticist Eric Lander as science adviser

QuoteLander was a key leader of the Human Genome Project â€" the race to sequence the human genome, which ended in 2003 â€" and is president and founding director of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He will be the first biologist to run OSTP.
Additionally, the head of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) is now a cabinet-level position.

QuoteMany scientists have long called for the OSTP director to be raised to a cabinet-level position. “Having science elevated to its rightful place in the administration seems to me a very positive step,” says Harold Varmus, a professor at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York and former head of the National Institutes of Health. “I think it marks a very important moment in the history of science in the government.”

“It signifies the importance of who will be in the room when decisions are being made,” says Roger Pielke Jr., a science policy expert at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Roger missed a prime opportunity to say that scientists will now be in "the room where it happens".  :P

drunkenshoe

Do you think there will be a chain of political scandals after he is offically out? I mean there were lots of claims in the last 4 years. Just the resignations, removing from office incidents alone is significant, isn't it? So there must be at least a number of people who were afraid, or didn't talk before for this and that reason. And they would get in line. Most importantly, esp. about anything that has happened at the beginning of the Covid-19 outbreak.

I mean crowd controversy, bullying people to temper with a footage is one thing, even bullying high level officials to temper with vote count is another thing... but if it is true, making deliberate, purposeful executive level decisions in a global outbreak according to the [different] political or cultural identity of groups of people, knowing it would bodily and mentaly harm them, cause death in mass scale is a whole different level event. There is an abhorrent term for that in the international law. It's exactly defined like this and, no, it is not 'discrimination'.

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 20, 2021, 05:25:55 AM
Do you think there will be a chain of political scandals after he is offically out?
I think there will be, but I don't know if it would be best to pursue that stuff or let it die and get him off the radar.  He feeds off of attention, even if it's negative, and his followers think it's great. Of course, it would be irresponsible to let him get away with crime, as presidents sometimes are able to do.

I read one article saying the police were debating how big a presence they should have for his protests.  Too big a presence can create more violence, so they say, and his mobs are becoming increasingly more violent, carrying assault rifles, wearing their own riot gear, and itching for an excuse to get violent.  It didn't seem to be an issue with Black Lives Matter, however, where bigger was better.  Law and order, you know, when it's a minority and a lower threat level.

I don't think his legacy will be favorable and he will probably be remembered as the worst president ever, unless he can overthrow democracy and write his own history.  I don't think that will happen, but a some dictators come to power after they get out of jail.  Anything can happen.

SGOS

Trump and his family just left the White House and got on the helicopter to take him to the airport.  They were carrying towels, pens, ashtrays, and boxes of toilet paper, and made a quick stop at the gift shop, which turned out to be closed as the staff were all heading over to the Biden Inauguration.

But seriously, I have never watched a departure where the outgoing president was described with so much contempt by the talking heads on CNN.  Talk about leaving in disgrace.  For 20 minutes, not one good thing was said about Trump.  They just continually pointed out what a horrible president he had been.

SGOS

Marine One makes emergency landing on the way to Andrews Air Force Base to throw Trump off for refusing to wear a mask.