News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

13th of Jan. Is this still necessary or something like 'let me make it clear'?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Yes, Shoe, it is necessary.  Think how much better Jan. 6th would have been if the NG were out in force.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Cassia on November 20, 2020, 07:45:55 PM
Wait till Giuliani attempts to collect his lawyer fees from Trump, LOL.
Yep, here we go !!!
Report: 'Isolated And Angry' Trump Refuses To Pay Rudy Giuliani For Legal Work
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giuliani-election-legal-work-032513094.html

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 14, 2021, 03:53:30 AM
13th of Jan. Is this still necessary or something like 'let me make it clear'?
I think it's both.  Intelligence branches of government are warning of further possible attacks.  So necessary?  Probably, but maybe more like leaving nothing to chance, which was the big error made by the Capitol Police earlier. 'Let me make it clear' is also a strong deterrent against further violent attacks.  This is a rebellion and nothing the military can't handle, but like the covid vaccine, it does no good if it's not there.  If it is there, peace will prevail.  Of course, this doesn't address the underlying problem of ignorance and anger.  I hold the government responsible for that, but they are constrained by free speech issues and have little ability to silence the conspiracy theorists and pot stirrers.  You can't educate the entire public, because as of yet, we have found no cure for stupid.

From what I read, the state capitols might be in greater need of military help.  FBI and CIA are aware of more specific organizing to attack state capitols in retribution for certifying the votes.  The Federal Capitol is the bigger prize but the State Capitols are easier targets.  There is plenty of military for this too, but I'm not hearing anything about putting it in place.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on January 14, 2021, 09:31:19 AM
Yep, here we go !!!
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giuliani-election-legal-work-032513094.html
That's pretty much in line with lots of Trump's past behaviors.  Simply, declare the work does not meet a standard and let the contractor try and take him on in court.  But, somewhere I read that Giuliani was not expecting payment, or was that my imagination?  Unless Giuliani has mentally lost it, he knew the case was totally unwinnable from the start.  So it was more like doing a favor for a delusional but vindictive friend that you wouldn't want on your bad side.

Cassia

Giuliani is such a carpet bagging opportunist, just like his client....From wiki...LOL

Giuliani's mother maintained in 1988 that:
He only became a Republican after he began to get all these jobs from them. He's definitely not a conservative Republican. He thinks he is, but he isn't. He still feels very sorry for the poor.

Giuliani did not serve in the military during the Vietnam War. His conscription was deferred while he was enrolled at Manhattan College and NYU Law. Upon graduation from the latter in 1968, he was classified 1-A (available for military service), but in 1969 he was reclassified 2-A (essential civilian) as Judge MacMahon's law clerk

Giuliani's critics claimed that he arranged for people to be arrested, then dropped charges for lack of evidence on high-profile cases rather than going to trial. In a few cases, his arrests of alleged white-collar criminals at their workplaces with charges later dropped or lessened, sparked controversy, and damaged the reputations of the alleged "perps". He claimed veteran stock trader Richard Wigton, of Kidder, Peabody & Co., was guilty of insider trading; in February 1987, he had officers handcuff Wigton and march him through the company's trading floor, with Wigton in tears. Giuliani had his agents arrest Tim Tabor, a young arbitrageur and former colleague of Wigton, so late that he had to stay overnight in jail before posting bond.

Within three months, charges were dropped against both Wigton and Tabor

SGOS

I'm sure Giuliani would take the money if Trump gave it to him, but he won't get it.  Without full knowledge, I suspect there was an underlying agenda for Giuliani that would only be made sweeter by some money.  From a financial point of view, however, you don't take an unwinnable case that's going to wreck your reputation if it wasn't about the money, a lot of money.  Maybe this will end up as an out of court settlement, which Giuliani anticipated.

Unbeliever

I'm afraid Biden is in for the most difficult presidency in modern history, even with the Dems holding congress. He's got a lot on his plate, and the Trumpublicans still have lots of ways to gum up the works.

I think he'll be up to the task, but he's got some hard problems to deal with.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

"Do you know any good lawyers?"

"Do I know any good lawyers? No. But I do know Rudy Giuliani."

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Those pics made me uncomfortable the least. For lots of very different reasons. I wish they didn't take them in this manner at least. Tyrants of the world are watching veeery closely and taking notes. Fuck you, republicans. Fuck you!

E:You know what, they shouldn't have taken those pics at all. It's bullshit.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on January 14, 2021, 09:31:19 AM
Yep, here we go !!!
The downside of being paid what you're worth.

Hydra009

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 14, 2021, 01:37:31 PMThose pics made me uncomfortable the least.
As a Southerner, I assumed that federal soldiers stationed to prevent violence by crazed pro-confederate lunatics was a normal thing.

Shiranu

Edit - Apparently this is what places like Fox are pushing now, as well as the Congressmen who have been screaming "ANTIFAAAAAA" since it happened...

A friend of mine insists that America's problem is that the government and society has shifted too "far-left" (Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, et. al.) as well as the media and that's what is causing all this violence.

So, after doing the math on who represents us in Congress, which is the most representative branch of the government, this is what I found.

49.6% of Republicans in office hold a far-right, conspiracy theory ideology.
2.7% of Democrats hold a "far-left" ideological view.

When put into of the entire Congress, that means that 24.1% hold objectively far-right views while only 1.3% of Congress hold "far-left" views.

My methodology is using The Republicans who voted against recognizing the election as legitimate as being "far-right, conspiracy theorists" while I used "The Squad" (AOC, Omar, Pressley, Talib, Bowman & Bush) who are identified as the "far-left" branch of the Democratic party by opponents as well as Bernie Sanders in the Senate.

But yes, tell me more about how it is the "far-left" that is the problem with this country.
The math is bellow, if anyone is interested.

[spoiler]
121 House Republicans (out of 211) voted that they refuse to even accept the elections.8 Senate Republicans (out of 49) voted that they refuse to even accept the elections.
That means that 27.8% of the House of Representatives (which is the most representative branch of the Federal government) are far-right, conspiracy theory nutjobs, or 24% of Congress. Or to break it down by party, 49.6% of the Republican party is composed of far-right, conspiracy theory nutjobs.

Now let's compare that to the "far-left" in Congress... "The Squad" (Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, etc.) and Bernie Sanders... and using "far-left" is being VERY generous with that phrase when they are left-central at by any sane metric.

The Squad is 6 Democrats (out of 222) in the House.
Bernie is 1 Independent (out of 1?) in the Senate.

That means 1.3% of the the House is made up of "far-left" politicians, and 1% of the Senate is "far-left". By party, that comes out to 2.7% of the Democratic party being 'far-left'.
[/spoiler]
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

I wonder if the threats to the state capitols could be a feint to draw law enforcement there so as to be able to attack softer targets?

I bet some of those people have read The Art Of War, and know enough to use it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman