News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

That is why "political preaching" has been questioned (aka suggesting to parishioners who to vote for), as well as having polling places in churches.  Of course this wouldn't apply to mosques or synagogues ;-))

As far as taxes go, I would tax everyone at 100%.  Social cohesion requires a dictatorship.  Just ask Zimbabwe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 23, 2020, 08:47:50 AM
It seems to me that trump will be bring suit after suit in all the swing states until Dec 14th, when the electoral college makes it 'official' tally known.  After that, he will pursue other angles--and what all of those will be is anybody's guess.  It won't be pretty.

I'm not so worried about what Trump is doing or will do, I'm very afraid of what his millions of cult members will do. I'm afraid they may attack the inauguration ceremony, in force, to kill as many of the Democratic leadership as they can, especially Biden, Harris, Pelosi and Schumer.

I don't know what form the attack might take, but I can think of several scenarios, and if I can, so can they.

They will not allow a Biden administration to govern the country. Did you see all those evangelical Christians? That's not even the tip of the iceberg.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

President Elect chooses Antony Blinken as Secretary of State

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Blinken

Basically, he supports an internationalist/multinational approach.  His record isn't spotless - supported the Iraq War in 2003 - but it's a hell of an upgrade over Pompeo.  Blinken has experience and he's not a relative of the President, so that's a fairly new experience for us.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 23, 2020, 06:27:47 PM
Blinken has experience and he's not a relative of the President, so that's a fairly new experience for us.
Ha!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 23, 2020, 03:46:34 PM
I'm not so worried about what Trump is doing or will do, I'm very afraid of what his millions of cult members will do. I'm afraid they may attack the inauguration ceremony, in force, to kill as many of the Democratic leadership as they can, especially Biden, Harris, Pelosi and Schumer.

I don't know what form the attack might take, but I can think of several scenarios, and if I can, so can they.

They will not allow a Biden administration to govern the country. Did you see all those evangelical Christians? That's not even the tip of the iceberg.

Not afraid of China at all, since you would enjoy working for free at Foxcon?  Think any new CCP virus weapon will pass you by?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't work, it's a four-letter word...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Hopefully this is truth bound. I read Trump tweeted he has finally initiated the transfer of power to Biden.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 24, 2020, 01:35:45 AM
Hopefully this is truth bound. I read Trump tweeted he has finally initiated the transfer of power to Biden.
The General Services Administration has formally started the transition process.  I dunno if they got the go ahead from Trump ahead of time or if they did it independently and Trump just tried to play it down as "preliminary work".

Either way, this is a major step forward into formally transferring power and a huge blow to any stalling effort.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 24, 2020, 02:19:08 AM
The General Services Administration has formally started the transition process.  I dunno if they got the go ahead from Trump ahead of time or if they did it independently and Trump just tried to play it down as "preliminary work".

Either way, this is a major step forward into formally transferring power and a huge blow to any stalling effort.
The head of the GSA said she made the decision on her own in response to Trump saying he ordered her to go ahead.  But then if a hurricane changed it's path and missed South Carolina, Trump would say he ordered it.  Either way as you point out, it is a major step, and it's not the best outcome for Trump.  The train is leaving the station if a bit late.  But I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last four years.

Cassia

I think I finally have a handle on Trump's popularity. It is simple. He is an unapologetic selfish asshole. And that appeals to 50% of Americans who are also selfish assholes. The pundits and sociologists can write books till the cows come home. It is what it is.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on November 24, 2020, 08:49:50 AM
I think I finally have a handle on Trump's popularity. It is simple. He is an unapologetic selfish asshole. And that appeals to 50% of Americans who are also selfish assholes.
How long did it take you to figure that out?   :biggrin:

SGOS

The other day, I thought to myself, "There maybe something good in Trump challenging the voting system.  True or not, the idea that fraud exists in the system is nothing new.  I've always hoped the system was fair and accurate, but never really knew for sure."  It might be good to launch an intensive investigation into the system so that many of us could do more than just hope it's fair.  But Trump never launched an investigation into the system, although he's been hinting at election fraud even before being elected in 2016.  He just issued baseless claims without any knowledge or evidence to support them.  That's not an investigation.

And even if we did an investigation and found rampant fraud, would that help?  We all know about gerrymandering, voter suppression, and intimidating, and we acknowledged its existence for years, but congress never does anything about it.  The system simply lends itself to political tampering.

Cassia

Quote from: SGOS on November 24, 2020, 09:07:34 AM
How long did it take you to figure that out?   :biggrin:
It was always one possibility...I just didn't want it to be true. Sadly it is.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on November 24, 2020, 08:49:50 AM
I think I finally have a handle on Trump's popularity. It is simple. He is an unapologetic selfish asshole. And that appeals to 50% of Americans who are also selfish assholes. The pundits and sociologists can write books till the cows come home. It is what it is.
Yeah, I'm afraid you are correct.  I understand that on the Limburger show, a caller told him that she would give her life for trump.  I am still trying to figure out what does trump do that commands that type of blind loyalty.  Trump has demonstrated that much more of this society is simply filled with selfish, twisted believers, who blindly go along.  Trump fucks over his 'base' all the time, yet they fawn over him like he is a messiah of some type.  I will probably never fully understand the dynamics of all that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 23, 2020, 06:27:47 PM
His record isn't spotless - supported the Iraq War in 2003 - but it's a hell of an upgrade over Pompeo.
So did a lot of other people, based on the fake intelligence reports they were fed.  I don't know whether he's ever recanted his support; that is what I would find more telling.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan