News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Sore Dem losers invent KKK.  Later they weaponize BLM.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Last night, just woke up, I had a Trump dream. First time in my life. Hella weird.

He got his lawsuits revoked and failed to turn the electoral votes to his favor. In my dream he made a weird concession speech. Talking about how disheartened he was because he truly had given it his best and you can't blame a man for doing his best. As his defense trailed off and became more and more childlike, it cut to montage of his years as president. Pence was there too. And by the end he was skipping through a meadow saying he was glad to leave and promising to leave the biggest mess to punish Biden and the voters, like he had some deranged meltdown.

Maybe I ought to cut back on the news, for a while.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

QuoteIn late October we asked readers to make their election predictions and published a sampling of the more than 500 responses. Many readers predicted a Joe Biden landslide, others thought that President Trump would win the Electoral College and some rightly guessed that the results would be too close to call on Election Day.

We promised to highlight the letter that was most prescient. Raj Patel, a sophomore at John P. Stevens High School in Edison, N.J., correctly predicted on Oct. 26 that the winner would not be known on Election Day but instead several days later (he predicted a week; it was actually four days later).

While his popular vote margin for Joe Biden was overly generous and a few states voted differently than he predicted, he was the only letter writer who nailed the Electoral College count, 306 to 232 â€" assuming no changes because of recounts, lawsuits or faithless electors.

Raj told The Times on Wednesday that he wrote the letter for his U.S. history class after studying on his own how the candidates were faring in each state. He stayed up till 2 a.m. the night of the election, but had to wait a few days to learn how his prediction had put the pollsters to shame. He called it “a great honor” to be named the winner.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 22, 2020, 03:14:35 AM
Last night, just woke up, I had a Trump dream. First time in my life. Hella weird.
It would probably help.  I got rid of TV for much the same reasons.  Last month, I took advantage of a New York Times introductory offer, and it kind of reminds me of my TV days, because I'm getting inundated, sometimes by the same story 5 times.  It's somewhat like a toned down 24 hour news channel.  But I do have the option to filter some of the stuff I'm sent.  I haven't done that yet.

But it's still far better than TV, which fails at in depth reporting compared to the Times, which often answers my related questions.  Constant repetition from Wolf Blitzer is not "in depth."  It's more like mental domination.  And with the paper, I can choose what I want to focus on.  Many people leave the TV on when they aren't watching, and the house becomes dominated by the news channel.  I used to leave the TV on at times too, like I thought something might happen.  Now when something does actually happen, the Times sends a "Breaking News Item" in my email, and I know about it when it happens, because my email is my home page.  And if something happens, I really only need to know that once.

One day years ago, I realized that I was often running to the TV to turn the God damned thing off, and I started wondering why I was paying $100/month for something that provided me with more anxiety than entertainment.  Being a news junkie is probably as self destructive as being... well, a "junkie," and when you try to break your addiction, you start saying, "Yeah but this," and "Yeah but that."  It's hard to end an addition.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 22, 2020, 03:14:35 AM

He got his lawsuits revoked and failed to turn the electoral votes to his favor. In my dream he made a weird concession speech. Talking about how disheartened he was because he truly had given it his best and you can't blame a man for doing his best. As his defense trailed off and became more and more childlike, it cut to montage of his years as president. Pence was there too. And by the end he was skipping through a meadow saying he was glad to leave and promising to leave the biggest mess to punish Biden and the voters, like he had some deranged meltdown.

Strawberries before bedtime ;-)

I subscribed to the WSJ for a year in the mid-80s, but then it went under new management, stopped being about business and became an RNC rag.  Enjoy your NYT, it may be the last thing made in NYC before they turn the lights out.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 21, 2020, 01:11:11 PM
Yes, but if the inauguration is disrupted, will Trump cease being president at noon even if Biden and Harris are prevented from taking the oath of office? Would the speaker of the House become acting president?
If the Electoral College has voted, and absent any last-minute shenanigans in the House and Senate when they officially accept the result in January, there isn't a single thing Donnieboy other than whine and cry and bitch and moan.  He will cease to be President at noon, and there's not one thing he can do to stop it.  Biden will become president at noon with or without the oath; the oath is to be taken before exercising Presidential power, not to make the oath-taker the president.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

Phew. I wasn't paying attention after the election results. The last several pages were colourful. That fake laughing man in the holy koolaid video is one of the creepist things I have seen. :eek:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 23, 2020, 04:32:44 AM
Phew. I wasn't paying attention after the election results.
The last 3 weeks have been more nerve-racking than election day itself.

Mike Cl

It seems to me that trump will be bring suit after suit in all the swing states until Dec 14th, when the electoral college makes it 'official' tally known.  After that, he will pursue other angles--and what all of those will be is anybody's guess.  It won't be pretty.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Election day was the day we got to see actual voter results and the results of the electoral college, rather than mostly useless polling data, and that was bad enough.  What we are going through right now is a test of the strength of an ideology we call democracy, and this is scarier than another 4 years of Trump.  The fact that this challenge comes from the deranged mind of a lunatic who wants to be a dictator makes it all the more exhausting.  And while the courts are kept busy hearing the arguments, even if they are thoughtfully rejecting them, it is not comforting when we realize how close this brings us to the end of a 250 year run as a successful, if not somewhat dysfunctional, system of governance.

The strength of our system is what makes our country, not the mind of any individual president no matter whether he is brilliant, delusional, fair, or dishonest.  Countries that abdicate that kind of power to one person become corrupt and self serving to that person his family and his cronies.

Right now the news is filled with predictions that Trump cannot win this power grab, but it also notes in the "find print" and somewhat reluctantly that it could happen.  But that is not news.  Its opinion.  Even if Trump does not win, as of now the system is changed and all future elections will be held hostage by the threat of trivial lawsuits that can serve to weaken the country and pave the way for pathological dictators who would seek to end democracy.

drunkenshoe

I should have known. It's depressing. Hang in there. Oooff.

So dollar hasn't even started yet around here I guess.  :sad2:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 23, 2020, 07:38:27 AM
The last 3 weeks have been more nerve-racking than election day itself.

Party hardy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 23, 2020, 04:32:44 AMPhew. I wasn't paying attention after the election results.
That should be normal.  It's normal when Americans look at the elections of countries like Canada and the UK and Germany.  We hear the news, accept it, and move on with our lives.

This ongoing circus and borderline coup attempt is irregular and deeply disturbing and (if even remotely successful) sets a hell of a precedent.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 23, 2020, 12:09:15 PM
That should be normal.  It's normal when Americans look at the elections of countries like Canada and the UK and Germany.  We hear the news, accept it, and move on with our lives.

This ongoing circus and borderline coup attempt is irregular and deeply disturbing and (if even remotely successful) sets a hell of a precedent.

News in all countries are psyops of their respective Deep States.  But I support the CIA etc, hence elections are a waste of time.

"MI5 operates a partially secret policy that allows agents to participate in serious crimes including torture and killing, a security tribunal has heard." ... this is very old policy dating back 120 years or more.  The US is the bitch of Britain all along.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

From IRS.gov...
In 1954, Congress approved an amendment by Sen. Lyndon Johnson to prohibit 501(c)(3) organizations, which includes charities and churches, from engaging in any political campaign activity. To the extent Congress has revisited the ban over the years, it has in fact strengthened the ban. The most recent change came in 1987 when Congress amended the language to clarify that the prohibition also applies to statements opposing candidates.

Currently, the law prohibits political campaign activity by charities and churches by defining a 501(c)(3) organization as one "which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."

They need to get on these preachers for taxes, especially since they video tape the evidence themselves...I am gonna email these these links to the IRS..